An interesting picture i just found

  • Thread starter Thread starter frank-jaeger
  • 78 comments
  • 9,498 views
A few more, looks "freaky" in Premium spec, likewise the R32 👍


gran-turismo-5-images-20070816051518743_640w.jpg


gran-turismo-5-images-20070816051545539_640w.jpg


gran-turismo-5-images-20070725102017531_640w.jpg

Those are nice R33 pics bro. 👍
 
Link? is there a bigger one of the first pic?
 
Probably the strangest example of a "premium" level car being dropped from GTHD or GT5P is the '99 Subaru Impreza Rally Car. Apparently PD intended for it to be included in GTHD but removed it before release. It was a work in progress but looked about as good as that R33 GT-R above. This video must have been relatively early in development too, considering the race start music is ripped directly from GT4.



My question is not only why was it removed, but also why have we not seen it at all since?
 
Interesting to see the old version of R246 had people on the side of the road
gran-turismo-hd-20060508080318642.jpg

GT4 Tokyo looks nowhere near than this one.They have those large textures from very beginning but it's downscaled for PS2 I think.
 
Probably the strangest example of a "premium" level car being dropped from GTHD or GT5P is the '99 Subaru Impreza Rally Car. Apparently PD intended for it to be included in GTHD but removed it before release. It was a work in progress but looked about as good as that R33 GT-R above. This video must have been relatively early in development too, considering the race start music is ripped directly from GT4.



My question is not only why was it removed, but also why have we not seen it at all since?


Great Old Video

Would really love to have driven that Version of Eiger.
 
Probably the strangest example of a "premium" level car being dropped from GTHD or GT5P is the '99 Subaru Impreza Rally Car. Apparently PD intended for it to be included in GTHD but removed it before release. It was a work in progress but looked about as good as that R33 GT-R above. This video must have been relatively early in development too, considering the race start music is ripped directly from GT4.



My question is not only why was it removed, but also why have we not seen it at all since?


Great Video 👍 Listening to the sound you can definitely hear the big improvement they made. I'm not saying the cars in GT5P sound the best but they sound way better then GT4.
 
Last edited:
Probably the strangest example of a "premium" level car being dropped from GTHD or GT5P is the '99 Subaru Impreza Rally Car. Apparently PD intended for it to be included in GTHD but removed it before release. It was a work in progress but looked about as good as that R33 GT-R above. This video must have been relatively early in development too, considering the race start music is ripped directly from GT4.



My question is not only why was it removed, but also why have we not seen it at all since?


I'd love to drive that version of Eiger. Looks a lot better than the current version (yeah, I'm sick of it but I still never really liked it at all). More corners, longer, twistier, more interesting overall.
 
Ok so in GTHD we were gonnna get classic and premiums, and now we are going to get standard and premiums?
 
Great Old Video

Would really love to have driven that Version of Eiger.

You can find GTHD in this forum.;)
 
You can find GTHD in this forum.;)

That Eiger Layout is definately not the version that made it into GTHD ;)

Just Booted it up and took the Celica for a spin to confirm :D
 
I don't know what GTHD you're been playing, but the one I played didn't have any sort of Bentley in it. The List on here and everywhere else Pre-GTHD when GTHD was going to become GT5. I have no idea why it hasn't been updated.

But the actual list is:

1. Suzuki Cappichino
2. Lotus Elise
3. Nissan Skyline R32
4. Ferrari 599 GTB
5. Mitsubishi Evo IX
6. Infiniti G35
7. Toyota Celica Rally Car
8. Mitsubishi Evo IV
9. Acura Integra
10. Mazda Miata Roadster

And then the tuned versions of all of those. (Note: THANKS to youtube for the car list)

I apologise if I got the wrong list, but when I wrote my post, I was seeing this car list for GTHD: https://www.gtplanet.net/guides/index.php/Gran_Turismo_HD_:_Car_List
 
I dont see why this is so complicated...

GT-HD Presentation - Anything shown in that very old slideshow (such as the model selection screen, bikes etc) and also the GTHD trailer was just mock up stuff, those were a mix of GT4 in HD and premium models.

GT-HD, The PSN Demo - All these cars are premium models but look slightly worse than GT5 because that was back then and the models have improved substantially since.

GT5P - All these cars are premium.

GT5 - Anything we have seen so far in trailers and screenshots up until the E3 2010 conference (where they unveiled this premium standard thing) are all premium.

And just because a car was in GT4 or in GTPSP doesnt mean it will automatically be standard in GT5, PD have already upgraded some memorable cars to premium.

Robin.
 
I'm not at all convinced the difference between premium and standard will be night and day. As lovely as those R33 shots look, they arent a scratch on the detail level of lets say a NASCAR. I wouldn't be surprised to find most cars have premium level modelling but standard level detail recreation. I mean premium is touted as being 'down to the last interior stitch'. In my opinion, the only cars that will receive that kind of treatment are company flagships, or legends. Exotic cars people want to look at, inside and out.

Maybe that makes no sense. I just think there will be a graduation between the 'worst' and the best. Some looking very close to premium without actually receiving the full damage model and high beam etc.
 
does any one have a picture of the ferrari 599, tuned? off of gthd? ive never seen this car, but am interested to see what it looks like.
 
That Eiger Layout is definately not the version that made it into GTHD ;)

Just Booted it up and took the Celica for a spin to confirm :D

can you still download it? i gt my ps3 after they had removed it, i fancy a go on it?:)
 
I'm not at all convinced the difference between premium and standard will be night and day. As lovely as those R33 shots look, they arent a scratch on the detail level of lets say a NASCAR. I wouldn't be surprised to find most cars have premium level modelling but standard level detail recreation. I mean premium is touted as being 'down to the last interior stitch'. In my opinion, the only cars that will receive that kind of treatment are company flagships, or legends. Exotic cars people want to look at, inside and out.

Maybe that makes no sense. I just think there will be a graduation between the 'worst' and the best. Some looking very close to premium without actually receiving the full damage model and high beam etc.

Well how do you expect a real R33 to look? I can see small details like the antenna stumps, even the suspension arms at the bottom of the car, and they appear to be animated as well!
 
Back