An open letter for Kaz and the Team at PD

  • Thread starter Thread starter stucar17
  • 110 comments
  • 8,217 views

do you agree with me ?

  • Yes

    Votes: 120 71.9%
  • No

    Votes: 21 12.6%
  • In part

    Votes: 26 15.6%

  • Total voters
    167
  • Poll closed .
Messages
401
Australia
Wollongong
Messages
sb170773
Some of you will flame me for taking the time to write this, but to be honest i am past worrying about it. I am posting this out of frustration more than anything, in the hope that someone gets the message that while we love the game, the constant frustrations of broken features is almost too much to bear. Will it have any bearing on what Kaz and his team do ? Probably not, maybe if we get enough people agreeing with me then perhaps someone here in the PD loop might be able to pass the message on.....we can live in hope !


Kaz and PD Team,

First off let me say that this community loves the GT franchise. We love the concept of what you are trying to achieve, and we love the fact that have the vision to try to take the GT series forward into the future. Quite simply, we wouldn't be here if we didn't love what you are trying to do.

We love the new tracks, cars and features that you try to implement to make the series better. We love the fact that you try to update the game regularly, giving us new challenges and letting the game grow.

The fact you try to improve on games gone past, we see that every new release is trying to be better than the one before, but unfortunately, the frustrations of getting the game to work the way you envisaged just isn't there at the moment.

The bulk of us are old hands at the GT franchise. Therefore we are heavily into league racing, and the competitive aspect that comes with it. We buy wheels, accessories, racing rigs and monitors, some spend big dollars to get a more "real" race experience. At the moment the league racing is painful to say the least, and its a lot of money to spend when the game functions aren't working as they should.

There is a big difference between wish lists (like better sounds, livery editors and car/track additions) and game functionality that effects or breaks game play. I run a racing league in Australia (80 odd drivers). Have been for a few years with a dedicated group of people, who put in hours of work to get things running smoothly. GT5 had a few issues, but largely things went to plan, and we understood the issues and tried our best to work around them .

GT6 is another story though.

After weeks of testing, practice runs and adjustments, Our first GT6 season is due to start this weekend (after 13 seasons of GT5), most of us are holding our breath with what will happen during our races. Will we be lag punted, will the pit tyre glitch get us, will i be able to select the right tires when i pit, will the game freeze, will my replay work when i check fastest laps or a race incident, Will drivers get the appropriate penalty for a collision or running off the race line, why cant i change the bias on my dedicated wheel like i used to be able to in the past, will the network support 12 or 13 cars on the track even though you have dedicated 16 car grids? These issues affect not only our drivers, but also our sponsors who are well known gaming companies (Turtle Beach, Pagnian) . They don't want to see our numbers fall out of frustration.

This is a long list of issues, none of which are part of a wish list, but relate to the basic functionality of the core of the game itself. We hold our breath every time you do an update because we fear it will break something else !

We love what GT is trying to become, but you need to make it work before something comes along and gives us all what we are after................A true racing game that isnt broken.
 
Last edited:
gt is the best nothing else is worth playing so qquit crying and be patient there were problems with gt5 at launch too people are getting pissed this time around because there is way more people playing and therefore way more impatient people who get mad rather than understand the aituation.
 
Now go write it in Japanese.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!
They'll fire translator-san.

cbb
gt is the best nothing else is worth playing so qquit crying and be patient there were problems with gt5 at launch too people are getting pissed this time around because there is way more people playing and therefore way more impatient people who get mad rather than understand the aituation.
Many things you said are incorrect.
 
cbb
gt is the best nothing else is worth playing so qquit crying and be patient there were problems with gt5 at launch too people are getting pissed this time around because there is way more people playing and therefore way more impatient people who get mad rather than understand the aituation.

Is that even in English ?

I am calm, when you have 80 odd drivers however, and sponsors of a race league, it does get a little worrying when it all turns to poop because the game functionality is broken.
 
Is that even in English ?

I am calm, when you have 80 odd drivers however, and sponsors of a race league, it does get a little worrying when it all turns to poop because the game functionality is broken.
I just wonder why GTPlanet only has either a Like or Reply Option to other member's posts. I sincerely wish that Jordan would implement a DISLIKE option in the near future to help eliminate the many useless threads that pop up from time to time.

Edit: I am contemplating starting a petition here on GTPlanet to add a DISLIKE option as a response to annoying posts and threads, with a recommendation that 10 DISLIKES causes said post or thread to be CLOSED.
 
Last edited:
I just wonder why GTPlanet only has either a Like or Reply Option to other member's posts. I sincerely wish that Jordan would implement a DISLIKE option in the near future to help eliminate the many useless threads that pop up from time to time.

Edit: I am contemplating starting a petition here on GTPlanet to add a DISLIKE option as a response to annoying posts and threads, with a recommendation that 10 DISLIKES causes said post or thread to be CLOSED.
Thats a horrible idea. This is a forum. People are here to voice their opinions.

Are you seriously suggesting that people's opinions should be shut out just for being unpopular? You're seriously saying that we should be able to take away somebody's right to an opinion just because you have a different one?

That's a very scary thought. If my freedom of speech on here could be taken away like that, I'd leave immediately.

If you have a problem with people who post things such as this, you don't have to read the thread. Just skip over it.

If it's really that big of an issue, just use the ignore button.

A dislike button would force everybody's opinion to be the same just so they wouldn't get closed out from dislikes. And if everybody is saying the same things to avoid dislikes, what discussion can there be?

That would be a forum that I would not like to be a part of.
 
Last edited:
Thats a horrible idea. This is a forum. People are here to voice their opinions.

Are you seriously suggesting that people's opinions should be shut out just for being unpopular? You're seriously saying that we should be able to take away somebody's right to an opinion just because you have a different one?

That's a very scary thought. If my freedom of speech on here could be taken away like that, I'd leave immediately.

If you have a problem with people who post things such as this, you don't have to read the thread. Just skip over it.

If it's really that big of an issue, just use the ignore button.

A dislike button would force everybody's opinion to be the same just so they wouldn't get closed out from dislikes. And if everybody is saying the same things to avoid dislikes, what discussion can there be?

That would be a forum that I would not like to be a part of.
Take a walk down to the Gun forum.... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/guns.33891/page-89
 
I am involved in a racing league myself which is the SNAIL racing online league here in GT6 and the problem some of us have is that the pit box to change tire compounds won't come up and hoping that a future update will fix that.

i am sure a future update will fix it champ, but shouldnt it be working before they allow us to race online. Bugs like this ruin what the whole game is about, and thats my point !
 
I agree on some parts, but not all.

The game never froze once for me (yet)
And spending a lot of money on rigs is your own desision, that has nothing to do with any aspect of the game.

The pit/tyre issues however are a valid point.
 
I'm waiting for "better AI", that isn't rigged
I'm also waiting for grid starts...
And better sound...
Fixes for "customization errors" (tyres etc.)

Basically, I'm doing a lot of waiting lately...


B.T.W. Dislikes on a forums.... tssk tssk....

Just give "likes" to those who deserve it and let moderators remove disruptive "forumites" and silly posts.
They have dislikes on the "World of Tanks" forums. People troll to get into the "red" for fun.

Silly idea...
 
The way I read your letter, you're worrying about problems that might eventually appear when you start your online racing league. If that is correctly understood, then I very much doubt that PD will take you seriously. They will probably be thinking along these lines: "This guy is complaining about a lot of purely speculative issues, and he hasn't even been bothered to test if these percieved problems are there in reality."

I could understand if you wrote about experienced problems AFTER you had done an online race in your league. How hard can it be to test it before you write about it?
Run a test race in your league before the scoring counts ... just an idea. :-)
 
Keep using GT5 until GT6 is sorted

I just wonder why GTPlanet only has either a Like or Reply Option to other member's posts. I sincerely wish that Jordan would implement a DISLIKE option in the near future to help eliminate the many useless threads that pop up from time to time.

Edit: I am contemplating starting a petition here on GTPlanet to add a DISLIKE option as a response to annoying posts and threads, with a recommendation that 10 DISLIKES causes said post or thread to be CLOSED.

There is an unlike button. It appears after you like a post.
 
Luckily you misunderstood, these issues have plagued our test sessions multiple times and another league vs league race we had. So yes we wouldn't be complaining about this if we haven't experienced it. ...
The way I read your letter, you're worrying about problems that might eventually appear when you start your online racing league. If that is correctly understood, then I very much doubt that PD will take you seriously. They will probably be thinking along these lines: "This guy is complaining about a lot of purely speculative issues, and he hasn't even been bothered to test if these percieved problems are there in reality."

I could understand if you wrote about experienced problems AFTER you had done an online race in your league. How hard can it be to test it before you write about it?
Run a test race in your league before the scoring counts ... just an idea. :-)
 
The way I read your letter, you're worrying about problems that might eventually appear when you start your online racing league. If that is correctly understood, then I very much doubt that PD will take you seriously. They will probably be thinking along these lines: "This guy is complaining about a lot of purely speculative issues, and he hasn't even been bothered to test if these percieved problems are there in reality."

I could understand if you wrote about experienced problems AFTER you had done an online race in your league. How hard can it be to test it before you write about it?
Run a test race in your league before the scoring counts ... just an idea. :-)

Speculative? Untested? Please. You obviously don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

I refer you to my Pits bugs thread. READ IT.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/online-pitstops-are-completely-broken.294836/#post-9282020
 
Luckily you misunderstood, these issues have plagued our test sessions multiple times and another league vs league race we had. So yes we wouldn't be complaining about this if we haven't experienced it. ...
Fair enough. Then I would rephrase the following paragraph:
... most of us are holding our breath with what will happen during our races. Will we be lag punted, will the pit tyre glitch get us, will i be able to select the right tires when i pit, will the game freeze, will my replay work when i check fastest laps or a race incident, Will drivers get the appropriate penalty for a collision or running off the race line, why cant i change the bias on my dedicated wheel like i used to be able to in the past, will the network support 12 or 13 cars on the track even though you have dedicated 16 car grids?
Towards a wording that states that you have actually experienced these problems. :-)
 
Another crying thread....

Good idea ...

Or not.
its not a crying thread, you either agree or not.
Simple really.
The way I read your letter, you're worrying about problems that might eventually appear when you start your online racing league. If that is correctly understood, then I very much doubt that PD will take you seriously. They will probably be thinking along these lines: "This guy is complaining about a lot of purely speculative issues, and he hasn't even been bothered to test if these percieved problems are there in reality."

I could understand if you wrote about experienced problems AFTER you had done an online race in your league. How hard can it be to test it before you write about it?
Run a test race in your league before the scoring counts ... just an idea. :-)

What even ticks me off more than a broken game, is some wombat telling me i should "test a league race before i complain about it" and "speculative issues or perceived problems"

Are you serious. have you even played GT6?

Our league got through 13 seasons of GT5 over 3 years, and we have spent the last 3 months since release trying to come up with a league format that will have the least amount of issues from the broken parts of the game. We will soldier on, because we love it, trying to work around the issues as they appear.

So how about you "worry about" playing the game enough so you can actually see what we are talking about !
 
I just wonder why GTPlanet only has either a Like or Reply Option to other member's posts. I sincerely wish that Jordan would implement a DISLIKE option in the near future to help eliminate the many useless threads that pop up from time to time.

Edit: I am contemplating starting a petition here on GTPlanet to add a DISLIKE option as a response to annoying posts and threads, with a recommendation that 10 DISLIKES causes said post or thread to be CLOSED.


*Dislikes*
 
What even ticks me off more than a broken game, is some wombat telling me i should "test a league race before i complain about it" and "speculative issues or perceived problems"

Are you serious. have you even played GT6?
I misunderstood your post, but I am serious. I could not read from the wording of your letter that you've actually experienced these problems instead of just anticipating them.

I do race online in GT6 in DanskGTracing, where we drive Clio Trophy cars with SS tyres being the only purchase option allowed. Great fun. I haven't experienced the problems you're describing, but all participants are from Denmark and we race in a private room.

I ment no disrespect by my post, but I do think that you letter is not worded precisely enough.
 
I just wonder why GTPlanet only has either a Like or Reply Option to other member's posts. I sincerely wish that Jordan would implement a DISLIKE option in the near future to help eliminate the many useless threads that pop up from time to time.

Edit: I am contemplating starting a petition here on GTPlanet to add a DISLIKE option as a response to annoying posts and threads, with a recommendation that 10 DISLIKES causes said post or thread to be CLOSED.

Stop whining. I would put a dislike on this post
 
Well said Stu.

I hope you guys can get some uneventful races under your belt. The only thing more frustrating than promised features that haven't appeared yet is the current features not working properly to the point of affecting the gameplay experience.
 
its not a crying thread, you either agree or not.
Simple really.

Your letter is useless.

Many here, know nothing (or almost) on the development of a video game.
It's very complex. PoDi are aware of some problems (big or small) and promised features are coming soon.... You just need patience.

You think PS3 is capable of many things? You are very wrong. You think PS4 will see a Gran Turismo with 0 defects? You are very wrong.

PoDi do what they can. What they did with the PS3, it's just amazing. And the fact that it follows their game long after release is remarkable. Other developers should take the seed, including Naughty Dog.
 
Your letter is useless.

Many here, know nothing (or almost) on the development of a video game.
It's very complex. PoDi are aware of some problems (big or small) and promised features are coming soon.... You just need patience.
True, not many people here know the ins and outs of game programming, but expecting a game to work as advertised (16 player online, replays to actually show what happened on track and not some alternate reality) does not require many qualifications.
You think PS3 is capable of many things? You are very wrong. You think PS4 will see a Gran Turismo with 0 defects? You are very wrong.

PoDi do what they can. What they did with the PS3, it's just amazing. And the fact that it follows their game long after release is remarkable. Other developers should take the seed, including Naughty Dog.
He is not asking the PS3 to open a beer for him, he is asking for the game to work - similar to how GT5 did on the PS3.
 
Your letter is useless.

Many here, know nothing (or almost) on the development of a video game.
It's very complex. PoDi are aware of some problems (big or small) and promised features are coming soon.... You just need patience.

You think PS3 is capable of many things? You are very wrong. You think PS4 will see a Gran Turismo with 0 defects? You are very wrong.

PoDi do what they can. What they did with the PS3, it's just amazing. And the fact that it follows their game long after release is remarkable. Other developers should take the seed, including Naughty Dog.

I agree with you, that the stuff they do is amazing. We love it, thats why we are here.

But, the frustration of having things work on GT5, and falling apart on GT6 doesnt make any sense, especially when they are essentially the same game with a few tweaks that should be for the better.

i do feel better though ! :)
 
I misunderstood your post, but I am serious. I could not read from the wording of your letter that you've actually experienced these problems instead of just anticipating them.

I do race online in GT6 in DanskGTracing, where we drive Clio Trophy cars with SS tyres being the only purchase option allowed. Great fun. I haven't experienced the problems you're describing, but all participants are from Denmark and we race in a private room.

I ment no disrespect by my post, but I do think that you letter is not worded precisely enough.

Edited as requested.

No disrespect taken ! :cheers:
 
Back