An open letter for Kaz and the Team at PD

  • Thread starter Thread starter stucar17
  • 110 comments
  • 8,217 views

do you agree with me ?

  • Yes

    Votes: 120 71.9%
  • No

    Votes: 21 12.6%
  • In part

    Votes: 26 15.6%

  • Total voters
    167
  • Poll closed .
So a person who actually disagrees with the notion that the entire game is broken is a fanboy? Even though the person agrees the game has its problems but knows how to get on with it?

Good to know.

Look, I think everyone just needs to chill out, and try to refrain from painting the other in some generalization or mockery.
Some of us have been "chilling out" since 2008, if we chill much longer we'll freeze.

Polyphony Digital, over promising and under delivering since 2007.
 
I think he meant for this forum before it turns into a monster.... It's a nice statement, but not a letter I believe any major dev at PD will receive...
 
I have noticed a few issues as we'll within my league, but mostly have been the tuning issues such as zero effect for downforce, camber or toe. The only way to actual make use of those are to tinker with an LSD and that's just about it...

As far as gameplay... The pit glitch is bout it...

We run our leagues as "no tune" series. Mainly for the fact a lot of us dont have the time to spend hours looking for an extra half second, and we also know that the cars are all the same. Winners win on skill (for the most part) and not a tune. We do run other series with tuning, and we get a good roll up for those, but have held back for the time being due to the issues you mentioned.

In our experience in testing, we have found the pit glitch, where the same tires after a stop are way slower, and wear faster than the first set. To counter that we are running Qual and first stint on race hard, second stint on RM to try to keep the consistancy. In pitting though, we have had guys not able to change compounds, and then the "pulldowns" glitch, where instead of giving options for tires, all it says is "pulldowns" !! The other night we had 4 cars pit at the same time, lap 3 of a 6 lap practice race, and all 4 were booted from the lobby, then had a hell of a time getting back in.

We have also had the game freeze glitch, on the grid, ready to go, black screen, game frozen, system reset, cant find the room to get back in.

@JHB434 i dont think we need to talk about things we wish for in the game....i understand you points, but to be honest, sounds and premium cars should be last on a list of things to do when there are things that effect the functionality of what we are trying to do.

Someone mentioned earlier, you dont buy a car and expect it not to work. If a wheel keeps falling off you take it back and expect it to be fixed as it wont function ! der !! if the sound system stops working, it might tick you off, but you can still drive around.

GT6 is broken, particularly for those of us who finish A-Spec, and then spend far much more time racing real drivers as the game is meant to be, thats why its there.
 
We run our leagues as "no tune" series. Mainly for the fact a lot of us dont have the time to spend hours looking for an extra half second, and we also know that the cars are all the same. Winners win on skill (for the most part) and not a tune. We do run other series with tuning, and we get a good roll up for those, but have held back for the time being due to the issues you mentioned.

In our experience in testing, we have found the pit glitch, where the same tires after a stop are way slower, and wear faster than the first set. To counter that we are running Qual and first stint on race hard, second stint on RM to try to keep the consistancy. In pitting though, we have had guys not able to change compounds, and then the "pulldowns" glitch, where instead of giving options for tires, all it says is "pulldowns" !! The other night we had 4 cars pit at the same time, lap 3 of a 6 lap practice race, and all 4 were booted from the lobby, then had a hell of a time getting back in.

We have also had the game freeze glitch, on the grid, ready to go, black screen, game frozen, system reset, cant find the room to get back in.

@JHB434 i dont think we need to talk about things we wish for in the game....i understand you points, but to be honest, sounds and premium cars should be last on a list of things to do when there are things that effect the functionality of what we are trying to do.

Someone mentioned earlier, you dont buy a car and expect it not to work. If a wheel keeps falling off you take it back and expect it to be fixed as it wont function ! der !! if the sound system stops working, it might tick you off, but you can still drive around.

GT6 is broken, particularly for those of us who finish A-Spec, and then spend far much more time racing real drivers as the game is meant to be, thats why its there.
The whole pit operation needs overhauled... I should be allowed to maintain speed while passing a car beside me, or else use the actual lanes they model.. Also, it would be nice if your fastest lap time puts you either in the beginning or the end of the pit..
 
So a person who actually disagrees with the notion that the entire game is broken is a fanboy? Even though the person agrees the game has its problems but knows how to get on with it?

Good to know.

Look, I think everyone just needs to chill out, and try to refrain from painting the other in some generalization or mockery.

I was referring to those who staunchly defend PD and this game which has its fair share of issues. If that's you then your a fanboy.
 
I was referring to those who staunchly defend PD and this game which has its fair share of issues. If that's you then your a fanboy.
Those are two different things... PD and a GT game that is.. One can be good but not like it, and one can be bad like GT6 but still have its ups. I like GT only for the fact it has the R18, but I think there are issues needed to be taken care of. With people like you, everyone will assume that a bug is nonessential and shouldn't need to be fixed otherwise they'll be called a fanboy and be resented from..
 
We run our leagues as "no tune" series. Mainly for the fact a lot of us dont have the time to spend hours looking for an extra half second, and we also know that the cars are all the same. Winners win on skill (for the most part) and not a tune. We do run other series with tuning, and we get a good roll up for those, but have held back for the time being due to the issues you mentioned.

In our experience in testing, we have found the pit glitch, where the same tires after a stop are way slower, and wear faster than the first set. To counter that we are running Qual and first stint on race hard, second stint on RM to try to keep the consistancy. In pitting though, we have had guys not able to change compounds, and then the "pulldowns" glitch, where instead of giving options for tires, all it says is "pulldowns" !! The other night we had 4 cars pit at the same time, lap 3 of a 6 lap practice race, and all 4 were booted from the lobby, then had a hell of a time getting back in.

We have also had the game freeze glitch, on the grid, ready to go, black screen, game frozen, system reset, cant find the room to get back in.

@JHB434 i dont think we need to talk about things we wish for in the game....i understand you points, but to be honest, sounds and premium cars should be last on a list of things to do when there are things that effect the functionality of what we are trying to do.

Someone mentioned earlier, you dont buy a car and expect it not to work. If a wheel keeps falling off you take it back and expect it to be fixed as it wont function ! der !! if the sound system stops working, it might tick you off, but you can still drive around.

GT6 is broken, particularly for those of us who finish A-Spec, and then spend far much more time racing real drivers as the game is meant to be, thats why its there.


Ah yes, I see your point, but for me it's reversed as I've never raced GT5 or 6 online. :)
 
Really ? never raced online.
When it all comes together in a good room, it is fantastic fun. Thats when we go :bowdown: to GT !!
I agree. It's much more like real racing online. We've only had two race nights so far, and we must have been lucky not to run into these issues. :odd:

I have noticed that the 2nd set of tyres are slower, but we don't use racing tyres ... maybe the effect is less dramatic on sport tyres?
 
I understand the frustration of the OP, the game certainty has some things that are broken. However I'm not sure we can blame it all on Kaz and team. The way the retail product world works, if you don't you have something to sell at Christmas you might as well wait till the following Christmas, and waiting is really bad for the finances. Ive seen several retail products get cancelled all together simply because they weren't going to make a Christmas release. Im sure Kaz was pushed/forced to let it go way before he wanted. You can thank Sony.

That said, as some have mentioned, for league stuff it might be best to simply use gt5 until things get fixed. Not ideal, but it works. Also, if you remember, gt5 didnt event have an online componet when it was released, and that was after we had all been racing online for at least 2 years in Prologue.

The frustrating thing for me is that there is no offical bug report method back to PD other than forums like this and we have gotten a few updates that have added content while there are still major broken things that are not fixed. Knowing Kaz and his pursuit of perfection though, I have to wonder if that too is the higher ups at Sony forcing/strongly guiding his hand.
 
Really ? never raced online.

When it all comes together in a good room, it is fantastic fun. Thats when we go :bowdown: to GT !!
Well, I did iRacing and also some GTL/etc online and gave up on online as even in leagues GT6's AI is friendlier in comparison. The main GTL league I was in claimed to be "Gentlemen racers" but like many forums, the rules didn't ap[ply to those who were part of the forum's "inner circle"/clique. I'm not that fast to be honest and getting punted off the track by the faster guys gets old fast. One day though, I might give GT6 online a try. :lol:
 
Those are two different things... PD and a GT game that is.. One can be good but not like it, and one can be bad like GT6 but still have its ups. I like GT only for the fact it has the R18, but I think there are issues needed to be taken care of. With people like you, everyone will assume that a bug is nonessential and shouldn't need to be fixed otherwise they'll be called a fanboy and be resented from..

I think you missed the point.
 
I think you missed the point.
From my perspective I didn't. I viewed your post as if you defend PD = fanboy. If you defend GT6 = fanboy. I like GT6 only because of the R18. However, I'm not a fanboy, but he claims otherwise. I don't like the way PD treats the games outlook as a futuristic idea, rather than solid principles that many games have been using and succeeding with for years.. Meaning, I'm not a fanboy.

GT 6 is good in the sense it offers the ability for me to drive my favorite cars I could never be able to. However, what is the difference between any GT if we go off of that principle?
PD is good that they try to make that a possibility, however their crap customer service and lack of communication with the consumer is horrible, if not the worst of them all. A small app developer can communicate better than PD, and he is only getting a small percentage from the App Store (say if it were through Apple)...

You immediately assumed if I like PD and GT 6, I = fanboy. Defending whether the game is new or not and has issues, with people saying it's only been out three months is not the issue.
 
From my perspective I didn't. I viewed your post as if you defend PD = fanboy. If you defend GT6 = fanboy. I like GT6 only because of the R18. However, I'm not a fanboy, but he claims otherwise. I don't like the way PD treats the games outlook as a futuristic idea, rather than solid principles that many games have been using and succeeding with for years.. Meaning, I'm not a fanboy.

GT 6 is good in the sense it offers the ability for me to drive my favorite cars I could never be able to. However, what is the difference between any GT if we go off of that principle?
PD is good that they try to make that a possibility, however their crap customer service and lack of communication with the consumer is horrible, if not the worst of them all. A small app developer can communicate better than PD, and he is only getting a small percentage from the App Store (say if it were through Apple)...

You immediately assumed if I like PD and GT 6, I = fanboy. Defending whether the game is new or not and has issues, with people saying it's only been out three months is not the issue.

Usually staunch advocates are those who defend their cause with little rational and are usually ignorant of the causes's failings. I wrote the exact word "staunch", in my sentence because those who play the game but can rationally discuss the shortcomings are not staunch defenders of PD and GT6. You do not seem to be of that nature so you can rest easy, I don't see you as a fanboy.
 
Usually staunch advocates are those who defend their cause with little rational and are usually ignorant of the causes's failings. I wrote the exact word "staunch", in my sentence because those who play the game but can rationally discuss the shortcomings are not staunch defenders of PD and GT6. You do not seem to be of that nature so you can rest easy, I don't see you as a fanboy.
Hmmm... Your interpretation of that word is different from mine..
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/staunch
Anyways, I see your point now, (I think you mean irrational though) as it was labeled true fans who do support it with viable experience and proof... Just that you have it the other way...

No worries. I'll leave the posts up however for those who see it my way, but I acknowledge where you are coming from..
 
We love what GT is trying to become, but you need to make it work before something comes along and gives us all what we are after................A true racing game that isnt broken.


Project Cars is looking to be a potential GT killer...
 
VBR
Project Cars is looking to be a potential GT killer...
To be honest i havent looked at PCars too much, but i know there are a lot of drivers in my league that are 🤬 at how broken the online aspect is. Some have dropped out already and said they will be back when they can get a hassle free race experience. A few others will probably only last this season and their frustrations will get the better of them and they will move on to other things.

TBH, technology and development is moving so fast these days it really wont be long before GT isnt seen as the only plug and play option (as i call it.....I like the hassle free way of the PS3 as opposed to the iRacing option for example) . With PS4 just around the corner, PCARS and others will definately be a very attractive alternative if they can give guys like us a glitch free race / league experience.
 
I can honestly say I will not be buying Pcars as I decided I wouldn't support a company run by Ian Bell after he threw a Darin Gangi style online meltdown and hissyfit and threatened legal action a while back against any forums/etc that let their members say ANYTHING negative while discussing PCars. PCars can be the greatest thing out there when it comes out but the guy who runs it acting like a spoiled 10 year old is not a way to get my support/money. There may be a lot of opinions about Kaz, good and bad, but he at least acts like a responsible adult and from what I've seen has yet to literally threaten anyone in the community for having an opinion. Credibility has a lot to do with what I buy and who I buy it from. Now, Kaz, fix those sounds!!:lol:
 
Last edited:
Mark my words. Pcars is going to suck hard. It's a freaking mess. I wouldn't get me hopes up. That is all I will say about it. From what little I have seen, the guy that runs it is a **** - fill in the blank.
 
BWX
Mark my words. Pcars is going to suck hard. It's a freaking mess. I wouldn't get me hopes up. That is all I will say about it. From what little I have seen, the guy that runs it is a **** - fill in the blank.
Most of the guys in the PCars thread would disagree with you, so if you know something they don't know you should spit it out.:cheers:
 
The car list in that game is horrendous.
 
The car list in that game is horrendous.
Yeah it's horrible!!! I'd never want to drive any of the cars on this horrendous list!!
  • 2011 Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged
  • 2011 Ariel Atom 500 V8 2011
  • 2011 Ariel Atom Mugen
  • 2012 BAC Mono
  • 1981 BMW M1 Procar
  • 1991 BMW M3 E30 Group A
  • 2012 BMW Z4 GT3
  • 1990 Caper Monterey Stock Car (fictional 1990 Stock Car)
  • 2012 Caterham SP 300/R
  • 2011 Caterham Superlight R500
  • 2009 Ford Focus RS
  • 2011 Formula A (fictional 2011 Formula 1)
  • 2011 Formula B (fictional GP2-type Formula Car)
  • 2011 Gumpert Apollo S
  • 1969 Lotus 49 Cosworth V8
  • 1977 Lotus 78 Cosworth
  • 1985 Lotus 98T Renault Turbo
  • 2011 Mercedes SLS AMG
  • 2012 Mitsubishi Evo X FQ-400
  • 2011 Palmer Jaguar JP LM
Beta 1
20 AI liveries finished, gearstick animations finished, windscreen reflection, cockpit display


  • 2012 Caterham Classic
  • 1981 Ford Capri Zakspeed Group 5
  • 1967 Ford MK. IV
  • 2012 Formula Gulf FG1000
  • 2011 Formula Rookie (fictional 2011 Formula Ford type car)
  • 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II DTM
  • 2012 Pagani Huayra
  • 2012 Pagani Zonda R
  • 2011 Racer L4-RS (Radical SR-3)
  • 2011 Racer V8-RS (Radical SR-8)
Alpha 2

LODA/LODB/LODC setup complete, 1st person cockpit meshes finished, 3rd person cockpit textures finished, ambient shadow added, full LOD export



    • 2013 Formula C (fictional Formula 3/Atlantic type car)
Alpha 1

Tyres and wheels finished, chassis textures/materials finished, 1st person cockpit textures/materials finished, paint material UVs finished, physics 1st draft, sound 1st draft, LODX as LODA meshes, finished materials/textures

  • 1981 BMW M1 Procar
  • 2012 BMW M3 E92 GT2
  • 2012 BMW M3 E92 GT4
  • 2013 Ginetta G55 GT3
  • 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
  • 1971 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.8 AMG Rote Sau
  • 2014 Renault Megane RS
  • 2013 Ruf RGT-8
  • 2013 RWD Motorsports P30 LMP1 (fictional community designed LMP1)
  • 2011 Shifter Kart 125cc
  • 2011 Shifter Kart 250cc Super Kart
Pre-Alpha
LODX meshes finished, collision export, placeholder physics, placeholder sound, LODX as LODA meshes, placeholder materials/textures



  • 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302R1
  • 1988 Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth Group A
  • 1972 Lotus 72D Cosworth
  • 1994 McLaren F1
  • 2013 McLaren 12C
  • 2013 McLaren 12C GT3
  • 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
  • 1989 Sauber C9 Mercedes Group C
Work in Progress

  • 2013 Alpine A450 LMP2
  • 2012 BMW 1M Coupe (Not Yet Started)
  • 1978 BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 (Not Yet Started)
  • 1940 BMW 328 Touring Coupe (Not Yet Started)
  • 2012 BMW BTCC 3-series Touring Car
  • 1999 BMW V12 LMR (Not Yet Started)
  • 1972 Ford Escort RS1600
  • 2013 Ford Falcon FG Australian V8 Supercar CotF (Not Yet Started)
  • 2012 Ford Focus ST BTCC (Not Yet Started)
  • 2012 Ford Fusion NASCAR Stock Car (Not Yet Started)
  • 1966 Ford Mustang 2+2 Fastback (Not Yet Started)
  • 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA Trans-Am (Not Yet Started)
  • 2013 Ginetta G40 Junior
  • 2013 Ginetta G50 (Not Yet Started)
  • 1962 Lotus 25 Formula 1 (Not Yet Started)
  • 1965 Lotus 38 Indy 500 (Not Yet Started)
  • 1965 Lotus 40 (Not Yet Started)
  • 1970 Lotus 49C Formula 1 (Not Yet Started)
  • 1967 Lotus 51 Formula Ford (Not Yet Started)
  • 1968 Lotus 56 Indy Car (Not Yet Started)
  • 2013 Marek PM06A (fictional community designed LMP1)
  • 1997 McLaren F1 GTR Longtail (Not Yet Started)
  • 2013 McLaren P1
  • 2012 Mercedes-AMG C-Klasse Coupé DTM
  • 1952 Mercedes-Benz 300SL W194 (Not Yet Started)
  • 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM (Not Yet Started)
  • 2013 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG (Not Yet Started)
  • Mitsubishi Evo IX FQ 360 (Not Yet Started)
  • Mitsubishi Evo VI Tommi Mäkinen Edition (Not Yet Started)
  • 2013 Oreca 03 LMP2
  • 2013 Renault Clio IV RS Cup (Not Yet Started)
  • 2012 Renault Megane Trophy II (Not Yet Started)
  • 1999 Renault Laguna BTCC (Not Yet Started)
  • 1978 Renault Alpine A442B (Not Yet Started)
  • 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird (Not Yet Started)
  • 2012 RUF CTR3 Clubsport
  • 2012 RUF Rt 12R (Not Yet Started)
Not Yet Confirmed


  • Aston Martin DBR9
  • Tyrell P34
  • 1982 Nissan KRD30 Super Silhouette
  • 1989 Nissan GTP ZX-T or 1990 NPT-90
  • 1990 Nissan R90CK
  • 1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Group A
  • 1994 Nissan 300ZX IMSA GTS
  • 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC
  • 2003 Nissan Skyline GT-R R43 Gt500
  • 2014 Nissan ZEOD
  • 2013 Nissan Altima V8 Supercar
  • 2013 Nissan 370Z GT4
  • 2013 Nissan GTR GT3
  • Lola T96/00 and/or Reynard 96i lookalikes
  • USAC Focus Midget lookalike

A good car list of 100 top quality cars is plenty for the launch of any game with a track list like this:

List of tracks

European Circuits

- Anhalt - Oschersleben
- Azure Circuit - Monaco
- Badenring - Hockenheim
- Belgian Forest Circuit - Spa Francorchamps
- Besos - Circuit de Catalunya
- Brands Hatch (laser scanned)
- Derby - Donington Park
- Eifelwald - Nordschleife (Team Member+ during development)
- Eifelwald GP - Nurburgring GP (Senior+ during development)
- Florence - Mugello
- Heusden - Circuit Zolder
- Imola
- Loire 24 - Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe
- Loire National - Le Mans Bugatti Circuit
- Milan - Monza
- Moravia - Brno
- Silverstone

American Circuits

- California Raceway - Willow Springs
- Connecticut Hill GP - Watkins Glen
- Lakeville Raceway - Sonoma Raceway
- Monterey - Laguna Seca
- Wisconsin Raceway - Road America

Asian Circuits

- Dubai Autodrome
- Jin Ding - Zhuhai
- Sakitto - Suzuka

Oceania Circuits

- Bathurst - Mount Panorama

Kart Tracks

- Belgian Forest Karting Circuit (Spa-Francorchamps Kart Circuit)
- Chesterfield (fictional)
- Glencairn (fictional)
- Summerton (fictional)
- Dubai Kartdrome

Country Roads

- California Highway (Team Member+ during development)
- Azure Coast (Team Member+ during development)

Planned/Confirmed Tracks

- Oulton Park (laser scanned)
- Snetterton (laser scanned)
- Cadwell Park (laser scanned)
- Ruapuna Park
- Macau

Historic Tracks

- Bannochbrae (fictional historic GP track located in the scottish highlands)
- Historic Badenring - Hockenheim (Pre 2002)
- Rouen Les Essarts
- Historic Milan - Monza (1967. GPL2.)
- Historic Milan Oval
- Silverstone 1975
- Solitude Rennstrecke
- Spa Historic

Oval Tracks

- Concord - Charlotte Motor Speedway **
- Delaware - Dover
- Harrison Pike Raceway - Indianapolis Speedway *
- Henrico - Richmond
- Memphis - Bristol
- Volusia - Daytona ***

Fictional Tracks

- Test Track
 
Pfft. Since we're talking about pCARS, I won't be holding my breath for that game, at, all. The creator of it is a joke. He's all talk saying "we're making the ultimate racing game", and once said game releases, its a massive joke... I held my hope for them twice, only to be let down. Look what happened to Ferrari Legends. I bet pCARS won't be no different, except graphics.

The hype around it is too strange to me...
 
Yeah it's horrible!!! I'd never want to drive any of the cars on this horrendous list!!

Pfft. Since we're talking about pCARS, I won't be holding my breath for that game, at, all. The creator of it is a joke. He's all talk saying "we're making the ultimate racing game", and once said game releases, its a massive joke... I held my hope for them twice, only to be let down. Look what happened to Ferrari Legends. I bet pCARS won't be no different, except graphics.

The hype around it is too strange to me...

I haven't seen a single post in the PCars forum about the creator being a joke. I'm going by the feedback I read concerning the progress of the game, the modelling, the physics etc. Kaz is idolized and look what you got for GT6:lol::lol:
 
I haven't seen a single post in the PCars forum about the creator being a joke. I'm going by the feedback I read concerning the progress of the game, the modelling, the physics etc. Kaz is idolized and look what you got for GT6:lol::lol:
What's wrong with GT6? I mean, it doesn't have dem icy physics, sticky AI and input lag (thank lord). Oh, and the reason why you don't hear anyone saying the creator is a joke, because fanboys. :sly: I still ain't trusting pCARS. Knowing them, the PC version will be good, whereas the console version will probably suck, just like Shift 1/2 and Ferrari Legends. :mischievous:
 
What's wrong with GT6? I mean, it doesn't have dem icy physics, sticky AI and input lag (thank lord). Oh, and the reason why you don't hear anyone saying the creator is a joke, because fanboys. :sly: I still ain't trusting pCARS. Knowing them, the PC version will be good, whereas the console version will probably suck, just like Shift 1/2 and Ferrari Legends. :mischievous:
Do you seriously want me to answer what's wrong with GT6? :lol:

PCars will probably be my reason for getting a PS4 but after the GT5/6 fiascos, I'm going to wait for reviews to come out and read the GTP forums extensively to see how good the product is and if I can live with it's inevitable deficiencies. If it turns out to be a piece of junk, I'll wait for GT7 and do the same thing, wait for the reviews. Physics and graphics shouldn't be an issue with GT7 assuming they don't take a step backwards somehow. I am expecting a completely new sound engine with real sounding cars (I can see the improvements in the X cars but am not a big fan of a generic raspy engine sound...I want the cars to sound like their real life counterparts), an overhauled online racing system and all the bells and whistles promised for GT6 delivered bug free.
 
Do you seriously want me to answer what's wrong with GT6? :lol:
Nono, you don't need to. I already know them anyway. ;)

PCars will probably be my reason for getting a PS4 but after the GT5/6 fiascos, I'm going to wait for reviews to come out and read the GTP forums extensively to see how good the product is and if I can live with it's inevitable deficiencies. If it turns out to be a piece of junk, I'll wait for GT7 and do the same thing, wait for the reviews. Physics and graphics shouldn't be an issue with GT7 assuming they don't take a step backwards somehow. I am expecting a completely new sound engine with real sounding cars (I can see the improvements in the X cars but am not a big fan of a generic raspy engine sound...I want the cars to sound like their real life counterparts), an overhauled online racing system and all the bells and whistles promised for GT6 delivered bug free.
Nice. :)👍

This is what I'm doing as well.
 
Yeah it's horrible!!! I'd never want to drive any of the cars on this horrendous list!!


A good car list of 100 top quality cars is plenty for the launch of any game with a track list like this:
Yeah I find almost nothing appealing about it.
 
Yeah I find almost nothing appealing about it.
I guess my sarcasm meter wasn't high enough:lol:

I understand the frustration of the OP, the game certainty has some things that are broken. However I'm not sure we can blame it all on Kaz and team. The way the retail product world works, if you don't you have something to sell at Christmas you might as well wait till the following Christmas, and waiting is really bad for the finances. Ive seen several retail products get cancelled all together simply because they weren't going to make a Christmas release. Im sure Kaz was pushed/forced to let it go way before he wanted. You can thank Sony.

Not buying the whole "blame Sony" routine. Kaz has dealt with Sony for a long time, he knows how they operate so he's had 15 years to gear up his organization for working with them. I'm sure they didn't come to him in November 2013 and say, "Hey Kaz, we know we haven't said anything yet but can you get that GT6 thing out in December, thanks buddy." 3 years between games that aren't much different from each other except for cars and tracks isn't an unrealistic timeline, especially given the budget they have to work with.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
3 years between games that aren't much different from each other except for cars and tracks isn't an unrealistic timeline, especially given the budget they have to work with.

That's what I think. And I'm a HUGE Sony fan, as well as PD...
You have NO IDEA what kind of fan I am with Sony. Everything in my house is theirs, from the TVs, sound systems, computers, headphones, you name it...
But that "excuse" has no value, at least for me. I mean, you have, literally, no limit in your budget, you have complete freedom to develope the game, you have probably the major distribution system in the whole world and you can't deliver the game in 5 years?
Imagine if I promise you a product to this june, and then I say, ok, I can't, give me please two more months... and that thing goes for around... 2 more years...
You can say anything about Sony, but you can't blame them if they "talked" with Kaz for GT6, thing that I highly doubt. I believe this was a matter of costumary, they have released 2 GTs per PS, and this time PS4 was already out...

Anyway, I was watching recently KAZ, and I can really engage with Kaz's thoughts, I really do. I was even remembering the thing about the 1 car 1 person.
I get it. I love japanese mentality, but please, hire more staff. Teach them how to do it.
The team at PD is probably one of the best out there in so many things, but they also need some help in certain areas...

Lately, sadly, I'm getting tired, the only thing I want is to get things right, nothing more, nothing less.
People can argue about what's wrong and what's right, but c'mon, there are things that can't be explained at this point.
I love GT, (besides the games, I have even t-shirts jaja) Kaz is fully capable of doing things much better, but I don't know why we're not getting that. I'm bored with GT6 lately, that didn't happen with GT5, I think I was expecting more.

I love the new tracks and improvements overall, but I don't know.
 
Last edited:
Back