An open letter for Kaz and the Team at PD

  • Thread starter Thread starter stucar17
  • 110 comments
  • 8,217 views

do you agree with me ?

  • Yes

    Votes: 120 71.9%
  • No

    Votes: 21 12.6%
  • In part

    Votes: 26 15.6%

  • Total voters
    167
  • Poll closed .
I just wonder why GTPlanet only has either a Like or Reply Option to other member's posts. I sincerely wish that Jordan would implement a DISLIKE option in the near future to help eliminate the many useless threads that pop up from time to time.

Edit: I am contemplating starting a petition here on GTPlanet to add a DISLIKE option as a response to annoying posts and threads, with a recommendation that 10 DISLIKES causes said post or thread to be CLOSED.

TokoTurismo Dislikes this

How you like that? That's a BAD idea, trolls will be abusing it like no tomorrow.
 
I agree with you, that the stuff they do is amazing. We love it, thats why we are here.

But, the frustration of having things work on GT5, and falling apart on GT6 doesnt make any sense, especially when they are essentially the same game with a few tweaks that should be for the better.

i do feel better though ! :)

Game engine has been taken over and redone for Gran Turismo 6. These aren't same codes.
So, it's not surprising to see some new problems. But for the vast majority of cases, it has been improved compared to 5.

:)
 
While I agree with most of the letter, I'd still have to say it was way too early to be hosting league races of that caliber, as of the moment. I would have waited until the aforementioned Community features (which was said to include leagues) were included. Maybe that would have even saved a lot of set up time.

I'm as pissed as the next guy that's it's taken so long for PD to implement the features they promised, especially when they haven't been doing a great job fixing existing bugs that are vital to racing - but we all knew, more or less, what we were getting into.
 
It's funny to me that anyone would think Kaz gives a flying Fiat what anyone, let alone his customers or anyone on GTP thinks. He obviously doesn't care.

We'll be lucky if we get any of the "promised features" or any of the game breaking bugs fixed. If they actually cared, things like the pitstop racing tire bug would be fixed like a month ago, and the screwed up clutch/H-shifter problem would have been fixed years ago.'

C%25C3%25B4te%2520d%2527Azur.jpg


*edit*
Voted "in part", because I think single player is core of GT, however I agree with everything else.
 
Last edited:
I just wonder why GTPlanet only has either a Like or Reply Option to other member's posts. I sincerely wish that Jordan would implement a DISLIKE option in the near future to help eliminate the many useless threads that pop up from time to time.

Edit: I am contemplating starting a petition here on GTPlanet to add a DISLIKE option as a response to annoying posts and threads, with a recommendation that 10 DISLIKES causes said post or thread to be CLOSED.

I agree with everything you said except that 10 dislikes = closed part. I think a thumbs up/thumbs down is a good idea, if only for entertainment value. 👍👍

Your letter is useless.

Many here, know nothing (or almost) on the development of a video game.
It's very complex. PoDi are aware of some problems (big or small) and promised features are coming soon.... You just need patience.

You think PS3 is capable of many things? You are very wrong. You think PS4 will see a Gran Turismo with 0 defects? You are very wrong.

PoDi do what they can. What they did with the PS3, it's just amazing. And the fact that it follows their game long after release is remarkable. Other developers should take the seed, including Naughty Dog.
No his letter is not useless, many people are frustrated with the game and some diehards have either given up, or didn't buy it to begin with. If you trust the data at VGChartz, sales have fallen dramatically from GT5 levels in the same time frame so it appears they are beginning to reflect this level of fan frustration. If you don't trust VGChartz go online and count the number or lobbies. There are far less people online than even in the dying days of GT5. At this point in GT5 there were many times more lobbies open every night.

We don't need patience. Consumers aren't required to be patient it isn't part of the deal. We buy a product and we expect it to work properly and when parts of the game are broken and there are major portions missing from the promised game like Community, Course Maker, New tracks every month (remember that one?) etc, the marketplace will reflect how patient people are through sales and participation online and at this point it's not looking good.
 
I sincerely wish that Jordan would implement a DISLIKE option ...

The button is hidden ... try [Like] ... then see what pops up : [Unlike] ... Enjoy! :sly:
 
About the only thing I dis-agree with you on is that the online portion of the game is the "core" of the game. Unlike many (most?) games these days that are primarily online with single player tacked on, if present at all, GT6 has from the beginning been primarily single player with online added on. Other than that, I agree that they should make sure things work before advertising/implementing them.
 
Your letter is useless.

Many here, know nothing (or almost) on the development of a video game.
It's very complex. PoDi are aware of some problems (big or small) and promised features are coming soon.... You just need patience.

You think PS3 is capable of many things? You are very wrong. You think PS4 will see a Gran Turismo with 0 defects? You are very wrong.

PoDi do what they can. What they did with the PS3, it's just amazing. And the fact that it follows their game long after release is remarkable. Other developers should take the seed, including Naughty Dog.

If I could dislike posts I'd dislike the guy who wants dislikes. Thought police are never a good thing. I'd also dislike this one. Talk about a useless post. I'm so tired of reading people on the internet make excuses for obvious failures of developers with classics like people "know nothing". Like because making a video game is hard it makes failures acceptable. Building a car is hard. Is the car maker not at fault when the wheels fall of your new car? Banking is hard. Is the bank not at fault if they lose all your money? Being a doctor is very hard. Does that mean it's ok when you go in for a simple procedure and they instead give you a lobotomy (which I think happens frequently given people these days..lol).

Of course making a video game is complicated and hard. But that does not excuse developers for failing to deliver on basic promises. No matter how big of a fanboy army said devs have lined up to defend them on forums. Gaming would be so much better if people would actually start holding these shadow companies accountable for their failures instead of making excuses for them.
 
cbb
gt is the best nothing else is worth playing so qquit crying and be patient there were problems with gt5 at launch too people are getting pissed this time around because there is way more people playing and therefore way more impatient people who get mad rather than understand the aituation.

Your letter is useless.

Many here, know nothing (or almost) on the development of a video game.
It's very complex. PoDi are aware of some problems (big or small) and promised features are coming soon.... You just need patience.

You think PS3 is capable of many things? You are very wrong. You think PS4 will see a Gran Turismo with 0 defects? You are very wrong.

PoDi do what they can. What they did with the PS3, it's just amazing. And the fact that it follows their game long after release is remarkable. Other developers should take the seed, including Naughty Dog.

ifeVQ2zf2qpbV.gif


You Kaz/PD white nights are hilarious. I used to like this place better circa GT5 Prologue before it got flooded with GT apologists that feel it's their duty to constantly defend PD's incompetence. We've payed the full price for a beta product with promised features we may never get. The game is riddled with bugs. I don't understand how some of you constantly defend this or challenge other people's frustrations.
 
I started thinking yesterday the lack of sounds is starting to get to me. It didn't originally too much but is starting to. And the last few updates this month were to me an example of your letter's points. More fantasy crap cars we don't need, especially those X things that there are already a bunch of. I had the thought that if the task of upgrading the Standard cars is just too daunting a task, that maybe do a few at a time and quietly replace the old with new Premium versions, say a handful (5?) a month. I suspect there's more people than just myself that would love to see this more than useless fake cars we have no interest in. Also, the "Tuner" abortions they have of classics, like that "Cammer" Mustang thing, that '71-'73 Camaro and that Olds Toronado. I was excited to see the Olds in the pics before I got the game and must say my biggest let down was seeing it was something butchered by some celebrity. So, fine, leave those in for the younger guys, but every time I see those cars I think to myself how hard would it be to also do the stock versions since the modelling for the most part was done on the Tunerkid cars?

I WOULD indeed like the sounds fixed and the gearboxes done accurately, but also love the game as is and just to get what we already have "right", even if redoing the GT4 cars comes at a trickle, would be welcome to me.

You Kaz/PD white nights are hilarious. I used to like this place better circa GT5 Prologue before it got flooded with GT apologists that feel it's their duty to constantly defend PD's incompetence. We've payed the full price for a beta product with promised features we may never get. The game is riddled with bugs. I don't understand how some of you constantly defend this or challenge other people's frustrations.

Normally, I don't complain too much, but yeah, stuff like this is why I gave up on iRacing after 4 years. Lots of promises and no substance including a supposed complete revamp that turned out to be nothing but a namechange. (That was what killed it for me actually. But I had a multi year sub and kept checking it until it ran out this past summer and still the same. I'm patient but eventually I stop supporting companies that don't produce.) So far, even PD delivers more in an update than they did but sometimes I find the comparison valid.
 
Last edited:
You Kaz/PD white nights are hilarious. I used to like this place better circa GT5 Prologue before it got flooded with GT apologists that feel it's their duty to constantly defend PD's incompetence.
I don't consider myself a GT apologist, my problem is merely that I'm enjoying myself wth this game. :cool:

I don't care about better sounds - I only need to hear when it's time to change gear and get a feel for the limit of tyre grip. If all cars sounded the same, well then there would be less limits to learn.
I also don't care which color the car has or what stickers are on them. It doesn't make them go faster and I seldom watch replays anyway. If I do, it's only to see where I place the tyres in a turn or see the weight transformation or detect which wheel is locking up first.
I also don't care about the surroundings - all I need is the track and the other cars. I haven't got time to enjoy the scenery and I would trade it for a few more FPS any day.

I care very much about the improved physics model, and we're having a ball racing each other online in GT6. I also have GT5 and enjoyed that game at the time, but the improved physics of GT6 renders GT5 useless to me now. That improvement alone outweighs the missing functions by far, compare to GT5.

This is my personal subjective opinion, and I respect that your's may differ, but that is the reason I'm positive about this game. It's the improved driving experience that matters most to me. :bowdown:
 
...Our first GT6 season is due to start this weekend (after 13 seasons of GT5),...

Maybe you should hold off on criticizing until AFTER you have actually tried it. It sounds like you've come to dramatic conclusions based on hearsay.
 
Maybe you should hold off on criticizing until AFTER you have actually tried it. It sounds like you've come to dramatic conclusions based on hearsay.
It doesn't come across quite as clearly as it maybe it could, but Stucar and a bunch of other guys in the league he is talking about have been testing and practicing since the game was released and have seen themselves all of the glitches in the OP.
 
I agree totally.

Having a system which is reliable is absolutely paramount. Such were the problems with GT5 over the past few years, with respect to online racing, that I am decidedly ambivalent about the whole experience of it. I would have been happy to sacrifice a significant portion of the game's content in order to ensure our racing lobbies were totally reliable.

Lately I've been having a lot of trouble staying connected to the game server. I'm taking part in leagues, I'm even charged with hosting, but it's not happening since I keep getting kicked.

But none of this is new. I think the real issue here is that there appears to be no clear way of actually getting in touch with these shadowy people and submitting useful feedback. Can we seriously expect PD to make a good job of developing the game and ironing out the problems if we can't let them know just what is happening? This complete dearth of information about just what they are doing is properly frustrating. I don't know if it's a Japanese thing - they tend to be such national and cultural chauvinists.

Vent over. ;)
 
I don't consider myself a GT apologist, my problem is merely that I'm enjoying myself wth this game. :cool:

I don't care about better sounds - I only need to hear when it's time to change gear and get a feel for the limit of tyre grip. If all cars sounded the same, well then there would be less limits to learn.
I also don't care which color the car has or what stickers are on them. It doesn't make them go faster and I seldom watch replays anyway. If I do, it's only to see where I place the tyres in a turn or see the weight transformation or detect which wheel is locking up first.
I also don't care about the surroundings - all I need is the track and the other cars. I haven't got time to enjoy the scenery and I would trade it for a few more FPS any day.

I care very much about the improved physics model, and we're having a ball racing each other online in GT6. I also have GT5 and enjoyed that game at the time, but the improved physics of GT6 renders GT5 useless to me now. That improvement alone outweighs the missing functions by far, compare to GT5.

This is my personal subjective opinion, and I respect that your's may differ, but that is the reason I'm positive about this game. It's the improved driving experience that matters most to me. :bowdown:

I don't care about this post.
 
i might actually be more patient now, the game costs half the price so it is possible to have understanding for delays. But what i think is going on is that PD are pressed to release GT7 and that way free them selves from GT6 that i belive never will be ok. But for half the price i can live with that untill gt7.
 
Another crying thread....

Good idea ...

Or not.
I think that a mature and constructive draft letter to PD is far from "crying".
 
You Kaz/PD white nights are hilarious. I used to like this place better circa GT5 Prologue before it got flooded with GT apologists that feel it's their duty to constantly defend PD's incompetence. We've payed the full price for a beta product with promised features we may never get. The game is riddled with bugs. I don't understand how some of you constantly defend this or challenge other people's frustrations.

Again this word apologist. Who's apologizing? I didn't, neither does anybody who actually ENJOY the game you know. Because the bugs that do come up don't happen to hamper the fun factor for some folks.

As for the letter, I voted in part. The game does have its problems, but to say the game is broken entirely for it is a bit of a stretch.
 
Last edited:
You are not playing the game for anything, except fun. what if because of a bug you lost a brand new turtle beach 7.1 (or some prize you'd think is cool) surround sound that gets drinks for you while you are playing ? Less happy, i would assume...
 
You Kaz/PD white nights are hilarious. I used to like this place better circa GT5 Prologue before it got flooded with GT apologists that feel it's their duty to constantly defend PD's incompetence. We've payed the full price for a beta product with promised features we may never get. The game is riddled with bugs. I don't understand how some of you constantly defend this or challenge other people's frustrations.

And whilst there are white knights, there are pointless flamers too.

I don't care about this post.

Very mature way to handle an alternative opinion there mate.

This game is very much broken, but the way this forum's community has begun to handle the situation isn't helping either.
 
This game is very much broken, but the way this forum's community has begun to handle the situation isn't helping either.

Also doesn't help to blow things out of proportion. There are hundreds of well thought out, detailed posts in "this forum" highlighting concerns about the game and a tiny handful of flamers most of which are ignored by most people. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater..
 
Also doesn't help to blow things out of proportion. There are hundreds of well thought out, detailed posts in "this forum" highlighting concerns about the game and a tiny handful of flamers most of which are ignored by most people. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater..

And those posts are amazing, don't get me wrong. Sorry about the generalizations, I'm running on a lack of sleep here >.<
 
ifeVQ2zf2qpbV.gif


You Kaz/PD white nights are hilarious. I used to like this place better circa GT5 Prologue before it got flooded with GT apologists that feel it's their duty to constantly defend PD's incompetence. We've payed the full price for a beta product with promised features we may never get. The game is riddled with bugs. I don't understand how some of you constantly defend this or challenge other people's frustrations.

The're called Fan Boys and the forum is rife with them. It is hard to have a rational discussion on here without these idiots bouncing in and pledging their allegiance to PD and Kaz.
 
The're called Fan Boys and the forum is rife with them. It is hard to have a rational discussion on here without these idiots bouncing in and pledging their allegiance to PD and Kaz.

So a person who actually disagrees with the notion that the entire game is broken is a fanboy? Even though the person agrees the game has its problems but knows how to get on with it?

Good to know.

Look, I think everyone just needs to chill out, and try to refrain from painting the other in some generalization or mockery.
 
Last edited:
Maybe you should hold off on criticizing until AFTER you have actually tried it. It sounds like you've come to dramatic conclusions based on hearsay.

Nope, wrong. All of these issues have been encountered in our endless testing and practice runs.
 
Nope, wrong. All of these issues have been encountered in our endless testing and practice runs.
I have noticed a few issues as we'll within my league, but mostly have been the tuning issues such as zero effect for downforce, camber or toe. The only way to actual make use of those are to tinker with an LSD and that's just about it...

As far as gameplay... The pit glitch is bout it...
 
Back