Animated Pitstops/Indy 500 broken promises?

• Thread starter GT david
  • 34 comments
flyboy116
Ok lets be perfectly clear Project cars is a good racing game, but just take a visit to the WMD Forums and the sheer arrogance of Ian bell when it comes to these features more so when the animated pitstops are brought up anyone else starting to feel let down personally am waiting on Dirt rally to keep me going till GT/SPORT/GT7 :) races just feel sparse at times

Personally I couldn't care less about either of these features not being in PCARS. Sure they'd be nice but I don't spend enough time in the pits for animated pitstops to make much of a difference to me. Was never really a fan of Indy (road or oval) so missing that is also not a big deal to me. I'm sure there are those that would love these features so they must be very disappointed though

Ok lets be perfectly clear Project cars is a good racing game, but just take a visit to the WMD Forums and the sheer arrogance of Ian bell when it comes to these features more so when the animated pitstops are brought up anyone else starting to feel let down personally am waiting on Dirt rally to keep me going till GT/SPORT/GT7 :) races just feel sparse at times
That's why they have their own forum!
We all can read the drama over there,no need to drag it here.

Getting all pissy and mad about it here on GTP isn't going to make it a reality. They've also explained numerous times on the pCARS forum why they've abandoned animated pitstops in pCARS1.

Also, there is a dedicated thread for this sort stuff here already.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-great-project-cars-whinging-and-crying-thread.327084/
Yes,I'm well aware of that. As I ve said before,posting it here does what? I'm not mad nor pissy! Why don't you post your thoughts over there?

I don't care about the animated box crew..
Either of the 500 Indycar.. If it comes ok,if not.. Well, maybe it will be in Pcars 2.

PCARS has already lots of tracks with full 24H cycle and dynamic weather.. It got plenty of Offline races and Endurance races with really nice Physics,and good amount of cars on track.

I really appreciate work on physics before animation of box crew that isn't even playable..the Physics is the most important thing of a simulation game. It's what really does make you appreciate a game and that you keep playing it day after day.

I enjoy a lot Pcars, its the game that makes me forget the GT saga and that showed me that there are much better simulation games that GT ever will be.. Cuase the last 2 on PS3 are crap compared tho the first 4 games.. Kazunori showed me that he only thinks in his own and really don't care about his customers.. He let fall the suport and missing Vision GT cars of GT6 without giving a single explanation... Since The presentation of GT Sport we don't now nothing about it.. Just that it will feature the FIA championship that first was for GT6..

Now I'm awaiting Dirt Rally, that goes back to simulation, and Assetto Corsa "the really real pure driving simulator"...
And.. I think that even Pcars 2 will be on the market before GT7..

So good enough excellent simulator games to supply the GT crap

I personally would prefer if they simply fixed the Xbone version. Going around the Azure Circuit in the BMW 1-Series in Free Practice, constant frame dropping, audio ****ed beyond all hope, etc.

Someone was watching me try and play and informed me that I should never buy a product from that company again lol.

I've never had problems on a console game like this. Never. PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3 and Xbone... PCARS is the only game that runs so poorly.

Screenshot_2016-02-22-13-16-58.png

It's OK for the people saying "oh I don't care about animated pit crew and I don't like ovals", but what if it was your 2 favourite things that were missing from the game? What if SMS said from the beginning that your two favourite things would be in the game, and even dedicated 2 whole pages in a booklet?
I guarantee you would be on here crying just like everybody else.
I think it's the principal that is upsetting people more than the actual fact of not having animated pit stops or ovals.

For the record, animated pit stops and ovals are not my 2 favourite things.

And yes, there is not really any need for a thread about it.

I was personally looking forward to animated pit stops. Ovals not so much.

I think that PCars is a solid game without those features but in the end it could have been much more.

I´m not fussed about the lack of animations, but I´m gobsmacked with their incompetence recognizing opportunities. They can´t see them in their face. The lack of animated pit crews -once it´s not happening- is a perfect chance to adapt the pitstop times for each series to real values and make strategy a bit less stupid than it is at the moment.

There are no animations in the way, so arrange the refuel rates, arrange simultaneous tyre change and refueling, arrange tyre change times adapting each aspect to the respective series.

It´s utterly stupid having to carry full tanks of fuel from the start of the races where you need to make one stop for tyres, only because the refuel rate is nonsense and tyre changes take ages in some series.

Don't advertise stuff and then not bring it. Look at Pcars2.... They are doing it again and im pretty sure a lot of that stuff is not even done. Co op career, dirt racing and that other stuff. Don't advertise it unless you know for a fact that's gonna be in the game no doubt.

I'd prefer that they said 'This is what we're going to try and put in', that is not a promise, it's a simple statement of their intentions. I'd also prefer that they were open if something they said they were going to try and include cannot be done, with the reasons why.

That would be much better than, for example, PD's silence on anything.

I only bought the game on the promise of Ovals ,But i really do not want them in game at the moment while they are far more many issues to be fixed first

I have had a few landmines in my time on pcars ,but have still continued racing after it happened ,today i could not continue

So they announced that they planned to release some content, but ran into technical complications and weren't able to follow through with it. Get over it!

People on here act as though these game designers are politicians or something. They don't owe you anything, either pay the money and enjoy the game or play something else. Personally, I would prefer that they focus on implementing features in PCars 2 from the beginning rather than trying to shoehorn them into a game that was never designed to accommodate them.

Besides, the DLC we have received to date has been excellent. Keep it up SMS! (oh, and please give us PCars in 2016 :lol:)

So they announced that they planned to release some content, but ran into technical complications and weren't able to follow through with it. Get over it!

People on here act as though these game designers are politicians or something. They don't owe you anything, either pay the money and enjoy the game or play something else. Personally, I would prefer that they focus on implementing features in PCars 2 from the beginning rather than trying to shoehorn them into a game that was never designed to accommodate them.

Besides, the DLC we have received to date has been excellent. Keep it up SMS! (oh, and please give us PCars in 2016 :lol:)
DLC ends around March April time.

You do realize they were publicly funded right?

You promise something you follow through, not just shrug your shoulders and make more promises.

I'm really fed up of people crying all around the internet about SMS not delivering on promises. You're lucky that they're actually giving this information so stop sounding like a spoilt kid who can't get their toy. I'm not directing this at anyone specifically, it's just whining about it won't make a difference. At least they've given a proper explanation and have clearly discovered other options which haven't worked out which is what other developers wouldn't do. I personally welcome the openness by SMS and enjoy the game I have. Sure, I would have liked to try out the ovals but it's not in so I won't play it.

Honestly, they should have never disclosed any information regarding cars and tracks until they both acquired the licenses and knew the game would be able to function with those features and content. Had they done that, you would not see people complaining because noone would know.

Do I consider the absent content false promises? No, just SMS not thinking things through. I guarantee that SMS wanted to and would have included the ovals and other tracks like Macu and Mugello had they not run into issues. Hopefully for Project Cars 2 , they do not make the same mistakes.

You do realize they were publicly funded right?

You promise something you follow through, not just shrug your shoulders and make more promises.

I'm aware of that. Have you read the commercial arrangements and list of "tools & perks" offered for each funding package?

Crowd funding doesn't entitle you to anymore than it would if you were a private investor. The only "promise" made to crowd funders is that they would receive the tools & perks listed on the website. If you didn't receive your T-shirt, then that's another issue...

You shouldn't confuse promise with ambition (we've been burnt by that with Gran Turismo...)

Honestly, they should have never disclosed any information regarding cars and tracks until they both acquired the licenses and knew the game would be able to function with those features and content. Had they done that, you would not see people complaining because noone would know.

Well, one of the point of WMD was to make us test everything. Back when we were testing, before the game release, ovals were still planned, so we had to test them.

Well, one of the point of WMD was to make us test everything. Back when we were testing, before the game release, ovals were still planned, so we had to test them.
I should have been more clear, WMD would obviously be testing the content, but SMS and WMD should not have disclosed content to the public that does not meet the things I recommended in my previous post (basically have a non-disclosure agreement).

Back