Anime vs No Anime - Battle of Painful Cars - Aug 8

• Thread starter O604
  • 128 comments
Canada
Canada
Kaizen-Teian
Battle.png

"In Japan, an itasha (痛車, literally "painful car") is a car decorated with images of fictional characters of anime, manga, or video games".

2019-Goodsmile-Mercedes-2019-Livery.jpg

Opinions are very split on these painful to look at cars. Often heated. So the only honorable way to settle this is with a winner-take-nothing team street battle in Tokyo.

2 teams. Maximum 8 per team. Contact allowed. First team to finish wins. :cool: or :mad: pick a side.

Date: Sat. Aug. 8
Time: 7 pm EST
Lobby ID: Friends only (happy to accept new friends) TBA 20 min before race time

Proposed rules: (Suggestions welcome. Rules can change if both teams agree)

Slipstream: Strong
Start: Reverse Grid
Damage: No
Ghost: No
Penalties: No

Cars: :cool: Anime liveried S-FR Concept VS :mad: No Anime liveried X-Bow
BOP: Maximum upgrade. N500. Tuning allowed.

Format: 1 lap battle. Best of 5
  1. Tokyo Expressway - Central Inner Loop
  2. Tokyo Expressway - East Inner Loop
  3. Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
  4. Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop
  5. Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop
Teams
:cool:: RX8Racer556, hatsune_miku2039, Mistah_MCA, DNA_Gears, Gyrza-360, Alpha_Cipher1, Mikhail24RD
:mad:: Groundfish, Pigems, MBR_pingu, phreelickz, Fudsy, Tylerg1222, Admiral_Loli

This is a friendly, not serious, no pressure type event. Should be over in less than an hour. If interested in participating, please leave your GTP/PSN ID and which side you would like to battle for.

Link to logo if you want to put in on a car - https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...gallery/all/decal/2295120/8439820475531560448

Last edited:
I'm sort of split on itasha myself; I respect the uniqueness of it when compared to how bland car customization is in the US, although it does make me a bit uncomfortable when they have anime girls who look like they're high school age or younger (yikes) in sexually suggestive positions. No thank you.

A lot of people park their itasha at this garage in Akihabara (go figure), I stayed at a hotel in Ueno fairly close to this place last summer and walked past it a couple times. I considered trying to go in to scope the place out, but it is just a parking garage and I didn't know if that would be weird. Do I appreciate how wild some of these cars look? Yes. Would I drive one? No.

However, I do really enjoy Super GT racing, and I think it's cool that there's a professional racing team like Good Smile Racing with weird anime liveries. One of their sponsored AMGs started from pole and finished on the podium in the 2019 24 Hours of Spa. So I always use the Racing Miku livery on the AMG GT3.

I also have a Good Smile Racing jacket, but it's a designer collab so it doesn't really look cringy. I wish I could represent in this race, but I work evenings on weekends.

Last edited:
I found this video informative. Walks through a gathering in Odaiba. Explains the anime basics. ie Miku, Love Live!, Girls und Panzer, etc....

Brought back memories for me. I lived in Japan a short while and a friend used to drag me to American car shows on weekends because we needed a 2nd car. He'd leave his Low Rider truck there and we'd play roller hockey in another parking lot with the other exhibitors.

This should be interesting. I’ll throw my hat in the ring for the itasha faction.

PSN ID: RX8Racer556

Will Power/Weight BoP will be active?
Someone is paying attention. 👍

I was thinking with BOP on or no limit tune/power/weight. BOP would be the fair choice. No limit would be a crazier option but I haven't done a test yet to see if they would be equal.

Verdict - Crazy option works I think. X-Bow slightly faster. S-FR more agile.
BOP: Maximum upgrade. N500. Tuning allowed.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late but here I am!

Joining for the itasha side/Racing Miku team!

PSN ID: hatsune_miku2039

Time for me in the UK then will be midnight (I think?), that's fine though as I'm always up at that time at weekends anyway!

Also great video there!

Quick question - what's the planned car selections and are we doing a photo meet as would be nice to get some group shots before the race or after?

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late but here I am!

Joining for the itasha side/Racing Miku team!

PSN ID: hatsune_miku2039

Time for me in the UK then will be midnight (I think?), that's fine though as I'm always up at that time at weekends anyway!

Also great video there!

Quick question - what's the planned car selections and are we doing a photo meet as would be nice to get some group shots before the race or after?
Not late at all. Thanks for signing up for this with the most appropriate PSN! :D

Planning to use X-Bow (No) and S-FR Concept (Anime). BOP still undecided. Aiming for maximum equal settings.

Group pictures are an awesome idea. 👍

Well I shall have to grit my teeth since my feelings for the S-FR Racing Concept are how you say in polite terms not pleasant!

On the plus side it will give me a chance to design my new Itasha livery for this car and thank you on the PSN ID, I only recently just changed it to Miku as I have always been a Tails fan boy before but Miku is very influential with her music and games on my life at the moment.

Feel free to add my ID at any point as if there is any preparation work or practice for the lobby etc I am happy to assist!

That's a nice video too!

You may also note I went full cycle as when I upgraded to premium membership yesterday I made a request to be Racing_Miku for my user ID on here so identity change fully complete! ;)

Sign me up for team anime, if my profile picture wasn't obvious enough :D. Depending on how things go for me on Saturday, its an FIA night but there's an hour and a half in between races so I should be good to go.

PSN ID: DNA_Gears

Now to adapt my liveries to the SFR... I got work to do :lol:, can't wait for the race!
20200716064444.jpg

I’m in, I’ll take a no cartoons car. 👍
With the power of Love,
Friendship,
And
ANIME...

I'm in. :cool:

Now to see what sort of anime livery I can make...

I would ask Deafsun to come thru and annihilate all you non-anime people, but he has a Top 16 race that day.
Sign me up for team anime, if my profile picture wasn't obvious enough :D. Depending on how things go for me on Saturday, its an FIA night but there's an hour and a half in between races so I should be good to go.

PSN ID: DNA_Gears

Now to adapt my liveries to the SFR... I got work to do :lol:, can't wait for the race!
20200716064444.jpg
Awesome!!!!

View attachment 942821

"In Japan, an itasha (痛車, literally "painful car") is a car decorated with images of fictional characters of anime, manga, or video games".

2019-Goodsmile-Mercedes-2019-Livery.jpg

Opinions are very split on these painful to look at cars. Often heated. So the only honorable way to settle this is with a winner-take-nothing team street battle in Tokyo.

2 teams. Maximum 8 per team. Contact allowed. First team to finish wins. :cool: or :mad: pick a side.

Date: Sat. Aug. 8
Time: 7 pm EST
Lobby ID: Friends only (happy to accept new friends) TBA 20 min before race time

Proposed rules: (Suggestions welcome. Rules can change if both teams agree)

Slipstream: Strong
Start: Reverse Grid
Damage: No
Ghost: No
Penalties: No

Cars: :cool: Anime liveried S-FR Concept VS :mad: No Anime liveried X-Bow

Format: 1 lap battle. Best of 5
  1. Tokyo Expressway - Central Inner Loop
  2. Tokyo Expressway - East Inner Loop
  3. Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
  4. Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop
  5. Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop
Teams
:cool:: RX8Racer556, hatsune_miku2039, Mistah_MCA, DNA_Gears, Gyrza-360
:mad:: Groundfish, Pigems

This is a friendly, not serious, no pressure type event. Should be over in less than an hour. If interested in participating, please leave your GTP/PSN ID and which side you would like to battle for.
I'm interested in joining non-anime, IGN: MBR_pingu

Would love to join my brothers in arms for team anime! (Dunno which emoji is for what team lol). PSN is Gyrza-360

There ain't no buddy buddying around here mate this is ALL OUT WAR 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Jokes aside, count me in the anime side :D
PSN: Alpha_Cipher1

Weebs will conquer
Nice to see you guys. Thanks for signing-up.

Teams so far.

:cool:: RX8Racer556, hatsune_miku2039, Mistah_MCA, DNA_Gears, Gyrza-360, Alpha_Cipher1, Mikhail24RD
:mad:: Groundfish, Pigems, MBR_pingu, phreelickz, Fudsy, Tylerg1222, Admiral_Loli

Well it looks like Pigems and Groundfish aren't leaving in one piece. :scared::lol:

I'll start harassing TPC people to join next week. ;)

Last edited:
Back