Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
On the site it states that it comes with..

* USB cable (2m) with Type A and Type B connector (for standalone use)
* connection cable to Porsche wheels with PS/2 plugs (2,5m)

So for sure it will work on PC with DFGT or anyother wheel combo when you use USB... But on PS3 with the pedals plug in directly to DFGT who knows..

What kind of Plug the DFGT uses? same as the PS/2?

Last edited:
Your DFGT needs new pedals and a new wheel :D

HaHA
I was about to say that!
Oh man just one more month for my RS wheel and pedals!
Fanatec, next time develop a time machine so I can skip all the waiting!

The GT3 RS works fine with GT5:P but the Turbo has has better future compatibility. For console users we highly recommend taking the Turbo S and not the GT3 RS (just trust me on this one as I cannot go into details). Both are available with the Clubsport pedals.

Even it is less compatible.. I am still geting RS wheel.. Because I am more of PC sim racer then console.. But GT5P thats only sim console i play... and I hope that it will work at least.. nothing too flashy ;)

The GT3 RS works fine with GT5:P but the Turbo has has better future compatibility. For console users we highly recommend taking the Turbo S and not the GT3 RS (just trust me on this one as I cannot go into details). Both are available with the Clubsport pedals.

Are the Clubsport pedals available for the Turbo S wheel right NOW?? I might go with that combo for now if it is available, as I wouldn't mind playing Forza 2 as well. Let me know PLEASE! :) I need a wheel ASAP...the wait has been too long :dopey: I wouldn't mind also getting a GT3 wheel a few months from now as well.

Huh....why would we go and the turbo S instead of the RS ?

it actually doesnt come with the sequential shifter. it does have the 6 speed. i might actually get the RS.

What?

It does not come with any shifter what so ever.. It Comes with standard Sequential wheel mounted pedals. The Shifters (one sequential, one 6+1)you will need to purchase separately from the RS wheel. When I was buying my RS wheel, it did not stated anywhere that The stick shift is coming with it.. and that I would have to consider getting it.. which i did.

Here is complete list for the RS ClubSport package.
Content:

* Force Feedback racing wheel with belt drive
* Clubsport Pedals
* USB cable to use pedals as stand alone product
* connection cable from wheel to pedals
* Quick guide
* Power supply

Note: Driver and manual must be downloaded from www.Fanatec.com -> Support

Recommended accessories:

* Shifter set for Porsche wheels with sequential shifter and 6+1 shifter
* Clubsport table clamp to adjust the angle and improve stability.
* Rennsport Wheel Stand
* RennSport Cockpit

Guys remeber is better to buy the ClubSport pedals with a wheel. Seems they are 100 dollars cheaper then buying the ClubSport as stand alone unit.

RS wheel and ClubSport pedal combo is 289.95 USD ( I pay 352 USD all together with Shifters, extension cable and delivery) Not a bad deal!

Stand alone ClubSport Pedals are 200 USD
Stand Alone RS wheel is 169 USD.. So it would cost you 369 alone without the shifters.. and delivery..

So yeah its way cheaper to buy the combo.. Even if you already own a Logitech wheel ;)

Last edited:
Huh....why would we go and the turbo S instead of the RS ?

It seems the turbo s wheel is more of a console wheel. If consoles cater to any of the fanatec wheels, it's gonna be the turbo s wheel. It's made for the 360, but works on the ps3. If you were microsoft, or sony, the turbo s wheel is the one you would take the most interest in.

Hi,

I have ordered a RS Wheel only for play with PS3, the Turbo S wheel is more expensive and only available again in July... but I suspect that the RS wheel will not be compabible with the GT5 Game. It's that FANATEC?:scared:

As I wrote before, Fanatec will improve a lot the potential Costumers if could make the RS compatible with thw PS3...

Regards,

masas

The Fanatec guy mention that so far RS works with GT5P , but it may not be fully compatible as the Turbo S.

I don't know why Fanatec would make a special edition wheel and make it bit less compatible on PS3 then Turbo S wheel.. its bit dumb. I really hope GT5P and full game will be always compatible with the RS wheel.

Okay so let me get this straight, I have place order for the "Turbo RS" With the optional Clubsport pedal (and does anyone know if the clutch is supported for gt5p) for 479.95 and then wait till July before my product gets to me ? For all that I might as well have an HInt on whats going to happen.

Hello Jaspecvr6

the clutch works on GT5:P if you activate it with the triangle button.

Actually I did not understand if you already placed the order or if youplan to place an order.

Was thinking about purchasing the turbo s club sport but i couldn't wait so someone in my neighborhood was selling a g25 for $100 and i couldn't let that pass. But I will be definitely gona buy the wheel stand with the shifter expansion.

I just put my order in for the GT3 RS wheel/clubsport pedals with optional h-pattern/sequential shifter. 👍 Now I just HOPE that there are no delays :dopey:

Last edited:
I just put my order in for the GT3 RS wheel/clubsport pedals with optional h-pattern/sequential shifter. 👍 Now I just HOPE that there are no delays :dopey:

I hope so too.. Hmm how much longer? about less then month?

👍

I can't wait for my too. I pre-order last month.. so I have been waiting for ever now

The Fanatec webshop says the thing ships in the end of March, which is just about a month away.

I've been waiting for this wheel ever since we originally saw the release in early October I believe. So we've really been waiting for the GT3 wheel for 5 months now. :crazy: At least you still have a wheel to play with...I've been stuck with the 6-axis grinding my teeth :scared: Oh well...I'm sure the thing will be more than worth the wait :sly:

Question for Fanatec: Will the GT3 RS wheel work with Ferrari Challenge for the PS3? I bought the game and tried it for about 30 minutes with the 6-axis and thought the pyhsics were absolutely horrid..haven't played it since, which was over 8 months ago lol. I've heard the force feedback is quite good in the game though...at least better than GT5P. If you can answer this question, Thank You.

Where did you get this information...? That there won't be enough units to cover all the pre-orders.

Last edited:
Seems RS will be very special edition since not too many will be produced? Thats what I got from the web's article.

Back