Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
Fanatec,

If you are reading this, can I ask you a couple of questions about the Fanatec wheels / pedals / shifters? First some background info:

I'm a PS3 user, NOT a PC user and I am considering making another cockpit for GT5 (if it ever gets released!).

There is a possibility that I may add a PC later, but PS3 compatibility has to be there for whatever I buy.

I love the spec of the clubsport pedals and think the GT3 RS wheel looks good. You said the RS is not the best choice for PS3 – but it would be usable, wouldn't it?

Next question:

You seem to be making quite a range of wheels – do you intend to make one specifically aimed at the PS3 market for when GT5 comes out (and is bought by millions of people)? You do – you have to, don't you?* And will this PS3 / GT5 wheel work with a PC too?

* Any pics or details yet? :sly:

SpeedyK they have the 911 Turbo S as their "console wheel"... "Wireless", back lit buttons with the console symbols and promised full compability for PS 3 and 360 support also even. Promised ahead of Forza 3 and thus ahead of GT 5.

RS is supported by GT 5 that is promised... For some reason which I have no clue about they don´t guarantee support for all coming games though. So they recommend the Turbo S for the console users not the RS.

Would be nice to have some Carrera type wheel for the consoles as well... For me since the most serious sims is on the PC it makes more sense for me on a high end wheel there and then go cheap on consoles where there is no way around it they need to optimize for gamepads.

I wonder if Fanatec would do license with GT5!!! Hey Fanatec give PD a letter for collaboration! You do offer more and unique features over LOGITECH! So why not? ;)

The official GT wheels are designed by PD to their specs.

The official GT wheels are designed by PD to their specs.

DFP GT? funny it´s very similar to the G25 which was not built or licensed by PD ;)... Licensing doesn´t mean anything really. there is numerous games that have the nVidia label that runs better on ATI hardware and vice versa :P.

Exactly!!!

DF GT wheel was made with PD. It is really good wheel.. But they are missing a lot of features over Fanatec..

I don't bash on logitech, but they are missing these features
Sure Logitech makes good wheels, I still enjoy my G25 to this day, and I have it for year and half. But Seems Logitech is more interested in making Mice and keyboards over wheels. G25 is getting outdated, even DFP GT is outdated, and seems nothing new on horizon for Logitech. All we know about rumor that they MIGHT work on new Wheel. They produce new wheel every couple of years.. I hear about Fanatec for less then one year now, and allready they are making numerous wheels, from cheap ones to expensive ones, and looking at specs sheet compared with Logitech wheels, Logitech falls short.

So why not have ABS feature in GT5? Why not better compatibility? Maybe if Porsche cars do not make it in GT5 ( I doubt that) How about having a Ford GT LM spec II wheel?

If it wont work out, I would still love Fanatec's wheels see every single feature used in GT5.

DFP GT? funny it´s very similar to the G25 which was not built or licensed by PD ;)...

No, it is closer to the DFP (which PD also designed) in every way than the G25.

Anyway I was more talking about the wheel itself (the round thing) rather than the internals and construction.

Sure Logitech makes good wheels, I still enjoy my G25 to this day, and I have it for year and half. But Seems Logitech is more interested in making Mice and keyboards over wheels. G25 is getting outdated, even DFP GT is outdated, and seems nothing new on horizon for Logitech.

DF GT outdated? in what way, they don't offer H pattern shifter? After all this is a budget wheel (would costs $128 AUD here ($84AUD) so I don't expect rumble motors aswell as main motors and rumble motors on the brake to try and give some sort of ABS feel. Wheels like the GT3 RS with clubsport wheels are priced way out of logitech's mainsteam prices they aim for (I paid $298 AUD for a G25 ($195 USD), Porsche Turbo wheel would cost me $499.95AUD). I agree the G25 is getting on and a replacement would be nice, but I completly disagree with your statement 'But Seems Logitech is more interested in making Mice and keyboards over wheels'.

Fanatec is making a strong position into the wheel market offering a variety of wheels of different price ranges that logitech has been doing for a long time but Fanatec is taking it further, Sure logitech will come up new versions but just because Fanatec is releasing many new wheels on the market recently doesn't mean logitech has to suddenly announce a whole new range and if they don't is 'more interested in making Mice and keyboards over wheels'. Wheel market is big for Logitech.

My main problem with Fanatec wheels (besides I don't like the Porsche styling or any manufacturer licenced wheel) buying Fanatec wheels in Australia is pricey (we can't buy online...)

Last edited:
I have tried all the logitech wheel. Owned both the old DFP and the G25 and I would say the feel of the DFP GT is a lot more similar to G25 then the old DFP. Maybe you get confused a bit by appearance and the pedals being similar?

The G25 has dual motors the DF GT has a single motor like the DFP but improved to remove much of the resistance and noise the DFP was plagued with, so it feels more like a G25.

DF GT outdated? in what way, they don't offer H pattern shifter? After all this is a budget wheel (would costs $128 AUD here ($84AUD) so I don't expect rumble motors aswell as main motors and rumble motors on the brake to try and give some sort of ABS feel. Wheels like the GT3 RS with clubsport wheels are priced way out of logitech's mainsteam prices they aim for (I paid $298 AUD for a G25 ($195 USD), Porsche Turbo wheel would cost me $499.95AUD). I agree the G25 is getting on and a replacement would be nice, but I completly disagree with your statement 'But Seems Logitech is more interested in making Mice and keyboards over wheels'.

Fanatec is making a budget wheel as well, SRT review it or a preview.. all good things. and It costs as much or cheaper then DF GT wheel and the cheap fanatec's wheel use single motor but they say it can be compared with G25. So fanatec does make cheap ones too that surpass competition ;)

But sucks you can not buy online. May I ask why?

Fanatec is making a budget wheel as well, SRT review it or a preview.. all good things. and It costs as much or cheaper then DF GT wheel and the cheap fanatec's wheel use single motor but they say it can be compared with G25. So fanatec does make cheap ones too that surpass competition ;)

The Fanatec budget wheel will retail at the website for $199 USD ($304AUD) which is hardly budget compared to the DF GT which costs (from the same store I have to by Fanatec wheels) $128 AUD ($84AUD).

But sucks you can not buy online. May I ask why?

Don't know, Ask Fanatec. Japan and Australia have to pay more through a couple retail chains and are not allowed to buy from the Fanatec webstore, so the 'budget' wheel and all the wheels will cost even more here.

Exactly so you do agree with me then :)

No, I said the wheel feels more like a G25 (less resistance to move the wheel) but the hardware is based off the design of the DFP but improved, nothing like the G25 at all.

On the Spec sheet it says 150USD. So yeah It's same price range as DF GT. Maybe for you it's more expensive, but for buyers in USA for example is good deal.

Yeah when I go to BUY section, I do not see JAPAN or Australia.. hmm

So you can not buy directly from FANATEC, maybe try SRT (sim racing tonight) website they offer fanatec wheels, or EBAY ;) Maybe someday you will find a nice deal

On the Spec sheet it says 150USD. So yeah It's same price range as DF GT. Maybe for you it's more expensive, but for buyers in USA for example is good deal.

So How much is the DF GT in the US? here it is equivalent $84 USD ($130AUD), which is a bloody bargin IMO.

Here you can buy one for 150 USD, If you get lucky 130. So yeah for US buyers its better deal to get Fanatec budget wheel. Shifter and Clutch.. better feedback too.

Wow for once Australia gets something cheap. (DF GT)

I am happy Fanatec has included the H pattern shifter and clutch to the budget wheel but You could probably get a G25 for the same price by the time it retails here :(

LOL! there are some good and bad sides I guess. But hey if you can get G25 for same price, get G25. But hey. Americans are stuck with crappy muscle cars, in Australia I see cool muscle cars! So see, there is a good side to it! ;)

I e-mailed Fanatec about their wheels, They sent back, contact our distibuter for Aus, HES-Home Entertainment Supplies. I did so, they e-mailed me, saying go to a Dick Smith Powerhouse store near you.

By the time I get it, I would imagine 120-150% mark up from the price Fanatec 👎:(

I e-mailed Fanatec about their wheels, They sent back, contact our distibuter for Aus, HES-Home Entertainment Supplies. I did so, they e-mailed me, saying go to a Dick Smith Powerhouse store near you.

By the time I get it, I would imagine 120-150% mark up from the price Fanatec 👎:(

Yeah, DSE had the Porsche Turbo wheel listed as $500 but now I can't find any trace of any Porsche wheels on their website strangely.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I just check out the Fanatec's shop page for the RS Clubsport wheel

It writes...

First shipment (delivery April) sold out !
Next shipping date: June 2009

So since I pre-order it few months ago, I bet I'll be part of the "First shipment" I wonder if it's still by end of April or during April. I hope it's at beginning of April. The wait and anticipation is HUGE! As well Once I get my wheel I want to try out iRacing, so common Fanatec, hurry it up a bit :D
I am kidding, It's good you guys found out some problems and fix them up. It's better to wait a bit more for better product then buying something expensive and trying to return fix it. (cough cough Xbox 360 cough)

I think Fanatec make it pretty clear that the shipping date is END of April.

Just like they made it clear it suppose to be out this month ;P
But yeah, glitches on wheels delay that to End of April.
Now it says APRIL, no end, no beginning, but yeah I bet end of April.

I was just keeping my hopes up that I could get my wheel beginning of April

From Thomas blog:

"Submitted by Thomas on Thu, 03/26/2009 - 09:41. All issues are solved and production goes smoothly so we are still on target."

Sounds promising.

Kill me now! It's been 30 min since my post and I'm already dying !

Plus, wait for GT5 (full game)

And.. iRacing! (getting it once I get my wheel)

oi.. so much waiting

Last edited:
I know they have an adapter so you can use the g25 pedals on their wheels, but is there an adapter to use their pedals on logitech hardware?

This is not possible as our pedals use digital signals to support the advanced features and the Logitech wheels just support analog signals.

From 911wheel.com

Submitted by Thomas on Wed, 04/01/2009 - 12:31. "It will be enough for anybody who pre-ordered in time. The production is finished and we now arrange shipping."

Good news...maybe we'll recieve our wheels more torward the middle of the month now :)

Back