Another Question...

• Thread starter drskn08
  • 108 comments
hello friends...
(1) can anyone tell me how to change the tyres while in pit during a race... do the pit members change them selves or there is something i need to click o order them...?
(2) wot is the significance of R&D ? n how n when can i start a new R&D in the game?
Thanking you in advance...!

1. You can order different tires in the same menu you use to choose throttle maps. On the PS3, this was done using the D pad.

2.R&D is very significant in terms of performance gains. You will be asked at certain race weekends to meet goals in practice sessions. Remember, if you're using "Long weekend" with all practice and qualifying sessions, you will need to complete the objectives in all 3 sessions.

Thanx for ur reply but i dint get clearly.
1. I know that v can change our tyre Before starting the race in the garage under section 'tyre' near 'team mate' section right ? But i wanna know if we can get our tyre changed while we stop in pit in between the laps of an ongoing race ?

2. When we get an opportunity to do R&D ? Is hv after finishing a session o when.. ? N is it (R&D) done by a player or the team engineers n we Just hv to choose/apply the research gained by team n the driver/player does not hv an active role in it ?
*n yes i use pc version.
Thanx

Thanx for ur reply but i dint get clearly.
1. I know that v can change our tyre Before starting the race in the garage under section 'tyre' near 'team mate' section right ? But i wanna know if we can get our tyre changed while we stop in pit in between the laps of an ongoing race ?

2. When we get an opportunity to do R&D ? Is hv after finishing a session o when.. ? N is it (R&D) done by a player or the team engineers n we Just hv to choose/apply the research gained by team n the driver/player does not hv an active role in it ?
*n yes i use pc version.
Thanx

1. You can change your tyre selection mid race using the aforementioned menu that lets you change engine, wing and tyre settings. I'm not sure if you can change your selection while in the pits. I normally do it on a straight on my in lap.

2. I'm sorry, I don't understand. The R&D updates are gained by completing objectives. For example, set a lap under 1:40.000.

1. wot do u mean by aforemention menu ? How to get it ? Can v get it when we pause the game n by going to option ?

2. I hv achieved the target given in qualification and race in my 1st session in Bahrain. But dint get any offer for R&D. There is R&D option in the monitor present at the front of vehicle in pit which is removed before start of a race.

1. wot do u mean by aforemention menu ? How to get it ? Can v get it when we pause the game n by going to option ?

2. I hv achieved the target given in qualification and race in my 1st session in Bahrain. But dint get any offer for R&D. There is R&D option in the monitor present at the front of vehicle in pit which is removed before start of a race.

1. The menu is accessed in game. There is a menu that lets you adjust your front wing, engine setting and tyre selection. I just googled default PC controls. Press T on the keyboard while driving to select your tyres.

2. Keep playing career mode. R&D objectives will appear after a few Grand Prix in free practice.

hey thanx a lot F1 for ur valuable info. i just finished melbourne session with 5th in position.. it took me try the race so many times since yesterday.. in last session in bahrain i finished 12th while objective was of 18 o above. whereas in melbourne it was 12th n above...

1. i finished 5th but still there was not gd interview there in padock..? can u tell me y?

2. n stil i m shown in team as 2nd driver.. while my team mate always come last... does the driver position in team is same as driver no. of team ? n does it affects some how in my career ?
thank u once again...

hey man,
You don't always get interviewed, if You're not on podium finish.
I was interviewed in padoc couple of times during season.

If You're doing good in races and you're faster than teammate, than in half of season you will get an offer as 1st driver. But wait untill end of season because more teams may want you to join them.

ty b.fox..
it means i wont be 1st driver by keeping myself ahead of my team mate in 1st 3 races...
n folks plz help me regarding R&D.. I M NOT GETTING IT TAT HOW TO START R&D N GAINED BY IT

You have to be ahead of youre teammate at half of season to receive contract offer as 1st driver.

As R&D - This appears not on every GP. When you're in trening session (short weekend = 1 trening session, long weekend = 3 trening sessions) you don't choose to "go on track". Instead You have to choose "R&D", You will go on track from pits and need to meet required time in 5-7 laps i think.

After GP in loading screens (when game autosaves) it says "You got new improvment......" Sometimes its engine mapping, sometimes rear wing or new suspension.

For example: i did R&D for my sauber team in silerstone GP. I'm doing long weekends so i did R&D 3 times (one for each trening session) and for next GP my engine will be stronger for 5% :) That doesn't mean that i will have another R&D at Hockenheim (my next GP).

clear ?

i did R&D for my sauber team in silerstone GP. I'm doing long weekends so i did R&D 3 times (one for each trening session)

u mean v hv to choose R&D while doing practice before Qualifying round ? I m doing short weekend so i will get one chance to do R&D right ? N where do the improvements appear ? Inside 'My F1' page where there are options for control,save and Exit the game Option ? Or it shows on loading screen when we start the game before reaching to padock ?

Last edited:
u mean v hv to choose R&D while doing practice before Qualifying round ? I m doing short weekend so i will get one chance to do R&D right ?

right

N where do the improvements appear ? Inside 'My F1' page where there are options for control,save and Exit the game Option ? Or it shows on loading screen when we start the game before reaching to padock ?

images

If I remember correctly its where You setup Youre F1 car in the pits.
First screen is lap times, second is weather, setup and engine swaps. Progres of R&D is listed there.

If I remember correctly its where You setup Youre F1 car in the pits. First screen is lap times
u mean in throttle map below 1 to 7 engines... if it is so then m unable to click it n it appears in grey color.. o if u r talking abt the R&D section before setup/setting option in the monitor where different red colored boxes r given... if i try to click it then it doesnt remain as i clicked once i get out of it..
can u plz provide few screen shot of R&D section showing some improvements.. i will be really greatful to u...

u mean in throttle map below 1 to 7 engines... if it is so then m unable to click it n it appears in grey color.. o if u r talking abt the R&D section before setup/setting option in the monitor where different red colored boxes r given... if i try to click it then it doesnt remain as i clicked once i get out of it..
can u plz provide few screen shot of R&D section showing some improvements.. i will be really greatful to u...

I'll do some screenshots in the evening. And yes, You can't change R&D development until you're no. 1 driver.

hey thanx b fox.. so this item is operable after one establish himself as 1st driver...! in ur screen shot i can see the semilunar sign in "standardowy".. if m not wrong then ur R&D is going on for standardowy..?

hey thanx b fox.. so this item is operable after one establish himself as 1st driver.

Thats correct

in ur screen shot i can see the semilunar sign in "standardowy".. if m not wrong then ur R&D is going on for standardowy..?

Its polish version i'm playing so this language in not common here :)

"standardowy" means standard

"minimalny" means minor (minimum)

"unikatowy" is for unique

"pakiet" is for package

hope this helps

Just try to find best way through corners. I love to race in Hungaroring and Canada because of their corners.

If You manage to get them right You'll always be first :) If its dry weather, try cutting deep. I never use best line help, and drive from cocpit view. Its hard at the beggining but after You will get used to it, its rewarding.

About tackling AI drivers... try late braking and look their lines. AI not always uses best lines and drive very slow in some corners.

Silverstone and Hockenheimring are also great to learn corner mastering. At least for me.

PS. World record was a joke :)

edit:
I had recently finished GP Hungary (second season). Started from pole position but Massa and Button (i was blocking Vettel from inside) overtook me before first corner. In couple laps i got Jenson, but Felipe was driving incredibly. I took fastest lap and was about 1 second behind Massa. And he won the race by half of second. Great race (legend AI, no assists, fuel sim off, tires sim on, 20% race). I always have great fun driving side by side with AI.

Last edited:
hey wot is "pole position" ? this word come again n again when i read something abt F1..lol n yeah the cockpit view is sooo hard.. i never and really never use it.. i feel like riding upward in slop beyond which i cant see the track.. so vehicle is very much difficult to handle in the cockpit view...atleast for myself..

Pole positions means that You were fastest in Qualifications and You start the race from position 1. (first pole)

I've installed RDDev 2011 mod (playing PC version) with new cam views and its great ! Just like new game (hd resolution, new drivers, teams and hud)

If You want to get good times driving from cocpit view, You will need to learn the track so You can drive with eyes shut. Learn brake points and corners, and You will surely win Drivers Championship :)

It took me long time practise to win first race. But the feeling was like yeeeeeaaaaa ! in Youre face Sebastian !!

then how is "pole position" different from "grid position" ?

n wot is RDDev ?

pole position means 1st starting position

grid position means place somewhere in grid (2 to 24)

About RDDev 2011 mod You can read more here

I know its PS3 forum but since we're both using PC's for F1 2010 i think admin wouldn't bother.

pole position means 1st starting position

grid position means place somewhere in grid (2 to 24)

About RDDev 2011 mod You can read more here

I know its PS3 forum but since we're both using PC's for F1 2010 i think admin wouldn't bother.

hey greaattt i was unaware of this... i m downloading it now... thanxxxx

n u mean "Pole position"="1st grid" i guess?
coz i read F1 players profile...
grid position- 15
pole positioned aquired - 60
like wise... right ?

hey after downloading it.. how can i use it ? just installation ? o need to copy paste it some where ?

There was faq for it with the instalation files somewhere i guess.

Start installation, don't copy/paste anything.

And yes in statistics number of poles is how many times driver was starting 1st (won quali)

okay B Fox.. now i get it..
n it sems quite large file.. lol... hope that it may run.. n bazyl.. will i loose all my career once i install this..? though i hv just reached upto malaysian track lol

Back