Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
GT
i've read in the latest PSW that they thought it graphically doesnt look all that. it said that some of the tracks look even worse then they did in GT3....is this true? also graphically i've read somewere on the Net ( dont know were alas) that the car models themselves dont look as good as they did before in prologue...

another quick Q, when GT4 loads for the first time, does it automatically read your Gt3 and prologue saves? cus i dont want to upload money or licenses and i dont want to delete my saves....so is this manual, can you chose not to do it?

The cars look much better in my opinion and all the tracks have been worked on and are alot better.when the game load it mentions that you can load gt3 or prologue data but it dose not load it until you go on to gt mode, home, states and then press select

Since this damn Auto-save saves every car I want to >try<, I'd like to ask, what car I should buy with 845,000 credits (PAL), I'm choosing from:
-Auto Union V16 streamline(that 1937 one) = 500,000 (maybe this is the fastest??)
-Honda S2000 LM race car = 450,000
-Mazda 6 touring car = 450,000 (Like the look of it)
-Nissan Falken GT-R race car = 550,000 (REALLY like the look of it)
-Arta Garayia = 500,000
-BMW touring car = 450,000 (RREEEAALLY like the look of it:D)
I've sold all my cars exept for two cars I can only win once (liscence and mission hall), so I can't race in a proper tournament or race or something, I just gotta do it with 845,000.

Edit: Well I just can't wait to get started with a cool +/-500,000 credit car, otherwise I should wait for I dunno how long, not meaning that this thread sucks OR SOMETHING else, no I'm just addicted to GT4 and want to start now, so never mind, I think I'll buy a Nissan Falken, a BMW touring car or the S200 LM race car, so I now go to my PS2 abd decide this, later:)👍

I wanted to try out a few cars after doing a credit transfer but even though i thought i had switched autosave off it still saved the game when i got into the first car i wanted to try out ....... so im therefore going to return the game 2moro

weirdkerr
I wanted to try out a few cars after doing a credit transfer but even though i thought i had switched autosave off it still saved the game when i got into the first car i wanted to try out ....... so im therefore going to return the game 2moro

I really don't see what people's big beef is about this. So what if you have to win a few races and earn a few extra bucks? Part of the fun is getting different cars, and seeing how they respond to what mods. I bought a Caterham early on because I thought I could race it in the lightweight cup, and the compact cup. I bought it, modded it, tuned it, and went to race. Oh crap, I wasted 15 minutes and $100k or so. No big deal. Really...returning an AWESOME game just because you can't test out a car, then reset it...that's kinda silly.

ok i need help , i know this might sound stupid but .....i dont get the event - light-weight K-Car Cup......it says 3400mm or less i dont what they mean by that...please some one help

ok i need help , i know this might sound stupid but .....i dont get the event - light-weight K-Car Cup......it says 3400mm or less i dont what they mean by that...please some one help :nervous:

scuer_one
ok i need help , i know this might sound stupid but .....i dont get the event - light-weight K-Car Cup......it says 3400mm or less i dont what they mean by that...please some one help :nervous:

It means you can only use car that is no longer than 3400mm.

weirdkerr

Your taking it back just because you can't turn off the autosave????

James M
It means you can only use car that is no longer than 3400mm.

That light weight cup kinda sucks then, cause I think you can't see how long it is when you buy a car, how do you have to know that, SEE the MILLS.:rolleyes:! Don't know this for sure though and a can't check cus I'm racing B-Spec "1000miles" in the europe hall, with a Corvette Stingray '69( WHAT.....europe hall....with a Corvette:odd:??! ans: YES in a Corvette)

Now I have learned another thing: DON'T buy the S2000 LM car when you can, at least for the racing bit, cause it's REALLY slow:crazy::ill: Not slow but MUCH slower than in GT3 I guess/noticed.

And Stune when you get a car in GT mode, it automatically transfers a stock one to Arcade mode, but if you tune one in GT mode it doesn't tune one in Arcade mode, it just stays stock.

And for the lightweight cup, if you get the first one in beginner hall, buy a chapparal......the big ugly box I mean, because that one can do the light weight cup in Pro. hall easily, if you have the money by then

weirdkerr

if you dont know how to erase data from your memory card maybe you should return your ps2 too

G-T-4-Fan
That light weight cup kinda sucks then, cause I think you can't see how long it is when you buy a car, how do you have to know that, SEE the MILLS.:rolleyes:!

When you click on BUY you see all the specs of the car (weight, power ect) it also lists the dimensions there.

i would suggest going to Japan and finding small car. I won somthing which i used. It might have been from the sunday cup.

Does anyone know how to unlock cars in arcade mode? So you simply get cars for getting a certain amount of A spec points or what?

Can I ask a question............I bought some second hand wheels for my VW Lupo......where did my stock ones go!!! I can't find them anywhere or change them back.........also, can I use the wheels I bought on all cars or just this one...

please help me find my missing stock wheels! :ill:

Yeah I have a Question for the GT Fans..... WHY are there still no Ferraris or Lambos
in GT4 or for that matter any of the previous GT games

... and no the diablo in GT3 does not count as it wasnt avalible in the PAL version. :grumpy: .

Does any know if theres a reason why ferraris or Lambos never make it into Gran turismo.?

robin, your stock wheels are gone, unless they appear in the used wheels section.

Mr Fox, theres loads of possible reasons for Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini not being in GT. It all boils down to PD not getting licenses to use them why is not known but it's probably down to cost. They either couldn't afford them or they decided it wasn't worth the cost. Other possibilities are that other companies can have exclusive rights like EA used to have which prevents anyone else from using that license.

Just a couple questions concerning this car in the game...

How is the car in the game?

and

How is the pontiac concept that you win from the A- license test? Can the car get souped up well?

I don't want a used Japanese car to start with...

Thanks

I know this might be a stupid question, but I tried to do a lan race with two PS2 equipped with the network modem and connected by an ethernet cable but it didn't work. Can somebody tell me how to do this please. Thanks

Stune
Does anyone know how to unlock cars in arcade mode? So you simply get cars for getting a certain amount of A spec points or what?

when you unlock them or buy a car in gt mode they become available in arcade.

robin2223
Can I ask a question............I bought some second hand wheels for my VW Lupo......where did my stock ones go!!! I can't find them anywhere or change them back.........also, can I use the wheels I bought on all cars or just this one...

please help me find my missing stock wheels! :ill:

You may beable to get your stock wheels back if you go on to spoilers, and for cr 500 you can turn your car to its oridginal state or that may just be for spoiler. sorry if its wrong

captainkidd
How is the pontiac concept that you win from the A- license test? Can the car get souped up well?Thanks

The pontiac can be souped up but its a pile of ******g s**t. unmodified it cant even keep up with a mini but if you spend a load of money on it it may be a little faster

rat-tail
i must be retarded, but what is a chaparral, and where is it? i couldn't find them...

edit: found it..sorry.
I really REALLY don't know what that car actually IS, it's just a white box with a lot of power, maybe a huge turbo in it or something, it doesn't seem to have a logical engine though, when you wanna tune it, you cannot go to the engine parts:odd:

PS. There is a cheaper one kinda Ford GT40 like, a bit slower

Anyway it's a American make, I have PAL so, I don't know where it is in your version but it's ALL the way to the right in the american manufacturers section, Pal then again.

Back