Any confirmation on saving during endurance races?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan81
  • 12 comments
  • 2,633 views
Messages
2,641
I read there was partial confirmation from an article by Jordan but was just wondering if it has been confirmed?


Thanks.
 
Yes it has been. It was confirmed at an event in Europe about a month ago.
 
I certainly hope so. 24hr le mans must be a real pain to complete without it.
 
Better ask the guy who owns GT5 just to confirm this.
 
Well I sure will try it without sleep, probably during a weekend. Going to be a challange for sure :-).
 
it's better to do such a race with friends :) do 90 minute stints :D
 
Well I sure will try it without sleep, probably during a weekend. Going to be a challange for sure :-).

Dude your not meant to do the whole 24h alone lol.

I hope they have implemented like a system where your teamates are on standby and are alerted so when you go in the pits they take over.
 
While I haven't heard a whole lot of good news recently at least something I really wanted the game to have made it.
 
Dude your not meant to do the whole 24h alone lol.

I hope they have implemented like a system where your teamates are on standby and are alerted so when you go in the pits they take over.

It would be cool if you could save it after your stint is over and then send them the save file so they can start from where you left off. That would be a lot easier than sitting there waiting for your friend to finish. Then when you are done a third friend takes over And you leave and while you're gone his mom tells him to get off the ps3 or somesuch and he just quits the race and throws in the towel.
 
Or you finish your stint in 1st, but when you get your reward, it's last place and you get 500 credits.
 
It would be cool if you could save it after your stint is over and then send them the save file so they can start from where you left off. That would be a lot easier than sitting there waiting for your friend to finish. Then when you are done a third friend takes over And you leave and while you're gone his mom tells him to get off the ps3 or somesuch and he just quits the race and throws in the towel.

I doubt this happens. How would it determine whose PS3 would be 100% passed on. This would also be file sharing in a way that I don't think they'd want. Everyone could pass the save file and the game disk around without having their own copy. I doubt if Sony will go for that. Me, I want to do my whole 24. Forget my B spec, he sucked for me on GT4, I lost so much time due to his lack of aggressive drivubg. I won't get 100% on GT5 because I won't use B-spec mode. I am buying this game for me to race, not the CPU.
 
Back