Any Cubers Here?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 108 comments
Been awhile since I've touched a cube, but when it first came out it literally took over the school yard. Almost every student at my school had one. We would race to finish it, then turn around and create some very cool patterns like fish, checker boards, never-ending belt, birds etc.

This was the 3x3 cube, by the way. Haven't touched one since sixth grade.

Been awhile since I've touched a cube, but when it first came out it literally took over the school yard. Almost every student at my school had one. We would race to finish it, then turn around and create some very cool patterns like fish, checker boards, never-ending belt, birds etc.

This was the 3x3 cube, by the way. Haven't touched one since sixth grade.

The only pattern I can do is when you get different centres.
Like there would be a white face surrounded by green.

The only pattern I can do is when you get different centres.
Like there would be a white face surrounded by green.

I'm familiar with that one. The checker board I referrenced could be done in two ways. First, with directly opposing sides, and second, with adjacent sides. The second was more creative than the first.

The fish and bird were done similarly, in that all needed was to turn the entire cube to see it. The pattern itself was, the corners had different colour but, had to match up with the adjacent centre colour.

The never-ending-belt, basically, was lining up all colours with the exception of their center-lines & corners. So picture looking at the cube as if it were a baseball.

I'm familiar with that one. The checker board I referrenced could be done in two ways. First, with directly opposing sides, and second, with adjacent sides. The second was more creative than the first.

The fish and bird were done similarly, in that all needed was to turn the entire cube to see it. The pattern itself was, the corners had different colour but, had to match up with the adjacent centre colour.

The never-ending-belt, basically, was lining up all colours with the exception of their center-lines & corners. So picture looking at the cube as if it were a baseball.

Ah, too complicated!
I think I'll stick to speedcubing :D

I once solved a rubix cube and no I didn't re-adjust the stickers. I took the bricks out and re-adjusted THEM.:sly:

Never touched one in my life......... I don't understand how people look at it and understand and picture what it will look like after 5 random shifts before even doing it

Hellraiser_Box-01.jpg

You should try this one next :nervous:

Never been able to solve them.. Never tried properly though. I guess once you learn the method it wouldnt be that hard?

I've completed a Rubik's Cube once, although I am rather embarrased to admit that it was practically by accident. I got to the point where I could complete 2 or 3 sides, and generally get a decent number of stickers where they ought to be, and then one day I found that I had got it all done except for the six middle squares... a few twists later and it was done. However, 1 success in ~30 years is a fairly poor effort. Even worse than my love life.

Ugh, I've always been terrible with Rubix Cubes. Doesn't help that I suffer from ADD. Maybe if I work at it long enough, I could get one side, maybe...

I once solved a rubix cube and no I didn't re-adjust the stickers. I took the bricks out and re-adjusted THEM.:sly:

Be careful, if you put them back incorrectly you can end up with some pieces in the wrong way, making it impossible to solve :) (Unless you break it again... :P)

I can do a Rubik's cube (Theres one on the shelf above my desk right now), but I can't solve it quickly. I usually complete it in 3-4 minutes. It's satisfying, knowing the majority of people don't know how to do them when I can. I've even done a 4x4 and a 5x5 in the past too, though they took significantly longer...

But with practice i'm sure I could break that down, but i'm not nearly bothered enough to want to try 'speed-cubing'.

Damn, I almost forgot about that guy! I knew there was some subconscious reason for me liking that thread so much.

There was also the dude obsessed with dead female singers, or the one with a fixation on buses...

Latest Posts

Back