Any Cubers Here?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 108 comments
Yes yes, it's a 3x3.
Or a 3x3x3 to be more exact.
There's 3x3x2 and all sorts out there.
I've ordered a 4x4x4 cube for $18, it's the Maru 4x4.
I have no idea how to solve one...
I've also ordered 5 other cubes.
All 6 cubes cost £70 plus shipping from the US.
1 lan lan 2x2, 4 3x3s (Ghost Hand FII, DaYan GuHong, DaYan Lingyun coloured, DaYan Lingyun stickered) and finally the Maru 4x4.
3 new cubes coming out soon too.
I've Your parents spent too much :( :( :(

/fixed again. :)

I first was given a cube as a gift when they first hit the scene. I think I was 11 or 12. I was able to do it pretty regularly. I hadn't touched one in about 20 years but picked one up to play with and show my daughter. I did in a day or two, then my daughter messed it up, so I did it again. She has since messed it up again...

/fixed again. :)

No no, the money came out of my wallet :)

I first was given a cube as a gift when they first hit the scene. I think I was 11 or 12. I was able to do it pretty regularly. I hadn't touched one in about 20 years but picked one up to play with and show my daughter. I did in a day or two, then my daughter messed it up, so I did it again. She has since messed it up again...

I have a 5x5 and just learnt how to do it yesterday, 4 hours to learn the 5x5 is not bad :D
I can only do it in 45 minutes though :(

Most people in real life think of you as a maths genius when you can solve the cube :D
Time to get that A* in the exam...
I really hope I don't miss it by one or two marks.

i got A* in my recent maths exam. maths is really boring cause its so easy.

Cubers arize!
I'm still practising on F2L/OLL but since GT5 came out, I've been happy if I've been able to find the time to cook myself a proper meal.

Did two solves just now and I'm still averaging around or just under two minutes.
Lowest I've done is 1:30-ish.

Sorry for digging up a thread but it was easier than making one. I am 15, been solving for almost two years. I am searching for a new method, I currently use layer by layer. After a year and a half of practice I can constantly get less than 1:10 and my best is 44 sec.

I have had a cube for many many years however never really had the perseverance to learn how to solve them, on mine I just seem stuck and can't even solve it once.

To be able to do them quickly must be a really good brain workout with all that problem solving.

I have had a cube for many many years however never really had the perseverance to learn how to solve them, on mine I just seem stuck and can't even solve it once.

To be able to do them quickly must be a really good brain workout with all that problem solving.

It's really easy once you get the hang of it. It only took my five days to memorize it, I worked two steps a day.

I did a record time today using hybrid methods i did it in 29.429 new record for me i feel so happy even if it's 29.....

I have never solved mine. I find it so frustrating. :lol: Though there is a guy in my class at school who can do it in under 10 seconds. :eek:

mattythedog
I have never solved mine. I find it so frustrating. :lol: Though there is a guy in my class at school who can do it in under 10 seconds. :eek:

You should probably ask him how to. Judging by the fact he can solve it under ten, he's a legend

You should probably ask him how to. Judging by the fact he can solve it under ten, he's a legend
I asked him. I lost interest after the first few minutes. I don't have the patience at all to learn all the moves.

Those, who can solve a cube, is a genius. I've been trying for years to solve a 4x4 cube, and I just can't do it.

A solution: record a video of you scrambling the cube, and play it backwards. It should look like you're solving it :D. Example:

Dean J
Those, who can solve a cube, is a genius. I've been trying for years to solve a 4x4 cube, and I just can't do it.

A solution: record a video of you scrambling the cube, and play it backwards. It should look like you're solving it :D. Example: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zePA3uIbB5I">YouTube Link</a>

You guys should really watch tutorial videos, I mean it's really not that hard it took me about 1-2 hours to solve my first cube it's just patience that will help you. :)

For some bizarre reason, most of my childhood stuff ended up at my Dad's, including my puzzles, board games and toy cars.

My Dad is also into puzzles and I discovered recently that he still has our original Rubik's Cube that we bought in the early 1980's.

He's never finished it, but I recently learned the algorithm for solving them, so I set about solving our Rubik's Cube for the first time in nigh on 40 years.

Unfortunately, it turned out that it couldn't be solved - I knew that the puzzle had broken apart a few times, but since it was already mixed up, two of the pieces must have been put back in the wrong place and hence for an unknown length of time the bloody thing has been impossible to complete. Ironically, had the puzzle actually been completely dismantled and reassembled into a completed cube, it would never have been left in a state where it was impossible to complete.

It's quite sad to think that my poor Dad probably played with this damn thing for years without ever knowing that it couldn't be done...
angry art GIF by commotion.tv

Well, my very first cube ended up against a wall.

Unfortunately, it turned out that it couldn't be solved - I knew that the puzzle had broken apart a few times, but since it was already mixed up, two of the pieces must have been put back in the wrong place
Uhum excuses. 🤭

Back