Any Cubers Here?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 108 comments
Be careful, if you put them back incorrectly you can end up with some pieces in the wrong way, making it impossible to solve :) (Unless you break it again... :P)

I can do a Rubik's cube (Theres one on the shelf above my desk right now), but I can't solve it quickly. I usually complete it in 3-4 minutes. It's satisfying, knowing the majority of people don't know how to do them when I can. I've even done a 4x4 and a 5x5 in the past too, though they took significantly longer...

But with practice i'm sure I could break that down, but i'm not nearly bothered enough to want to try 'speed-cubing'.

If you put an even number of cubies in the wrong way round, the cube is still possible, but when you put in an odd number the wrong way round, or swap over two pieces the right way round, you'll end up with parity error which is of course, impossible to solve on a 3x3, unless you get it on the void cube.

I solved one. Once. Through a tutorial, so it doesn't count.

I learnt how to speedcube through the Internet :D

OP reminds me way too much of GTP's old resident fire alarm enthusiast.

Eh?

That reminded me of that episode of Top Gear where they put in raw beef, bricks and alcohol in a blender and drank from it *shivers*

That was an awesome episode.

Is it okay to leave this here?

rubiks-cube-1.jpg

From the core and the centre pieces, it looks like a Hungarian Rubik's cube, fantastic when you lube it with Lubix :)
Have I gone too far :D

From the core and the centre pieces, it looks like a Hungarian Rubik's cube, fantastic when you lube it with Lubix :)
Have I gone too far :D

I'm going to Hungary this Summer, maybe I should buy one and re-create the scene above but with fire.

And yes you went too far. :lol:

Yes yes, it's a 3x3.
Or a 3x3x3 to be more exact.
There's 3x3x2 and all sorts out there.
I've ordered a 4x4x4 cube for $18, it's the Maru 4x4.
I have no idea how to solve one...
I've also ordered 5 other cubes.
All 6 cubes cost £70 plus shipping from the US.
1 lan lan 2x2, 4 3x3s (Ghost Hand FII, DaYan GuHong, DaYan Lingyun coloured, DaYan Lingyun stickered) and finally the Maru 4x4.
3 new cubes coming out soon too.
I've spent too much :( :( :(

Back