Any Macross Fans in da house?

Toonami on Cartoon Network is going to show Robotech during the week of February 24th including other mech anime.


Beginning Feb 24th, Cartoon Network becomes the first basic cable outlet to air ADV programming as part of Toonami's "Giant Robot Week."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a shocking announcement, Cartoon Network distributed a press release for Toonami's "Giant Robot Week." This week-long special will include several ADV-licensed shows, including Dai-Guard, Robotech, Martian Successor Nadesico, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Monday, Feb 24th

4:00 PM - Nadesico
4:30 PM - Neon Genesis Evangelion

Tuesday, Feb 25th

4:00 PM - Nadesico
4:30 PM - Neon Genesis Evangelion

Wednesday, Feb 26th

4:00 PM - Nadesico
4:30 PM - Robotech

Thursday, Feb 27th

4:00 PM - Dai-Guard
4:30 PM - Robotech

Friday, Feb 28th

4:00 PM - Dai-Guard
4:30 PM - Robotech

From the press release:

Giant Robot Week Takes Over Toonami Showcase of Animé Featuring Giant Robots Begins Monday, Feb. 24 from 4-5 p.m. (ET, PT)

It's a battle of giant metal machines during Toonami's first Giant Robot Week, Monday, Feb. 24 - Friday, Feb. 28 from 4-5 p.m. (ET, PT) each day. The weeklong special event presents some of the best action/animé series ever created starring huge fighting machines. Giant Robot Week comes to a smashing conclusion with a special presentation of the acclaimed animated feature The Iron Giant on Friday, Feb. 28, at 8 p.m. (ET, PT).

"Giant robot" series have been a staple of animé since its beginnings, and Cartoon Network pulled out all of the stops in search of the best examples of this genre ever with series such as Dai-Guard and Nadesico, which have never before been seen on TV in the U.S., as well as Evangelion and Robotech. Giant Robot Week also will include segments from the classic series Gigantor along with Cartoon Network's first original "giant robot" short, Lowbrow.

Evangelion - A deadly war is waged between the mysterious aliens, the Angels and mankind's last hope, the Evangelions. The giant bio-mechanical Evangelions are the only forces that can withstand the Angels' defense fields long enough to attack the massive invaders. (Monday, Feb. 24 and Tuesday, Feb. 25, at 4:30 p.m. (ET, PT))

Dai-Guard - Giant invaders have attacked the earth and the only force strong enough to defend the planet is a giant robot, Dai-Guard. The only problem is that the robot is defective. A young team of workers must stop the aliens, while concealing the defects in their robot. (Thursday, Feb. 27 and Friday, Feb. 28, at 4 p.m. (ET, PT))

Nadesico - The planet is under attack and the space fleets are powerless to stop the invasion. An inexperienced crew consisting of a cook, the General's ditsy daughter, geeks and misfits are sent into space to save Earth. (Monday, Feb. 24 - Wednesday, Feb. 26, at 4 p.m. (ET, PT))

Robotech - Robotech Defense Force, led by Captain Glova and his cadets, is the only hope for survival after giant alien spaceships invade Earth. (Wednesday, Feb. 26 - Friday, Feb. 28, at 4:30 p.m. (ET, PT))

"Our goal at Toonami is to bring the finest action cartoons out there to our fans, and there's no doubt we love 'giant robot' shows," said Sean Akins, Toonami Creative Director. "When we first started talking about Giant Robot Week, these are the series that popped into our heads. This will be an incredible week for our viewers."



Facts: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=3115
 
Originally posted by AE86Driver
eh,whatever,I'm not gonna argue about it.If my scanner worked and I found my old Animerica magazine that has the article that I'm talking about in it,then I WOULD prove it,but I have NO idea where that issue went and like,4 others,they just vanished a few months back,almost a year ago =P.The newest one I've got so far (which isn't that new anymore) is the one talkin' about Armitage the III Dual Matrix

AE86Driver


OK, you want the full answer, head over to http://protoculture.lebhead.com/.
 
Yes, macross is on my mind all the time.

I love the story.

Its awesome to see the topic brought up.

I also cant wait for the giant robot week, it will finally be a chance for me to get a couple of episodes of each of those programs on tape for free.

I am so stoked about nge coming on, I dont care if its dubbed and edited... atleast we get it.
 
Originally posted by askia47
it's really good but what is the exact difference between Robotech and Macross?
i think robotech is bout a war (the three sagas(masters,etc)past)
and macross is bout a ace fighter pilot (future)
 
what has been said here is correct, AE86 is wrong. robotech are three completely unrelated stories put together and edited by harmony gold to run in america (we had it in mexico too... it was a religious practice in my childhood), and then the three stories that Robotech is composed from were aired in japan independently. but well, let him be... :rolleyes: its pointless.
Im an absoilute robotech fan, and of course, macross fan too. It was oneof the first animed I ever watched, tough I'd like to see it again, just because now I would understand it better. in that time, it was the actioan that caught my attention. and hell, for its time, it was downright amazing. it is.

Cano
 
Originally posted by Cano
what has been said here is correct, AE86 is wrong. robotech are three completely unrelated stories put together and edited by harmony gold to run in america (we had it in mexico too... it was a religious practice in my childhood), and then the three stories that Robotech is composed from were aired in japan independently. but well, let him be... :rolleyes: its pointless.
Im an absoilute robotech fan, and of course, macross fan too. It was oneof the first animed I ever watched, tough I'd like to see it again, just because now I would understand it better. in that time, it was the actioan that caught my attention. and hell, for its time, it was downright amazing. it is.

Cano

This is a long dead, recently ressurected (why?) thread, most of this took place last year.
 
Originally posted by Tom M
This is a long dead, recently ressurected (why?) thread, most of this took place last year.

I didnt. I just saw it there, bumped, and replyied.

Cano
 
i got bored so i did it
 

If you are a true, hardcore Robotech/Macross fan and would love to be a part of and play in a Macross Role Playing Game, the AMRN is for you. More importantly, we are currently seeking Game Masters that are ready, willing, and able to assist in the main plot movement as well as having a desire to write stories that will involve our very own members' unique characters.

Http://www.unspacy.net - Anime Manga Roleplaying Network

And remember, if you bring nothing else to the GMing table, bring your imagination. 

If anyone at all has any questions or comments, feel free to email me at CrimsonSpade@Hotmail.com
 
Back