Any of you guys getting Rallisport 2?

  • Thread starter Thread starter evanl85
  • 28 comments
  • 1,157 views
Messages
40
I recently got an xbox, and I'm considering buying this in May when it comes out, to help hold me over until GT4. It's supposed to have something like 12 players online at once...crazy. Who's getting it?
 
Looks like a feature-packed, deep game. But the handling looks way too simple and arcady. I'm not sure about it.
 
i'll probably get it for the eye-candy..but im a fan of more traditional style rally games, which Colin Mcrae 4 more than satisfies for me
 
I love CMR4 myself, but there's no way i'm passing up on RSC2. That's already paid for in full my friends, ;)
 
I'm most likely going to get it. It looks really good.
 
Just got the Xbox a month ago.

So far I have bought a racing cockpit for it. Got a MadCatz2, traded it in for a Thrustmaster Pro Victory.

Purcased CMR4 and TOCA2...both excellent games. Although rallying with the wheel is pretty tough.

I will definitely get Rallipsort2 unless I start reading terrible reviews on it. I hope this game is more realistic than arcade.
 
I might put it on a wishlist or something.
 
Originally posted by PJ
I love CMR4 myself, but there's no way i'm passing up on RSC2. That's already paid for in full my friends, ;)


Ah, good to see you post on GTP again, PJ. :D ;)

I might rent it when it comes out.
 
Any word on the gameplay? Is it really dumbed down to arcadish drift madness? I sure miss Rally Masters' physics.
 
total arcade slide madness. fun as hell, but you wouldnt like it. I however, love it.
 
I bought it yesterday and enjoy it at least as much as the original. My only gripe is that they simplified the tuning even further (which wasn't deep to begin with.) Other than that this is the best Arcade style Rally racer I'e ever played. It handles just as well as CMR, but feels slightly less in control (which I believe any racing game should feel like as you race around just on the edge of disaster, but able to maintain yourself.)
And the graphics are probably the best of any game on any system at the moment, at least in the racing genre if not all of them. (Graphics Hoes rejoice.)
Oh, and the music makes me want to wretch, but they have the Xbox backup plan for cheap sountracks: The customized user soundtrack.
 
I got the game...I think it's fantastic. It definitely is NOT a sim, it has some simulation characteristics (tuning, real cars, the physics aren't that crazy), but it definitely isn't Gran Turismo.

That being said...it's still a blast, and this is coming from a person who is VERY picky about what games I play. I try most racing games..and usually don't like them, but this is awesome. It is so intense, and fast...I think it captures rally racing really, really well. Definitely worth the $50, and it's a nice hold over until GT4.

Edit: I even like the music :lol:
 
I tried this one out in the store and the handling isn't as arcade as I thought it would be, not bad. I will get this when I see it on sale somewhere. EVO VIII, yes!
 
Hey, do any of you guys who did get the game, have live? My sn on Live is climhazzard22, shoot me a freind's request and we can play sometime (I'm usually on around 10pmish).
 
yup i have it, ill add you when i get on tonight or tomarow ;)

LIVE TAG: DRIFTGOD187
 
I've got it, but usually aren't on quite that late.

I'm TmQuietman.
 
Hey Drift God, I accepted the freind's request. I've been busy at work and haven't played much in the past few days, maybe I'll catch you on later tonight or tommorow.
 
I rented it and I have to say I underestimated it. Its a great game even though the handlin has been colin Mcrae 3ed. I'm not far but I'm enjoying it. More later
 
After playing more the game feels like it was made for easy of use rather than realism. Cars feel like the rear wheels turn with the car to prevent a spin and keep the car going were it pointing instead of sliding out of control. That was not the case for RSC. Its fun and I can see my self buying it for $50. The name sould be Project Gortham Rally
 
RSC2 is a really fun game. Although it is rather arcady. There have been MAJOR improvements. I liked it. All they need now is better notes.
 
And not too mention how easy it is.
 
I didnt like it, felt a bit too much as a ping pong game. Not that I dont like arcady racers its just this fealt not good, when I go to arcady racers then I prefer games such as Burnout, Gta, Driver ect
 
Evanl85- I know this is really off topic, but is your first name Evan?
 
Originally posted by LaBounti
And not too mention how easy it is.

too true. it was a walk in the park. only at the highest setting in championship was it remotely challenging. i thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless, but i don't think i'll be purchasing a third if one ever comes out.
 
my copy of rsc2 arrived, ITS SUPERB, and quite possibly one of the most beautiful driving games I've ever played.



*me goes off to earn cars*:D
 
Back