Any plans to bring back tracks from previous GT games?

Which legacy tracks deserve to return in future Gran Turismo games?

• Midfield Raceway

Votes: 242 63.9%
  • El Capitan

Votes: 221 58.3%
  • New York

Votes: 156 41.2%
  • Seattle Circuit (long and short layouts)

Votes: 268 70.7%
  • Red Rock Valley Speedway (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 158 41.7%
  • Special Stage Route 11

Votes: 191 50.4%
  • Citta di Aria

Votes: 158 41.7%
  • Infineon Raceway (sports car and stock car layouts)

Votes: 191 50.4%
  • Las Vegas drag strip (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 115 30.3%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 153 40.4%
  • Seoul Central

Votes: 114 30.1%
  • Cathedral Rocks Trail (both layouts)

Votes: 95 25.1%
  • Grindelwald

Votes: 151 39.8%
  • Smokey Mountain (North and South layouts)

Votes: 118 31.1%
  • Swiss Alps (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 109 28.8%
  • Tahiti Maze

Votes: 132 34.8%
  • Tahiti Road

Votes: 135 35.6%
  • Rome Circuit (from Gran Turismo 3)

Votes: 138 36.4%
  • Opera Paris

Votes: 125 33.0%
  • Rome - Night (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 133 35.1%
  • Costa Di Amalfi

Votes: 156 41.2%
  • Pikes Peak (Hill Climb and Downhill from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 211 55.7%
  • Driving Park (Motorland, Test Course, Beginner Course)

Votes: 117 30.9%
  • Rome - Short (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 86 22.7%
  • Grand Canyon

• Green Forest Roadway (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 96 25.3%
  • Tahiti Circuit

Votes: 107 28.2%
  • George V Paris

• Circuit Ricardo Tormo i.e Valencia (from Gran Turismo PSP)

Votes: 105 27.7%
  • Complex String

Votes: 151 39.8%
  • Chamonix (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 94 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will add a request for all of the challenges from the previous versions. This will include ALL of the tracks and (maybe) cars. (I'm not holding my breathe on the cars, though.

I would love to play 1,2,3,4, and 5 with the new physics and PP controls!

Yap, all of them, tracks and cars, as long as the system availability. That will be one of Gran Turismo 6 strength than other driving games... Or, will it be in GT 7 ? Thanks

You all forgot Smokey Mountain North!, no, wait, you didn't. I think we've covered everything now. Maybe Pod Race from GT Concept '02? :lol:

Last edited:
Future should not only cars and tracks but the feel of watching and walking closer to the car, entering the car, driving (this already happen), coming out of the car and the feel of joy race winning in the podium. Displayed as the human sight. Maybe....

Just want to add that I would like to see these tracks included even if there are no upgrades to the graphics. Think, Premium and "standard" (call them "legacy"), tracks. With the exception of the Ring, every single one of my favorite tracks has been removed from the series. I REALLY want them back!

I very badly miss SSR11 and Grindelwald...
and is it me or is it very odd that we got nascar but lost the road course that they race on? (infineon)

Could you please add a poll so we can vote for the tracks we'd like to see back in GT ? The ones I miss :

• Ricardo Tormo
  • Infineon
  • Suzuka West
  • El Capitan
  • Midfield
  • Driving Park Motorland
  • Citta di Aria
  • Seattle
  • New York
  • Opera de Paris
  • SSR11
If I had no choice but to choose one of them : EL CAPITAN !

I'll get to work on creating a poll on which legacy tracks should return when I get home from college tonight.

Could you please add a poll so we can vote for the tracks we'd like to see back in GT ? The ones I miss :

• Ricardo Tormo
  • Infineon
  • Suzuka West
  • El Capitan
  • Midfield
  • Driving Park Motorland
  • Citta di Aria
  • Seattle
  • New York
  • Opera de Paris
  • SSR11
If I had no choice but to choose one of them : EL CAPITAN !
Couldn't agree more !!

I want the New York track back so bad ._. So many memories on driving down the huge straight and going right into the wall for fun

There are hundreds of tracks already and instead of people caring about turning gt6 more sim they still care about tracks..

Makes sense to me if they gradually bring the best and most popular ones back. PD then can keep them unique and a consistent stable of GT only tracks that's only available to their series.

Yeah!! Please bring back:

Seattle Circuit
Midfield Raceway
Infineon Raceway
SSR11
Costa di Amalfi
Citta di Aria and
El Capitan back!!

(maybe New York too)

There are hundreds of tracks already and instead of people caring about turning gt6 more sim they still care about tracks..
C´mon, GT is really the best on consoles, not even overall in the issue of simulation. But it has a big gap on real car sounds and missing nice and loved old tracks.

El Capitan, Midfield Raceway and Red Rock Valley please, in that order :)

El Capitan somehow stands out from most of the other tracks... I can't remember not having fun in whatever car i decided to use on it. I usually used Midfield as my 'top gear test track', but it's a fun, short and fast track all the same. Despite having run Red Rock Valley hundreds of times for the money grind in GT2, i still love the uncomplicated and fast layout, where you can just floor it in those massive banked corners :)

There are hundreds of nearly a hundred track layouts already and instead of people caring about turning gt6 more sim they still care about tracks..
Of course we do! GT doesn't need to be "more sim" in a hurry, improvements can be made here and there but those looking for super-hardcore sims should look elsewhere. I, and surely the majority of the community would love for our favourite tracks from the older games to make a return, as they were so much fun to race on.

Back