Any plans to bring back tracks from previous GT games?

Which legacy tracks deserve to return in future Gran Turismo games?

• Midfield Raceway

Votes: 242 63.9%
  • El Capitan

Votes: 221 58.3%
  • New York

Votes: 156 41.2%
  • Seattle Circuit (long and short layouts)

Votes: 268 70.7%
  • Red Rock Valley Speedway (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 158 41.7%
  • Special Stage Route 11

Votes: 191 50.4%
  • Citta di Aria

Votes: 158 41.7%
  • Infineon Raceway (sports car and stock car layouts)

Votes: 191 50.4%
  • Las Vegas drag strip (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 115 30.3%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 153 40.4%
  • Seoul Central

Votes: 114 30.1%
  • Cathedral Rocks Trail (both layouts)

Votes: 95 25.1%
  • Grindelwald

Votes: 151 39.8%
  • Smokey Mountain (North and South layouts)

Votes: 118 31.1%
  • Swiss Alps (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 109 28.8%
  • Tahiti Maze

Votes: 132 34.8%
  • Tahiti Road

Votes: 135 35.6%
  • Rome Circuit (from Gran Turismo 3)

Votes: 138 36.4%
  • Opera Paris

Votes: 125 33.0%
  • Rome - Night (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 133 35.1%
  • Costa Di Amalfi

Votes: 156 41.2%
  • Pikes Peak (Hill Climb and Downhill from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 211 55.7%
  • Driving Park (Motorland, Test Course, Beginner Course)

Votes: 117 30.9%
  • Rome - Short (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 86 22.7%
  • Grand Canyon

• Green Forest Roadway (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 96 25.3%
  • Tahiti Circuit

Votes: 107 28.2%
  • George V Paris

• Circuit Ricardo Tormo i.e Valencia (from Gran Turismo PSP)

Votes: 105 27.7%
  • Complex String

Votes: 151 39.8%
  • Chamonix (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 94 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-> ...

^ Go play/buy a different game then. :rolleyes:

^ I rather pay for PD to improve on sound quality than to add real world circuits instead IMHO. Returning old GT tracks is cruicial for replayability and longetivity of the game itself for little to nothing being spent on licensing and etc. Plus the original/old tracks is what make GT great in the first place. PD can only create stunning original tracks than most developers I recall.

~> The ignorance is stong on this one. :indiff:
Ignorance strong on this one? WTF are you on about? Real world tracks are usually very carefully designed for proper racing, the best world tracks are an assured success for improving the game.
Why not both
Yes, right, both, of course... but then people should not complain to PD "re-using old stuff from older GT games" and indeed if we get a brand new track that was not in any older GT game you get the feeling of getting MORE.

RJS
I rather play on tracks that I love and miss from the old games that play on real world tracks that I don't even like.
Real world tracks are very carefully designed for proper racing, if you dont like them, thats odd.
Also nostalgia can make our minds get distorted a bit. Midfield Raceway, the 2nd most voted old track here... I played it some days ago on the PS2 and I think its such an overrated, short and boring track with a simple "8" shape. Nothing special with that track.

Last edited:
The point is that people like what they like, not that they don't like what they don't know. Sure, more tracks would be wonderful, but we already know the classic GT tracks, and we want them back!

Real world tracks are very carefully designed for proper racing, if you dont like them, thats odd.
Also nostalgia can make our minds get distorted a bit. Midfield Raceway, the 2nd most voted old track here... I played it some days ago on the PS2 and I think its such an overrated, short and boring track with a simple "8" shape. Nothing special with that track.

I can say the same about some tracks around the world. Don't get me wrong, I love some real live tracks but we can't enjoy all the same.

I rather have an update to Seatle, Midfield or SSR11 than to add some circuit that to mean nothing to me. Yes, GT6 is a simulator, but it's still a game, and in the end a game is for having fun.

The point is that people like what they like, not that they don't like what they don't know. Sure, more tracks would be wonderful, but we already know the classic GT tracks, and we want them back!
Thats exactly why I think its better to add completely new tracks, it's more fun to learn new tracks that we haven't raced on before.

I personally find most of the real world circuits in this game boring. Their main focus is on how much power you have. While handling is still fairly important, in most cases an okay-handling car with blistering straight line speed will outdo a car with amazing handling but subpar acceleration.

On the other hand, GT Original circuits are oftentimes more technical, and they range in their emphasis on the blend between speed, handling, and braking.

I personally find most of the real world circuits in this game boring. Their main focus is on how much power you have. While handling is still fairly important, in most cases an okay-handling car with blistering straight line speed will outdo a car with amazing handling but subpar acceleration.

On the other hand, GT Original circuits are oftentimes more technical, and they range in their emphasis on the blend between speed, handling, and braking.
With GT original tracks you can enjoy them on standard street cars. Real world circuits are mostly designed for 500hp touring cars with massive downforce and Formula 1's.

This is probably one of the issues that has no footing for not being addressed. GT made the tracks, no reason why they shouldn't be in the game.
And let's face it, if we are talking about numbers, including all the tracks that were made for the game will boost all the numbers in the right places.
Surely...

Again, this kind of thing makes no sense to me. The work has been done making them, we want them...include them.

GT Original circuits are oftentimes more technical, and they range in their emphasis on the blend between speed, handling, and braking.
While I don't find the real world tracks to be boring, with the possible exception of Tsukuba, PD's original tracks are fantastic, with interesting arrangements of turns, rises and dips. They make you think your way through the course in a way the real tracks don't.

I have to admit that Tsukuba still ends up being plenty fun when I begin racing on it. Unfortunately, Forza overused it a bit too much, and that soured me on it a little.

-> ...
Ignorance strong on this one? WTF are you on about?
^ I was stating the naiveness of your account and at the same time defending the value of these many tracks. They deserve much need recognition and truly need their return. :)

Real world tracks are usually very carefully designed for proper racing, the best world tracks are an assured success for improving the game.
^ But in a way can be a bit boring & tedious. And sometimes PD can be at fault on this. :rolleyes:

-> Plus producing real world tracks require ample amounts of money (for licencing) and tons of production time replicating some of these 'sacred' grounds. While producing these iconic original tracks require minimal to no potential expenses! ;)

-> And you do know not just these Original tracks were botched from PD:

1. Suzuka West (w/ Bike Variation)
2. Valencia
3. Fuji '80s
4. Fuji '90s
5. Pikes Peak
6. Sonoma Raceway (aka. Sear/Infinion Raceway w/ Bike Variation too)

-> And some of its forgotten variations of familiar circuits:

- Suzuka Bike
- Tsukuba Bike

:rolleyes:

^ I can sum up of what NOSWaster said:

-> I share the same sentiment above. The way PD designs real world tracks can result mostly a boring specticle compared to its own creations. 👍

Also nostalgia can make our minds get distorted a bit.
^ I beg you pardon!? Distort? Really!? I bet whenever you play GT, you tend to avoid original tracks unless you have to. So meaning to say a person like me and most of the GT/TT racing family have distorted minds!? You're funny! :D

Midfield Raceway, the 2nd most voted old track here... I played it some days ago on the PS2 and I think its such an overrated, short and boring track with a simple "8" shape. Nothing special with that track.
^ To you it may be, but Midfield especially it's '90s variation is a dream to drifters (I bet you're not one of them) for both beginners and pros alike! I have seen endless Youtube videos relating to GT2 & GT3 uploads in relating to Midfield drifting like it was a D1GP and Formula D having a world war! :dopey:

Mid-Field '90s
mid-field_165x168.gif

Mid-Field '00s
midfield_165x168.gif

-> I somewhat agree on the '00s version from GT4. But I'll let the other guys defend this one. ;)

Thats exactly why I think its better to add completely new tracks, it's more fun to learn new tracks that we haven't raced on before.
^ You will get them in due time. Remember, PD's team is miniscule (both physically & financially) compared to Turn10, some PC sims, or any other developers from EA & Codemasters. Why are other GT gamers still waiting for Porsche for crying out loud, but thats another topic. It takes manpower & money to make it all happen!

-> I'd say PD should explore more variations of tracks that we currently have. I for one would like to see more variations to Monza for one, the Bugatti Circuit at Sarthe or the mind-numbing high speed enbankment of Fuji '70s! ;)

Bugatti Circuit @ Sarthe
IMG_9565.JPG

I have to admit that Tsukuba still ends up being plenty fun when I begin racing on it. Unfortunately, Forza overused it a bit too much, and that soured me on it a little.
^ Yup, I definitely agree! T10 shoved this very track into our crainial system...

Tsukuba Circuit 2000 Short
Tsukuba_Circuit_Short_Circuit.jpg

...so much that we grew hating on it. lol :boggled:

-> But it's so funny that this specific variation above was never featured in GT ever!!! Yet we got the Bike Variation on Tourist Trophy... :crazy:

Tsukuba can be even shorter? What is this sorcery?

Anyway. I really miss GT3 SSR11. That track was amazingtaculous.
I miss both. I don't know whether I miss GT1 (where you start driving below the highway above) or GT3 layout more. :lol:

Suzuka West & Tsukuba Short would be bonus tracks, they essentialy exist in the game already, it would seem that it would take but a short time to add, rework the AI lines, adjust & remove some camera position, start/finish etc., much less than even the original courses.

Like to have both original & real world tracks, but would really like to take a second chance at driving on SSR11 with newer physics & graphics.

-> ...

^ SSR11 '90s is simply godly of a city track! 👍

'90s (GT1)
ssr11_165x168.gif

'00s (GT3)
tRLAkW0n73F-dwQeixCY5ck_1SkSDkh5Q3ZcJAaFFzE=w165-h168-no

^ The '00s seems like meh...
I love them both. The only difference is 90's has two gentler left handers and a gradual S-turn where as '00s has a hairpin and fast chicane. I would love to take the 97T or X2014 Jr. around both of those. That would be scary. :scared:

->
GT3 still looks great to this day.
^ Indeed! I just played GT3 last night! Nostalgia-gasm overflows in me when I played Mid-Field & SSR11! :D

j'adorais ce circuit! j'ai voté pour 95% des circuits de toute façon mdr
^ To translate this:

I loved this track! I voted for 95% of the circuits anyway lol

^ Thanks Google! :sly:

Back