Any plans to bring back tracks from previous GT games?

Which legacy tracks deserve to return in future Gran Turismo games?

• Midfield Raceway

Votes: 242 63.9%
  • El Capitan

Votes: 221 58.3%
  • New York

Votes: 156 41.2%
  • Seattle Circuit (long and short layouts)

Votes: 268 70.7%
  • Red Rock Valley Speedway (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 158 41.7%
  • Special Stage Route 11

Votes: 191 50.4%
  • Citta di Aria

Votes: 158 41.7%
  • Infineon Raceway (sports car and stock car layouts)

Votes: 191 50.4%
  • Las Vegas drag strip (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 115 30.3%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 153 40.4%
  • Seoul Central

Votes: 114 30.1%
  • Cathedral Rocks Trail (both layouts)

Votes: 95 25.1%
  • Grindelwald

Votes: 151 39.8%
  • Smokey Mountain (North and South layouts)

Votes: 118 31.1%
  • Swiss Alps (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 109 28.8%
  • Tahiti Maze

Votes: 132 34.8%
  • Tahiti Road

Votes: 135 35.6%
  • Rome Circuit (from Gran Turismo 3)

Votes: 138 36.4%
  • Opera Paris

Votes: 125 33.0%
  • Rome - Night (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 133 35.1%
  • Costa Di Amalfi

Votes: 156 41.2%
  • Pikes Peak (Hill Climb and Downhill from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 211 55.7%
  • Driving Park (Motorland, Test Course, Beginner Course)

Votes: 117 30.9%
  • Rome - Short (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 86 22.7%
  • Grand Canyon

• Green Forest Roadway (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 96 25.3%
  • Tahiti Circuit

Votes: 107 28.2%
  • George V Paris

• Circuit Ricardo Tormo i.e Valencia (from Gran Turismo PSP)

Votes: 105 27.7%
  • Complex String

Votes: 151 39.8%
  • Chamonix (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 94 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seattle Circuit, Special Route 11, Midfield Raceway and Rome Circuit from GT3 if you wouldn't mind please.

Seattle circuit is the main the course I want back. Had so many memories on that track. I will also allow mid field, New York, and test course along with a few others. I didn't really like New York at first but it grew on me. The only frustrating thing about that track was going that long straight and then running staright onto the wall because I couldn't get the car brake in time lol.

i'm all down for almost every track listed here BUT....

question is: will they be wider than what they were in the first place like apricot hill is in GT6 compared to GT4 ?

Good gosh I shoulda just voted for every track on the list!! :lol: Man look at that list.. so many tracks, lots of them are home grown by PD (so I wouldn't think licensing would be an issue at all), it's mind boggling they wouldn't upres those tracks and put them in the game. Please PD consider it...

I didn't vote for them all, but I want to learn them all!!!! (My personal favorites are Red Rock and Rome Night!)

So, let me go back and select them all!!!! ;)

I voted for them all! Also, Ice arena would make an excellent kart track in a summer map without the snow and ice, in my opinion.

I don't think Grand Canyon gets anywhere near enough recognition. For one, it might be the only or at least foremost GT rally track that felt like a really rally stage. The jumps and crests were just perfect. And the graphics were just awesome. Not to mention the fans, which may be the best part. Lining the road and jumping out of the way, I couldn't think of a better highlight of Gran Turismo before it reached the PS3.

I think only the most important tracks from older GTs return, not just one off courses made for that game. Either way I voted for Tahiti Maze, SSR11, and Seattle. I forgot to see and vote for Midfield on the list, but that track should return also.

I don't think Grand Canyon gets anywhere near enough recognition. For one, it might be the only or at least foremost GT rally track that felt like a really rally stage. The jumps and crests were just perfect. And the graphics were just awesome. Not to mention the fans, which may be the best part. Lining the road and jumping out of the way, I couldn't think of a better highlight of Gran Turismo before it reached the PS3.
I agree that it's a great track but I didn't vote for it as it would be a tough track to redo from scratch, and I'd rather they come up with new tracks in new locations that are as interesting as the Grand Canyon track was.

I'd be happy if they made a Grand Canyon track from scratch that was completely different from the one in GT4, though. As far as I know the layout in GT4 is pretty fictional, so I wouldn't expect them to recreate that aspect.

I agree that it's a great track but I didn't vote for it as it would be a tough track to redo from scratch, and I'd rather they come up with new tracks in new locations that are as interesting as the Grand Canyon track was.

I'd be happy if they made a Grand Canyon track from scratch that was completely different from the one in GT4, though. As far as I know the layout in GT4 is pretty fictional, so I wouldn't expect them to recreate that aspect.
I'd be okay if it wasn't the same as well, I think the crowd would really be the challenge. As long as they stay true to the fell of it, with the tighter bits and keep it twisty and most importantly all the jumps and crests, which there really aren't enough of on current GT rally tracks. Need to make sure it feels like a real rally stage, and I like I said I think Grand Canyon did that the best in the franchise.

I notice that Midfield and Seattle are currently the two leaders. I absolutely love those courses, but I want both SSR11 layouts to make a comeback, too!

Also: I didn't know a lot of these tracks existed.:ouch:

Read the GT Pedia (and that thread of unfinished/axed track) and put them ALL in! We need skidpads and ALL! :) (Plus, being able to time the skidpads both directions. GREAT for learning control!)

Now I miss my PS2 and GT4…. :(

I'm not a fan of city courses so I don't share the love for Seattle. I want Motorland back, memories of a video of a white Evo drifting round it got me learning the art of sideways (I'm still rubbish). And Grindelwald brings back great memories, though I hated the one sticking out bit of Armco.

Dont think its such a great idea to bring back old track. Focus on making new real world tracks instead.

But they wouldn't have to do quite such an extensive start from scratch if they used the old info... (maybe... ;) )
I dont think so, they have to re-work and re-model lots of stuff that they were done to fit the PS2...
Players that played GT1 to GT4 like me, love these PD tracks, but probably they didn't notice that yet.
its funny that some people in GTplanet want old stuff back and at the same time other people complain about too much old stuff from older GT games :lol:
Thats maybe a reason why PD dont listen to the players that much, because of so many opinions.

To be real, when GT came do PS3, I think everybody expected the tracks from GT4 and more new tracks, and not only some old tracks + some new tracks.

I dont think so, they have to re-work and re-model lots of stuff that they were done to fit the PS2...
They'd have to make new models for new courses, real world or not, anyway. Your point? They have to get a license for a real world course in order to bring it to the game. Licensing fee for an original Gran Turismo series circuit? $0. Given how they like to take a very large amount of photos and also scan the race track, they don't have to deal with travel fees and the cost to ship their scanning equipment, either. They can stay right in house to work on the track.

They'd have to make new models for new courses, real world or not, anyway. Your point? They have to get a license for a real world course in order to bring it to the game. Licensing fee for an original Gran Turismo series circuit? $0. Given how they like to take a very large amount of photos and also scan the race track, they don't have to deal with travel fees and the cost to ship their scanning equipment, either. They can stay right in house to work on the track.
I guess thats why we pay for the game and that money goes to them... they work, we pay. All the best real world tracks should be in the game.

Dont think its such a great idea to bring back old track. Focus on making new real world tracks instead.

Why not both
url_zps5bd8ff31.jpg

-> ...
^ Go play/buy a different game then. :rolleyes:

I guess thats why we pay for the game and that money goes to them... they work, we pay. All the best real world tracks should be in the game.
^ I rather pay for PD to improve on sound quality than to add real world circuits instead IMHO. Returning old GT tracks is cruicial for replayability and longetivity of the game itself for little to nothing being spent on licensing and etc. Plus the original/old tracks is what make GT great in the first place. PD can only create stunning original tracks than most developers I recall.

~> The ignorance is stong on this one. :indiff:

Back