Any questions to Taku Imasaki? UPDATE: questions answered

• Thread starter ron86
  • 355 comments
Austria
Austria
ron1986
Hey guys!

I just got an answer from Taku Imasaki via Facebook regarding trying to answer the top 3 questions about gran turismo from :gtplanet:! :embarrassed:

He replied "...I'll be happy to look at those questions if I don't have to answer them if I can't"

So, what do you guys want to know?

Edit:

I think the event creator question is very popular

How about this question? -->
1. Is there a possibilty of an "event creator" in an future update for the offline mode in Gt6? For example where you can choose the cars of the opponents, the type of start (standing, rolling, rolling beside), tracks for creating championsships and set fuel and tire consumption, drag intensity and A.I. skill.

So the questions have been asked regarding sound changes for gt6, livery editor and a race creator!

Please note that there is still the possibility Taku cant answer any of the questions because whether he simply doesnt know the answer or he isnt able to talk about

Here are the questions:

1. Kazunori Yamauchi mentioned a few months before the launch of GT6 that he and his team is working on another way for soundreproduction. What is your direction and planning in regards to sound in GT6, can we expect more changes in that area, as the new RedBull cars were a hint of Polyphony's new sound (That one sounds amazing :D )? Can we eventually expect changes on the sound department in GT6?

2. The ability of customization and adding a personal artistic flair to cars have been mentioned before, specifically a livery editor, can we expect anything in the future for GT6 (or GT7) in terms of editing like creating custom colours, painting different parts of the cars or putting liveries on it?

3. Is there a possibilty of an "event creator" in a future update for the offline mode in Gt6? For example where you can choose the cars of the opponents, their tuning, the type of start (standing, rolling double-file), qualifying on/off, order of tracks for championships, and set fuel and tire consumption, slipstream intensity, and A.I. difficulty

ANSWERS
Taku just replied to the first question, here it is:

1. Ronald we are aware of our fans view on sound in the GT games. My view is that the GT team is trying to force delivering authentic sound thru the playstation console, whereas usually game developers would simplify or filter to make the sound 'game-friendly'. Kazunori & team are putting effort in this and you will certainly see changes in the future.

And the next regarding custumization:

2. This one is difficult to answer, but please understand that Kazunori & team Polyphony has a very specific level of technology/visual quality standard that they stick to, and they don't want to sacrifice it by giving too much freedom in the players hands. They've always struggled with this balance, but at the same time they are very aware that level of customization always comes top on the list in fans' requests. Again, as they work on optimizing the code and as the hardware gets updated, you will see improvements in this area as well.

3. 3. Much more updates to come over the next weeks/months for GT6, with regards to the online community feature updates!

Last edited:
well it seems the he said the top 3 questions from GTP. My own concerns are too many and too specific, so I'll guess the 3 that concerns GTP the most in general.

1. What is your direction and planning in regards to sound in GT6, can we expect more changes in that area, as the new RedBull cars were a hint of Polyphony's new sound?

2. The ability of customization and adding a personal artistic flair to cars have been mentioned before, specifically a livery editor, can we expect anything in the future in terms of editing?

3. Besides the features already listed in the GT6 website (track, community, gps, etc.) , are there any other features that have not been listed that Polyphony is considering or planning to add?

Please ask him why PD didnt make thousands of events and races for GT6? :(
We have more than 1200 cars and about 40 tracks (without considering variations, weather, night, ...) but there arent lots of events and everybody can finish the game in 2,3 weeks.
I only want more and more events. :( making events and races is the easiest thing they can do...

WOW! How do we choose just 3?

Will we get a(n) option to create a custom race...

slash custom 5-7 race tournament / 10-20 race season creator.

My top Q is: Will we ever see every track from all the GT games on one game? i.e. GT7

3. Besides the features already listed in the GT6 website (track, community, gps, etc.) , are there any other features that have not been listed that Polyphony is considering or planning to add?

Good call...Suggestion...Keep at least one of your questions rather vague like this one as he will be able to give at least some insight into the future of GT.

^dingodile has got it right, we want MORE EVENTS! and more tracks! :cheers:

:gtpflag:

:bowdown:@ron86

1- Will we get a option to create a custom race ?
2- Will we see some tracks from old GT games as Seattle in DLC or next Gran Turismo ?
3- Standard cars are unacceptable, today. For next Gran Turismo, all will become semi-premium - or premium - ?

Just one question from me.

When will PD be more communicative with its major fanbase?

Kaz hasn't tweeted since Dec 18th and i'm sure we'd all appreciate a bit of correspondence now and then.

PD remind me of a political party. They make lots of noise and promises before I vote for them (by purchasing their game) and when they are in power (game's released), a deafening silence falls and we are left without answers.

Ooh, also ask about the cars that were scanned at L.M. Gianetti (Alfa 155, Delta WRC & Glickenhaus P4/5).
Are they for GT6 on PS3 or, a future title on PS4?

Good luck 👍.

Last edited:
There is only one thing I want to know:
Will Polyphony Digital give us a list or any info about which tires are best equivalent of real life stock tires for each car?
I've been waiting for this sort of information for some time, and comfort hard/medium/soft doesn't tell much. If GT is claiming to be "The Real Driving Simulator", why we have to guess which tires represent most realistic experience in any given car? How driving in GT6 can be realistic, if we don't know on which in-game tires it really is, or should be?

Please ask him why PD didnt make thousands of events and races for GT6? :(
We have more than 1200 cars and about 40 tracks (without considering variations, weather, night, ...) but there arent lots of events and everybody can finish the game in 2,3 weeks.
I only want more and more events. :( making events and races is the easiest thing they can do...
I agree, but i would prever if they gave us a full race and championship creator instead of another 500 of what they think is a race !
(3 lap chase the rabbit against strange selection of AI cars)

Last edited:
There is no need to ask about sound, they already said that they'll improve it

1. Will there be any changes to game physics/aero? Are they aware about 'too high top speed' ?
2. Will they fix the onboard lighting issues (too dark) ?

Why not make B-Spec playable through mobile/remote as add-on/app .. to earn credits.
For those who played AC4BF* and its mobile-app ... its a nice way to earn cash on the move ... don't you agree?

And we all need cash in GT ...

*) Assassins Creed IV Black Flag
For those who don't know it ... It's a kind of side mission in which you can send ships away to deliver goods and earn cash for you, also there is a battleship-boardgame-like-way to keep the trading routes safe ...

Last edited:
1. Can we get more customisation. I dont care about a livery editor but I would like more wheels and the option to control width and offset

2. How long would it take to make all the cars premium?

3. Is the Top Gear test track going to return as DLC?

1. Proper Endurance events with B-Spec and realistic stints with realistic tyre & fuel use.
2. Opponent selection in Arcade mode to make your own grid.
3. Mechanical damage and realistic tyre wear and fuel use in Arcade mode/GT mode.

I also would like to know if they have any plans to make some changes to career mode or if it will stay as it is.
(things like the AI very obious slowing down for you, SRF forced on in all tests/mission/Goodwood, no difficulty adjustment possible, only short "chase the rabbit" type races )

I really would like to know if PD thinks it is good as it is or if they are acknowledging that many people are not happy with the carrer mode and are willing to do some adjustments.

Will they continue on the route of making the driving experince itself very realistic but the races in career very unrealistic/arcade style ?

1: When will the sound "placeholders" be replaced so the cars sound like cars.
2: How come the endurance races were shortened?
3: Will you improve the AI at last?

YZF
There is no need to ask about sound, they already said that they'll improve it
Kaz only mentioned it between the soup and the potatoes when cornered in by Jordan so to speak. Would be nice if they actually commit to their placeholder promise with an actual date...

SOUNDS!!!
Gee, this is the first time anyone has mentioned sounds. :lol:

Seriously, though andy0a has the top three, let's do get to something else for a question to one of the top dawgs. I'll borrow andy's format.

1. Is there any chance that we'll be getting that Hardcore Mode Kazunori mentioned in GT6 this year?

2. The ability of customization and adding a personal artistic flair to cars have been mentioned before, specifically a livery editor, can we expect anything in the future in terms of editing?

3. Gran Turismo has a wonderful legacy of custom tracks. Will we be getting most or all of them as DLC?

Back