Any questions to Taku Imasaki? UPDATE: questions answered

• Thread starter ron86
  • 355 comments
I'm interested to know how they are going about this sound upgrade KY has referred to

As if they'll tell you the details.....yeah right...

"Kazunori & team are putting effort in this and you will certainly see changes in the future."

The answer which was totally expected. Question wasted.....

So lets ask them again.

Next question. Damage!

I think many questions would receive an answer that is a composite of the following:

"We've listened to the fans and

We would like to do this
We've looked at this
We're working on this

But

There are limitations with the hardware
It is not top priority
It's not possible

Maybe

In the future
In a future update
At some point

We'll see"

IMHO:

About sound.

We knew they are working on it - not if we'll see major overhaul in GT6 or we'll have to wait for GT7. We asked this question to get a clarification on this and to read between the lines of the answer - which again had nothing date-specific but shed more light on the whole process/mentality of sound production they used so far.

Event Creator - I take his answer as a "NO" They never even considered anything like that.

Livery editor - probably on GT7, definitely not in GT6. (he mentions hardware)

All in all - all GT6 problems are caused by their mentality and not technical limitations. They simply work in certain way and that's it - they will either sink the ship or win with the storm but they wont change the course.

Last edited:
I think many questions would receive an answer that is a composite of the following:

We would like to do this
We've looked at this
We're working on this

But

It is not top priority
It's not possible

Maybe

In the future
In a future update
At some point

We'll see"
To me the questions have been answered very honest.

He wrote not just ,,maybe" or something but discribed the reason why things arent like the majority of players want!

To me the questions have been answered very honest.

He wrote not just ,,maybe" or something but discribed the reason why things arent like the majority of players want!

Don't get me wrong, I liked the answer to the sound question, it made a lot of sense to me that this is their reason. You were always going to up against it though, GTPers were always mostly going to use it as a chance to complain, and not to question.

If there were good news on the horizon and they were allowed to talk about it, then it would be announced officially. I think the reasons for things are the best things to question, not what they are going to do about it.

We would like to do this
We've looked at this
We're working on this

But

It is not top priority
It's not possible

Maybe

In the future
In a future update
At some point

We'll see"

Ofcourse, many of us could see this thats why we facepalmed when everyone voted for the top 3 most useless questions and it appeared the OP was actually going to go ahead and ask them, even though he was warned they would lead to nothing and offered proper alternatives that may actually give us some useful information.
And then he did.
And now we have this.

Is there even a point in saying I told you so?

I would not be surprised if there is a round 2 of questions and sounds is voted again and OP actually asks again. Its been over 24 hours since the last sound question we better ask again!

It remands me of a fly banging against a window over and over again. OP should have opened the window by banning pointless questions like sounds, damage, livery as an option, as suggested.

I feel bad for the OP. I bet you he could have asked better questions than what was voted. Sounds is just like asking "why GT6 isn't on PS4"... However, I'm still grateful. 👍

I believe he was just being nice and was listening to the community by representing the most sough after questions. However he should have listened to the vocal minority and took a stance against dumb questions based on the arguments we made.

Hopefully he learns from this experience and any future questions he asks are designed to be targeted and offer the best bang for buck.

That is ofcourse is Taku didnt already facepalm so hard from the sounds questions yet again and wont answer any more gtp based questions.

Taku: "... Kazunori & team Polyphony has a very specific level of technology/visual quality standard that they stick to, and they don't want to sacrifice it by giving too much freedom in the players hands..."

freedom? freedom is exacly what i think GT needs!!! race creator for career mode, livery editor, no ingame economy ... freedom to use gt content/features!

... use them my way!!!

Last edited:
Taku: "... Kazunori & team Polyphony has a very specific level of technology/visual quality standard that they stick to, and they don't want to sacrifice it by giving too much freedom in the players hands..."

freedom? freedom is exacly what i think GT needs!!! race creator for career mode, livery editor, no ingame economy ... freedom to use gt content/features!

In store for gt7. Kaz comes to your house, stands behind you and holds your limp hands while you play so he controls where you go like a kid being taught.

We would like to do this
We've looked at this
We're working on this

But

It is not top priority
It's not possible

Maybe

In the future
In a future update
At some point

We'll see"

This.

I believe he was just being nice and was listening to the community by representing the most sough after questions. However he should have listened to the vocal minority and took a stance against dumb questions based on the arguments we made.

Hopefully he learns from this experience and any future questions he asks are designed to be targeted and offer the best bang for buck.

That is ofcourse is Taku didnt already facepalm so hard from the sounds questions yet again and wont answer any more gtp based questions.

The sound answer has a clear implication that, although the X-cars are using the new sound synthesis technique, they are not actually the final product in terms of aesthetics (they are "sexy", which was a worrying word for Kaz to have used; "authentic" is much more appropriate, and is still distinct from "realistic").

What is still up in the air is whether or not PD can "force" the new, authentic system to work on PS3 - however, we'll certainly get it on PS4. What's interesting about that is the X-cars are using the new (exhaust) synthesis method already on PS3. So what exactly is left to "force"? The suspicion is that there's more to it - perhaps extra layers.

That would be significant, as it would finally patch up the largest hole in GT's car sounds, in my opinion.

Well, the answer of the first question makes it obvious that they are wasting the efforts in the wrong way. I really haven't played any of the Forza games, other than a couple of laps in Forza 3, and the sounds there were incredibly well done. They were accurate, not "13-year-old-kid loud" or compressed and artificial as other games. The most important thing was that all the cars I tested had the right sound sample according to the engine type; something that PD fails miserably in some cases. If good sounds were achieved in an old gen game, then saying that hardware limitations are the problem is no excuse.

The lack of common sense in whoever chooses which sound goes to what car in PD sometimes makes me want to hit my head in a wall. It really isn't that difficult. Yes, YOU! Whoever you are! You wouldn't know the difference between a V10 and a V12 even if you put the engines apart and count the pistons yourself! You know nothing about cars! You shouldn't be working in that company! Since GT2 (GT3 really, since it's the second GT with "accurate" engine sounds) I've been waiting for these inconsistencies to be fixed, god dammit!! Enough is enough.

Sorry for the rant.

I think they were excellent questions and the answers are very clarifying.

My view is that the GT team is trying to force delivering authentic sound thru the playstation console, whereas usually game developers would simplify or filter to make the sound 'game-friendly'.
--》 means "our sounds are always going to be underwhelming"

This one is difficult to answer
--》 means "we're never going to deliver a livery editor"

understand that Kazunori & team Polyphony has a very specific level of technology/visual quality standard that they stick to
--》"standards are good enough"

they don't want to sacrifice it by giving too much freedom in the players hands
--》"we deliberately use paint chips, to make painting as hard as we can"

they are very aware that level of customization always comes top on the list in fans' requests
--》 "but that won't make us change our mind"

as they work on optimizing the code and as the hardware gets updated, you will see improvements in this area as well
--》 "I just said the problem is not the hardware, it's the level of freedom we want to give the player, so actually I'm just bull****ting you, as there will never be a livery editor"

Much more updates to come over the next weeks/months for GT6, with regards to the online community feature updates!

--》"there will be no new features other than some community features till at least May"

Unbelievable. That really bums me out. We knew what he would likely say for the first two questions, but I was very interested in this one. It extends the game with PD barely having to lift a finger.

All I really wanted was a confirmation of whether or not they were planning this for GT6. I wasn't looking for a release date or feature list/promises. This is pretty disappointing, though sadly not at all surprising. :rolleyes::banghead::ouch:

I wish we had used a question on community interaction/outreach but we likely would have gotten a canned "we are always interested in connecting with our fans" type 🤬 response.

Oh well. Thanks for trying @ron86. 👍

[Slight edit for readability]

Last edited:
Back