Any Star Trek fans here?

  • Thread starter Thread starter STFan
  • 22 comments
  • 1,008 views
Messages
10
Any Star Trek fans here?
What's your favorite series?
 
Heck yeah! TNG was the bomb-diggity. Picard knows how to run a ship.
 
Fo sizzle my nizzle!

TNG is my favorite, but I do like some moments in DS9 and Voyager. Though, Enterprise is a complete turd.
 
TNG was my favorite with Voyager close behind. Heck, I still watch reruns of it on SpikeTV whenever I can. Enterprise is a decent series but I wish they would change that dang intro... the song is horrible.
 
I like the post-Yar, TNG. I also enjoyed Voyager and the last two or three seasons of DS9. But I agree that Enterprise is a bomb.
I do like certain episodes of the Original. "The Menagerie" standing out as the best one.
Kirk was never as cool as Picard.
 
Agreed. TNG is where it's at. Voyager second, and DS9 next. Of course they were all better in their later years. Except when DS9 went all crazy with the worm profit people. That was just lame.
 
Voyager 👍


The only series I enjoy.


EDIT: What series voyager is on in the States?
 
Originally posted by Matrixhasu77
TNG was my favorite with Voyager close behind. Heck, I still watch reruns of it on SpikeTV whenever I can. Enterprise is a decent series but I wish they would change that dang intro... the song is horrible.

👍 I totally agree with that.
 
Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Voyager 👍


The only series I enjoy.


EDIT: What series voyager is on in the States?

It's over ... there were a total of seven I believe. TNG and DS9 are available on DVD. I assume Voyager will be ready for next Christmas.
 
TNG all the way. It got a lot better with the non striped uniforms (the stripe around theshoulder). Voyager bored me after a while, as did DS9, although, the last season of DS9 was spectacular. Same with the ending to voyager.
 
I'm a fan of the original Shatner-era Star Trek. The others could never decide whether to take themselves seriously or not. That wasn't even a question with the original... but you could take it seriously anyway.

I do like Picard and the first few seasons of TNG, but Kirk is where it's at.
 
I love Star Trek. There are aspects that don't register with me, but Star Trek is still second to no other show (IMHO). When looking at TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, & ENT - TNG wins.


I hated Star Trek Nemesis. What did everyone think of TNG's latest movie?



Please Note ~ Those that enjoy Star Trek might enjoy visiting the website that I linked to in my profile...
 
The Voyager ending was lame. All of the hardship the crew went through and battles with the Borg all comes down too a stupid one-liner from Janeway? Lame. :rolleyes:

Nemesis was also lame. They tried to put in too many action scenes (that weren't good to begin with) and tried to put a story around them. You knew the death at the end was coming, but you were forced to watch it helplessly.

Hopefully, they'll move on to a younger crew for the next movie.
 
Nemesis wasn't horrible, but it wasn't really 'good' either. At best it's "renter" class. My favorite movie was Insurrection.

My favorite character(s) ... Jordi is really cool and is often not given enough credit. Plus, I really like Lavar Burton - I think he's a good guy. Yeah, Picard ... but everyone says that. I actually like Janeway and The Doctor as well.
 
I love Star Trek. I think I've seen every episode from every series. :D
 
Voyager was the best. I started watching it during Voyager so I don't know about The Next Generation. But my dad always watched it for as long as I could remember so I got a taste of the oldies.
 
DS9 all the way, although I liked TNG as well (some really great characters there.) DS9's continuing plotline just kept me going more than any other ST series.
Voyager was a bomb and I quit watching a few seasons in (although occasionally went back to check it out.) It just got far too ruched at the end, it needed a much longer story arc to really flesh out the ending a 7 year voyage deserved.
Enterprise didn't grab me at all. It took all the worst parts of Star Trek and wrapped it into a nice package with Scott Bakula (who's the greatest) at the helm hoping he could pull it through (he can't). They write him and the engineer as kind of "space rednecks."
:odd:
 
i have watched every episode of every series and all the movies i liked them all and i think enterprise will get better if it makes it through 3 seasons cuase i kinda know what direction they are taking it and you need to really watch enterprise and realize what era they are in and if you read the books it goes along with the ones set in that era so it is good you just goto understand it more
 
the day i go see a star trek film is the day the whole ship blows up with everyone on it.
 
tng and voyager are my fav, i have to give it up to the "year of hell" ep in voyager. it had red from that 70's show and they used the word incursion, now thats a word that you dont hear everyday, and makes you turn your head.
 
Yeah, that's my favorite Voyager episode too. It really stands out from the rest of the episodes.
 
TNG was pretty good, the others I could take or leave. I've seen every single episode of TNG multiple times (used to live with a girl who was obsessed with it).

But the main problem with it was that is was a bit mealy-mouthed. It was a bit Dawson's Creek half the time, and there wasn't nearly enough actual battling (cf Babylon 5). I think that overall that made the series weak. You never believed that they would just stand up and fight. Although Worf was a hard dude.

I did enjoy Nemesis, although I watched it on a plane, and therefore can't really comment (it was either that or 8Mile, which I'd already seen 6 times, or Analyze That, which I'd already seen twice).
 
Back