TV Star Trek: Picard

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, & TV' started by Famine, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Famine

Famine Administrator

Three proper moments (no spoilers, watch it!) in this trailer...

... I'm so engaged right now.

*please don't be Discovery level pap*

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    gregc likes this.
  2. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Yea, really hoping this doesn't suck. It should be glorious, like when the walls fell at Tenagra.

3. gregc

gregc

Very excited by this, for all sorts of reasons I won't mention in respect of @Famine no spoilers comment.

However, the main thing, the overriding thing above all else that has me wanting to see this is simply this: It's new Trek, and it's NOT A DAMN PREQUEL :D :D. I've been waiting since I gave up on Voyager about halfway through for them to take the story forward, and finally it looks like we're going to get that.

So yeah. Please don't be rubbish.

4. Famine

Famine Administrator

First, I lolled:

upload_2019-7-22_20-1-20.png

Then I realised that 5843 days is 16 years. Star Trek: Nemesis occurred roughly 20 years before the events of Star Trek: Picard, when NCC-1701E was already seven years old, so it would have been 11 years old 16 years before Picard...

... so could this be Enterprise E? I half-thought it looked like the upper level of main engineering from First Contact, but it's not quite right. Few Enterprises make it as far as 11 anway. Although 1701 was 20 when Kirk scuttled it, A was seven when decommissioned, D was six when destroyed (or 36 in the All Good Things... future timeline) and NX-01 only got to eight.

5. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Patrick Stewart and John Lithgow are two of my favorite actors and performers....

These are truly naturally skilled artists....

Got so much respect for their charisma