Any stores planning a midnight launch?

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 658 comments
with all this talk of people canceling their preorders at gamestop since they didn't do a midnight launch and going to walmart instead, I was shocked to see NO ONE in the electronics dept asking for the game. I looked around for about 10 min, still no one ever showed up, bought a 6pk of beer, toothpaste and wild cherry pepsi.

My walmarts had no collectors editions.... scratch midnight.... 9AM collectors edition is preordered at best buy.... i guess i can wait a few more hours :(

ha, I just back from Walmart. They had the spot for GT5, but no GT5 @ 11:10 PM.

f5856bc5.jpg

Didn't see a space for the collectors edition...

I ordered mine at Gamestop anyway, I was in Walmart for other reasons. :crazy:

Got my copy, there was one other guy who was waiting for roughly an hour, I guess he was thinking a lot of folks were going to show up to buy the game..

Same here as far as pre-orders go, I had a pre-order with eb games, but canceled it since I got my copy from walmart. Teach those suckers to neglect GT fans. :sly:

Just got mine at midnight at Wal-Mart in Tulsa, OK. Worst. Customer. Service. EVER. Not that I expect much from a Wal-Mart at midnight, but the employee in the electronics department was ridiculous! Oh well, at least I've got it and it's installing now. T-minus 40 minutes...

Just got mine at midnight at Wal-Mart in Tulsa, OK. Worst. Customer. Service. EVER. Not that I expect much from a Wal-Mart at midnight, but the employee in the electronics department was ridiculous! Oh well, at least I've got it and it's installing now. T-minus 40 minutes...

I live in Tulsa.....which walmart did you go to?

Seattle represent! Have mine pre ordered at best buy, probably going to Walmart tonight to pick one up as well!

Is there a 24 hour Walmart around Seattle? I looked on their website but couldn't find one... or maybe I just don't know how to search.

Just back from the WalMart on Raintree and the 101 - now installing! WOO HOO!!

And if the guy in the Ferrari hat who was one of the first few of us waiting for the game reads this, PM me if you would. Would like to know more about the "local racing scene" you started to mention. I'm the guy with the Indianapolis Red E60 who backed lightly into a camouflaged shopping cart when leaving the parking lot, lmao! DOH!

Last edited:
Congrats to all the people that have their copies. im sitting at work hoping 5.30pm comes around very quickly... im thinking of trying to persuade my manager to let me finish early im owed some hours :)

has anybody managed to find the CE at WalMart, or just the standard? If I can get the CE, I'll go there right now, but it takes a lot for me to be willing to deal with WM.

has anybody managed to find the CE at WalMart, or just the standard? If I can get the CE, I'll go there right now, but it takes a lot for me to be willing to deal with WM.

I just came back from walmart, every single copy of GT they had was bone dry, they didn't have the collectors edition, it was the only game that was sold out lol.

It's ok, I get my Collectors edition in 7 and a half hours, time to go to sleep and wake up like it's xmas morning with a present waiting for me at the store :D

I just came back from walmart, every single copy of GT they had was bone dry, they didn't have the collectors edition, it was the only game that was sold out lol.

It's ok, I get my Collectors edition in 7 and a half hours, time to go to sleep and wake up like it's xmas morning with a present waiting for me at the store :D

It hasn't turned midnight here yet, so I should be able to get it if they have any.

Went to my local wal mart at 11:55pm, first stop was the automotive dept and picked up some Mobil 1 oil for my RSX, then over to Electronics area. I was the 2nd person (1st person was some hispanic kid) in line and the lady just turned around, reached in a box and couldn't see the front cover. I said "which one is that?" and she flipped it around and said "yep, that's what I want".

The chubby kid behind me was buying the same game... So there was 3 of us in line in a town with a population of ~52,000

Just got back from JB HiFi @ Knox shopping centre in Melbourne, was just after 11:30pm. Not many people there, heaps of copies available. Just started the install, says 20 mins to go.....:drool:

I went to Wal Mart and got mine, there were a bunch of GT nuts that had the same idea, there were no pre-orders, just people asking if we wanted the game and a box full of GT5 copies.

You guys are gonna freakin' love it. I started playing around 1:20AM last night after picking up my copy from Walmart @ midnight. Needless to say, I didn't go to bed till 5Am lol and that's because I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore..

The game is absolutely S I C K !!

Well worth the wait guys, I almost cried of excitement at the end of the intro movie lol

Does anyone know if the ease of finding a copy is pretty good? I was thinking about going to Best Buy around lunch time to pick up a copy.

Back