Any update on selling cars yet?

• Thread starter IcySlivers
  • 280 comments
I just can't believe micro transactions are the reason behind this...
Also hard to believe there is demand for it, come on, in Europe you pay 10 euro for 750k, that you can get in 25 minutes at Sardegna or Tokyo. Ok, you can say players in lower levels don't have access to this races, but then, also shouldn't have meaningful cars to sell also, so they wouldn't make that much money selling them. The new McLaren MP4/4 would cost 4*20 euro to get 8 mil credits.

I believe they clearly misjudged when decided to increase 700% the mtx from GTS and would make more money on the long run with other strategies, even because we only really to buy the most expensive cars for our ego, as we don't really need most of them, except for collection or emotional bond.
You're forgetting the whales and general rich folk. Whilst you or I will look at the MT prices and decide "no, I'm never paying for those", people with money to burn will have absolutely no problem just dropping €80 for the McLaren.

These are the only people many gacha mobile games target. They don't care about you or I spending €2 once or twice. The whale spending €500 a month is what they're after.

Personally, I think selling cars is something that they want to work with the Hagerty pricing. So that you can invest in a car for 13 mil and then sell it at a later date for 14mil.

To those asking why would someone sell cars:

Because I want the credits to buy the vehicles I actually want to drive. I work full time and also have to spend time with my gf and friends so I have an actual fulfilling life. I don’t want to grind credits for days of my life just to buy a digital car that I want. Selling cars would make this happen faster. Just want to drive what I actually want to drive in a game I’m paying my hard earned money for. Shouldn’t be that confusing. Jfc.

To those asking why would someone sell cars:

Because I want the credits to buy the vehicles I actually want to drive. I work full time and also have to spend time with my gf and friends so I have an actual fulfilling life. I don’t want to grind credits for days of my life just to buy a digital car that I want. Selling cars would make this happen faster. Just want to drive what I actually want to drive in a game I’m paying my hard earned money for. Shouldn’t be that confusing. Jfc.
I understand that.
Just 1 question: how did you get the cars that you now want to sell?

You're forgetting the whales and general rich folk. Whilst you or I will look at the MT prices and decide "no, I'm never paying for those", people with money to burn will have absolutely no problem just dropping €80 for the McLaren.

These are the only people many gacha mobile games target. They don't care about you or I spending €2 once or twice. The whale spending €500 a month is what they're after.
I have money to burn.
But I would rather swallow razer blades than spend anything close to € 80 on any single in-game car. I am not that crazy.

@Boxster
I haven’t because I don’t own the game. Not going to buy it until they add a host of super basic features. Clearly you didn’t read the OP.
Indeed I didn't.
But then there is little reason for you to want to sell cars. Because PD will not allow the selling of gift cars. They never have and they certainly will not now with people sitting on a hundred Honda's from the bug.

Ah. I did not know that. When?
Pretty much every Gran Turismo game has had the ability to sell gift cars (can't speak on GT Sport, don't remember too much about GT5./6), although GT4 also had some cars that didn't have a value for some reason, so instead of selling it, you'd just be removing it from your garage.

As far as I'm aware, GT7 is the first Gran Turismo game in which you're 100% stuck with a car once it's added to your collection.

Well maybe they can let you sell certain gift cars, I mean if people are mostly running low on credits, it's best to go to the used car dealership.

Well maybe they can let you sell certain gift cars, I mean if people are mostly running low on credits, it's best to go to the used car dealership.
Nope. Just buy Credits with real money. That's what this is all about, right? ;)

Pretty much every Gran Turismo game has had the ability to sell gift cars (can't speak on GT Sport, don't remember too much about GT5./6), although GT4 also had some cars that didn't have a value for some reason, so instead of selling it, you'd just be removing it from your garage.

As far as I'm aware, GT7 is the first Gran Turismo game in which you're 100% stuck with a car once it's added to your collection.
Well, I started with GT5 and iirc no GT since that allowed selling gift cars. So perhaps in GT4 or before, but that was before MTX. Can't see it happening now, but some posters here are definitely blue in the face from holding their breath.

They didn't come from roulette spins - and since they weren't actually a necessary part of the infinite engine ticket glitch, anyone with "a whole heckuva heap" of them pretty much has only themselves to blame for that.

Actually... it wasn't. Selling was (or rather "sell" if I remember the blurb correctly - "buy, tune, race and sell your way", with no Oxford comma), but selling cars specifically wasn't. Slightly academic as you can't sell anything at all, but an important distinction if you're going to be making an argument (or, as has been posited several times, a lawsuit) based on it.

Also the advertising is on Sony, not PD. SIE handles all promotion and external comms. So really you're calling for PD to stick to SIE's word...

Edit: Some people have really weird reactions to dispassionate, objective information... ------------->
It's literally in the art... er advertising ;)

"Sell"...your soul...
5ell your 5oul on Di5play...

Nope. Just buy Credits with real money. That's what this is all about, right? ;)
Yeah, you're right, but I'll have to work even harder cause see the credits won't be as high in the Campaign mode events as they were in GT Sport.

Well, I started with GT5 and iirc no GT since that allowed selling gift cars. So perhaps in GT4 or before, but that was before MTX. Can't see it happening now, but some posters here are definitely blue in the face from holding their breath.
That explains why you couldn't remember a GT that allowed the selling of gift/prize cars. They had it through GT4.

I have money to burn.
But I would rather swallow razer blades than spend anything close to € 80 on any single in-game car. I am not that crazy.

I’ve been rolling this over for several months trying to figure gure out PD’s reasons for their pricing. Either they’re being lazy with the pricing of their MTX’s, Sony is forcing PD to have them - and PD in some sort of protest decided to price them sky-high (doubtful as I’m guessing Sony has control over MTX pricing), or they have some sort of research that indicates the current pricing is the most lucrative. I’ve said it a bunch of times, if GT7’s MTX price schedule was more reminiscent of GTS, I’d probably have 100 bucks into the game via MTX’s

Personally, I think selling cars is something that they want to work with the Hagerty pricing. So that you can invest in a car for 13 mil and then sell it at a later date for 14mil.
I personally believe they’re at a crossroads, they can’t possibly charge hagerty prices without honoring them in return when you decide to sell.

So they can do the right thing and stick with hagerty for both buying and selling, or remove hagerty all together, and only pay us 25% of the cars value.

Guess we wait and see.

I understand that.
Just 1 question: how did you get the cars that you now want to sell?

I have money to burn.

Agree, and I too wouldn't drop money on cars at such outlandish prices, buy just vecause yiu or I wouldn't, doesn't mean others wouldn't.

Frankly I don't agree with 'it's only a video game' aspect. People 'waste' money on a sorts whether that's 2k on a few hours with an attractive hooker or 300k on a car which many may see as something that gets you a to b. Each to their own. £80 is the equivalent to a few £ for some.

Last edited:
I have money to burn.
Not enough, obviously. We're talking about people who for €80 may as well be 80 cents. It's nothing.

They didn't come from roulette spins - and since they weren't actually a necessary part of the infinite engine ticket glitch, anyone with "a whole heckuva heap" of them pretty much has only themselves to blame for that.

Actually... it wasn't. Selling was (or rather "sell" if I remember the blurb correctly - "buy, tune, race and sell your way", with no Oxford comma), but selling cars specifically wasn't. Slightly academic as you can't sell anything at all, but an important distinction if you're going to be making an argument (or, as has been posited several times, a lawsuit) based on it.

Also the advertising is on Sony, not PD. SIE handles all promotion and external comms. So really you're calling for PD to stick to SIE's word...

Edit: Some people have really weird reactions to dispassionate, objective information... ------------->
so why we cant sell cars excatly why gt 1 2 3 4 5 6 have more content and we could sell cars from the beginning,is it because we have to buy money in game? or they dont do so much to please us im really upset with the new update and still lacking content like more races and championships

Ah. I did not know that. When?
In earlier versions. I want to say GT4 and earlier but I could be wrong. There were events where you could win money and a car as a prize and then sell the car that you won. It even had B Spec mode where your driver could run the race automatically for you and win you a car which you could sell. It was the easiest way to make money back then. You've also add daily prize cars that you could sell and even gift to PSN friends.

It did say game maintance as well

No, it doesn't.

Screenshot_20220831-115500_Chrome.jpg

I am struggling to get too excited about whether we can sell cars or not. Sure, it was mentioned early on and not delivered (yet), but that's not unusual. We've seen this before with games and movie trailers with action that doesn't make it into the game or movie.

Is it disappointing? Maybe. Maybe not. I see it as part of the creative process. To generate early interest in a game or movie, the advertising teams have to produce trailers before it is finished. This means that they have to make claims about it based on an unfinished product. If there is a last minute change this can mean that the trailer includes footage or claims that are not in the final product.

That's not an ideal situation, but it happens.

For me, I've seen this happen so many times that it doesn't bother me.

YMMV.

Back