Any update on selling cars yet?

• Thread starter IcySlivers
  • 280 comments
Whatever they put out for selling cars will always be limited with the stupid Hagerty deal setting prices. Surely you can’t sell gift cars either which is where most duplicates come from.

They also sell credits for real money.

I kinda hope it's not as simple as selling cars has been in previous GT games. Instead, I hope we can put them in a secondary market, not necessarily where people could bid on them, but where their price will be affected by upgrades, but especially by stuff like how many times it's finished in the top five positions in a race, or how many gold/silver/bronze finishes has it completed for the online time trials. This would also give players a further incentive to use their own cars for Sport Mode events instead of renting.

Last edited:
they'll never allow you to sell cars, and if they do, it will be for pennies on the dollar for what you paid and severely restricted in other ways. they want you to buy credits with real money, and if you get a car you don't like as a gift or buy a car on accident or end up not liking a car and wanting to sell it, you can pound sand and buy some credits with real money. welcome to AAA gaming in 2022. it's all gambling for lootboxe$$$$

Last edited:
they'll never allow you to sell cars
Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term Updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com:

・Increase the reward payout of limited-time events as we develop as a live service;
 ・Addition of more World Circuits events;
 ・Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races;
 ・Addition of online Time Trials with rewards based on the player’s position in the online rankings;
 ・Being able to sell cars.

Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term Updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com:

・Increase the reward payout of limited-time events as we develop as a live service;
 ・Addition of more World Circuits events;
 ・Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races;
 ・Addition of online Time Trials with rewards based on the player’s position in the online rankings;
 ・Being able to sell cars.

Of that list:
  • Increase the reward payout of limited-time events as we develop as a live service; - Can't tell you as I haven't tried those limited-time events.
  • Addition of more World Circuits events; - We've had 28 events added since that message, though other than the Meta Three added mid-April and the hour-long event at Spa at the end of April, none of them pay more than 800,000 Cr. (give or take loading time) per hour.
  • Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races; - We got The Human Comedy, a set of 1-hour endurance races, in mid-April but nothing since.
  • Addition of online Time Trials with rewards based on the player’s position in the online rankings; - Check, though you have to be a decent driver to get even bronze.
  • Being able to sell cars. - Not yet.

Last edited:
Of that list:
  • Increase the reward payout of limited-time events as we develop as a live service; - Can't tell you as I haven't tried those limited-time events.
  • Addition of more World Circuits events; - We've had 28 events added since that message, though other than the Meta Three added mid-April and the hour-long event at Spa at the end of April, none of them pay more than 800,000 Cr. (give or take loading time) per hour.
  • Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races; - We got The Human Comedy, a set of 1-hour endurance races, in mid-April but nothing since.
  • Addition of online Time Trials with rewards based on the player’s position in the online rankings; - Check, though you have to be a decent driver to get even bronze.
  • Being able to sell cars. - Not yet.
To be fair, I expect the 24-hour mission to require mid-race saving feature being coded so I'll give a slack for that part. But again, with months of some of these (mainly car selling) not yet fully delivered or only delivered in the month after that incident, things seem to be awfully close to the Intellivision Keyboard Component scandal in which Mattel was fined $10,000/month by the FTC in 1982 until it was fully retailed.

Well, I started with GT5 and iirc no GT since that allowed selling gift cars. So perhaps in GT4 or before, but that was before MTX. Can't see it happening now, but some posters here are definitely blue in the face from holding their breath.

No wonder you try to defend GT7 for what it is... You missed playing the best Gran Turismo games which were 1 through 4 (at the time of release), and started where the GT franchise started going downhill, with GT5.

But, you could still sell cars in GT5 (and IIRC GT6 as well), but only cars that were valued at less than 1 million (or was it 500k?) credits. Even the prize cars. I remember this well because I remember one of the events, it was an extreme event as well, that gave me a pathetic MP4-12C McLaren and I sold it right away as I already had one and fully tuned as well.

No wonder you try to defend GT7 for what it is... You missed playing the best Gran Turismo games which were 1 through 4 (at the time of release), and started where the GT franchise started going downhill, with GT5.

But, you could still sell cars in GT5 (and IIRC GT6 as well), but only cars that were valued at less than 1 million (or was it 500k?) credits. Even the prize cars. I remember this well because I remember one of the events, it was an extreme event as well, that gave me a pathetic MP4-12C McLaren and I sold it right away as I already had one and fully tuned as well.
Still clinging to your favourite strawman are you? I am not defending GT7. I am just not interested in repeating "I hate GT7" a thousand times.

While it’s true GT1-4 released with almost universal acclaim. They where certainly products of their time. Today they are still good games. With ‘game’ being the operative word.

GT5 was overly ambitious. But also failed to address many legacy issues. I didn’t play GT6 as I’d already moved onto PS4. Once again it seemed more of the same with a new lick of paint.

The focus of GTS wasn’t my cup of tea but I accepted PD where re-building the fundamentals. GT7 for me is the most enjoyable Gran Turismo I’ve played to date. I accept the game’s structure isn’t to some peoples liking. But the driving experience, attention to detail, and ability to indulge in all aspects of car culture. Is what keeps me playing daily and looking forward to future updates.

Oh, and as for selling cars. Yes, it should have been included day 1. That said, I don’t think it will fundamentally change how anyone plays the game.

Last edited:
While it’s true GT1-4 released with almost universal acclaim. They where certainly products of their time. Today they are still good games. With ‘game’ being the operative word.

GT5 was overly ambitious. But also failed to address many legacy issues. I didn’t play GT6 as I’d already moved onto PS4. Once again it seemed more of the same with a new lick of paint.

The focus of GTS wasn’t my cup of tea but I accepted PD where re-building the fundamentals. GT7 for me is the most enjoyable Gran Turismo I’ve played to date. I accept the game’s structure isn’t to some peoples liking. But the driving experience, attention to detail, and ability to indulge in all aspects of car culture. Is what keeps me playing daily and looking forward to future updates.

Don't disagree with what you stated in the least.

GT7 is still playable for me, precisely because of the reasons you stated. The attention to detail, car lore and driving experience (which keeps getting better IMO). But this can only go so far for a huge amount of the playerbase. Probably car enthusiasts or people who just really love cars and driving them can keep up with how things have been.
But the game's structure is a complete mess, with no way of progressing like any other "career" based GT that we had, that we would start with a low-level car, win low-level events to get medium-level cars to compete in medium-level events and so on, that we would require actual licenses to participate in a given race. I loved this aspect of GT, far better than what any other car games, namely sim-cades, could do.

AC never appealed to me and never will if it stays the way it is. Only has a very limited amount of cars and you can't do anything with them other than drive them. Physics are second to none yes, but that's about it. As a game, it's simply not as fun, and not to mention the controller support is trash, GT again nails it in this aspect.

I only say bad things about this game because I want it to improve on them. I know the game has positive things, but why should I talk about them when I already know they are good and should stay as is? Simply doesn't merit discussion if its already good. The bad things however have to be pointed out and receive criticism, so that they can be taken notice and get fixed/changed for the better.

Last edited:
Neat, I had expected it would be something like a reverse UCD where you could only sell what was "in demand" per day, but this is also an intriguing concept for it.

It's interesting that you have to get your car appraised, cars having fluctuating prices means people will probably be waiting a while to sell what they want to, as it might not be worth it otherwise. Which.. sounds about right for GT7.

Last edited:
Selling only duplicates defeats the purpose as it implies you'll still be stuck with at least one of every car still. The whole point of a selling feature it get rid of not only duplicates but non-dupes you don't like/want/need etc. If this is how it's going to be come final build time then PD have once again dropped the ball.

Last edited:
Neat, I had expected it would be something like a reverse UCD where you could only sell what was "in demand" per day, but this is also an intriguing concept for it.

It's interesting that you have to get your car appraised, cars having fluctuating prices means people will probably be waiting a while to sell what they want to, as it might not be worth it otherwise. Which.. sounds about right for GT7.
Pretty much what a few others and myself surmised what selling cars in GT7 would look like.

I dig it. Can't wait for launch

Last edited:
Hmm, so someone like me, with up 40+ duplicates of certain cars. Example being my AE86s. They’re all tuned to N2 specs with about 150,000 Cr. worth of parts and upgrades, each. Seems like it’ll take a long time to cull my garage. However, it’s still not going to matter if I can’t get rid of a lone model I don’t want.

I wasn’t expecting as many details as what Nenkai has said, but then again the feature won’t be of use to me anyway, only have half the cars :lol: definitely not enough to worry about selling

Hmm, so someone like me, with up 40+ duplicates of certain cars. Example being my AE86s. They’re all tuned to N2 specs with about 150,000 Cr. worth of parts and upgrades, each. Seems like it’ll take a long time to cull my garage. However, it’s still not going to matter if I can’t get rid of a lone model I don’t want.

In reality, the ROI of modded cars isn’t that great IRL. So it makes sense that the added value of modded cars is going to be nerfed. I’ll be curious to see how wide-bodies of classic cars in GT7 will fare.

Last edited:
Some pretty in-depth details on how car selling will work.

nintendo-rage.gif

I’ll be curious to see how wide-bodies of classic cars in GT7 will fare.
I'm interested to see this too. I would imagine a widebody on a classic car would actually decrease its value, but it is always possible PD might make the widebody increase car value.

Last edited:
Selling only duplicates defeats the purpose as it implies you'll still be stuck with at least one of every car still. The whole point of a selling feature it get rid of not only duplicates but non-dupes you don't like/want/need etc. If this is how it's going to be come final build time then PD have once again dropped the ball.
If that's really how it's going to be then it's probably because of the Car Collector aspect, which the game presents to you as the big final final goal to accomplish. If you sold your last copy of a car your collection would actually shrink, which would go against that set goal.

Damnit PD, have you never played Pokemon? If you evolve or release a Pokemon, the Pokedex entry stays with you!

At this point for me it is more about false advertisement than anything (because I don't need credits, I got credits from Tomahawk and engine glitch). It would be nice to have a feature in game that was advertised. Not breaking news material but atleast PD would do something which they promised to do.
View attachment 1177597
Source: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10000956

View attachment 1177595
Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/25/gran-turismo-7-an-update-from-polyphony-digital/#sf254892831

Probably most of the players didn't use glitch from last month and new players won't have a chance to use it (same as Tomahawk at Tokyo). So anyone who in the future will want to complete collection is stuck to Tokyo, Spa, Le Mans and Sardegna because PD is stubborn with prizes in other events (especially new one) for some reason. Imagine having more than 100 events in game and only 4 are worth the effort 🤣 . I guess for PD it makes sense.

Oh wait

View attachment 1177591

I guess it isn't possible for PD if they didn't manage to adjust prizes of ~100 events sinceView attachment 1177592

Source: https://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-responds-gt7-outrage-20220318/
I will just keep quoting myself I guess xD

First off, seemingly it'll work within the used car dealership. It's unknown whether there is a restricted list of cars that you can sell that will cycle through. You can (and will have to) appraise a car to assess of its valuation. This is the main limitation.

Sounds good. Better than a simple sell button. I do wonder how much time it will take to assess the valuation of a car. I do hope its 1 day tops and not ******** like 1 week.

Engine Swaps will increase the tuning sell price of a car by a bit, but in general fitted parts will increase the sell price by 10% of the part's price (assuming unchanged). Of course, mileage also plays a part into the valuation.

Neat. As expected.

Only non-duplicate, non-DLC and non-loaned cars from Manufacturers can be sold from what I can see. The price that you can sell cars for is based on the server but is expected to be like older games, 1/5 or so.

Previous games was 1/4. 1/5th is still better than absolutely nothing, so I can take and accept that. 1/5th of a 20 million car is still 4 million credits.

As for not being able to sell duplicates...
You're joking right?

Correction: Duplicates can be sold, but only duplicates.

Ah... that's more like it. Still, a lot of people don't want all the cars, so this could still be an issue. I personally am fine with this because I do plan on having at least 1 of each car so this doesn't affect me.

All in all!? This is sounding waaaay too good to be true. This is PD we are talking about... There has to be some limitation, they are way too "creative" to make all of this so practical and "simple"

The amount of times you can appraise a car is limited per day ...

Of course... There is always a catch.

This again is going to depend on that "limit". If it's 10 or more cars per day, I don't think many people will be bothered by this. 1 or 2 per day however would be insulting.

This is coupled of course with that "time to assess" a car's valuation. Imagine being able to sell a car but you can only sell 2 per day and need to wait 1 week for them to be valuated.
🤡

It still leaves a question mark over if we can sell cars we won with tickets. Not specifically mentioned either way, so here's hoping it's not an issue as there's where all of my duplicates come from. I haven't bought any of the same car twice yet, as I still can't afford all of the Legendary Dealership cars.

I wonder if the value of the appraised cars will go up or down depending on how many are being sold by players. If so and we can sell cars won from prize tickets, I can se the value of NSX Gr.B's plummeting.

Last edited:
Didn't read everyone's post, so apologies if it's been mentioned, we have to have 10 of the same car for a Trophy, surely that's too many and should definitely guarantee our ability to sell

Back