Anybody Bought The Gillet Vertigo From The OCD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ferrari_1996
  • 41 comments
  • 3,431 views
Its yellow.
 
i was wondering the same thing, anybody?
 
i think it has 4 wheels - omg

cmon LOCK this
 
i think it has 4 wheels - omg
:sly:
cmon LOCK this
Heaven forbid somebody asks a question about a car, in Q and A. Your attempts at humour are laughable and your pleas to the mods sound childish. 👎

OP: I haven't bought it yet but was wondering the same. I'll probably just buy it for completion's sake but I wouldn't mind somebody chiming in.
 
Bought it from the UCD a while back and love it. One of the best sounding cars, but handles like it's allergic to full throttle when stock. There are some good tunes out there though. Give it a shot or you'll regret it when it's not there!
 
Heaven forbid somebody asks a question about a car, in Q and A. Your attempts at humour are laughable and your pleas to the mods sound childish. 👎

Agreed, what's wrong with asking a legitimate, short and easy to understand question? Some people have too much time on their hands:boggled:

As for the car, I own one and was dissappointed, although I have not tested it thoroughly. I bought it from the first ever OCD (I think), so it's been a while. On paper it's a beast, but from memory I remember it being at the bottom of it's class, with it's rivals destroying it.

I think it competes in like the wind, and is usually the first one you lap on Indy.

If you dont have anything else to spend your Cr. on get one, as it is still a fast car. If you do, buy something else.

All opinion of course, but hope it helps:tup:
 
I've bought it. I'll share it so if anybody wants to try it out they can.

Heaven forbid somebody asks a question about a car, in Q and A. Your attempts at humour are laughable and your pleas to the mods sound childish. 👎

OP: I haven't bought it yet but was wondering the same. I'll probably just buy it for completion's sake but I wouldn't mind somebody chiming in.

Have you bought it? If so, how is it like?

Bought it from the UCD a while back and love it. One of the best sounding cars, but handles like it's allergic to full throttle when stock. There are some good tunes out there though. Give it a shot or you'll regret it when it's not there!

Can you send me a link to one of the tunes?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to double-post, simply use the multi-quote function or edit your first post.

Also, bump posts, especially after... 13 minutes, will be considered spam. Try to be more patient.
 
I've bought it. I'll share it so if anybody wants to try it out they can.



Have you bought it? If so, how is it like?



Can you send me a link to one of the tunes?


Buy everthing and tune as below its great but will bite bac if you dont take care.

Settings:
Aerodynamics: 34 / 50
Transmission: 242 Indy 217 (good for suzuka)
Initial Torque: -- / 34
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 22
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 20
Ride Height: -14 / -12
Spring Rate: 17.2 / 16.8
Extension: 7 / 8
Compression: 6 / 7
Anti-roll Bars: 6 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.6 / 2.2
Toe Angle: -0.08 / 0.12
Brake Balance: 8 / 6
 
It's like a Speed 12, except it handles better.
 
Shall I Buy High RPM Turbo and rigity improvement for it?
 
It is Fast and Fun. Very exciting to try and drive fast. The more cautious you drive the better lap times you will have. A definate must have. But cannot compete with the best of the best...
 
Does anybody want to borrow the Gillet? I've shared it so if you want to try it out add me. My PSN is Ferrari_1996
 
I bought it fom my UCD a while ago.
I love it.
58.8xx around Rome .... quit fast :D (maybe better but clearly under 1 minute) (56.7 with my R10 TDI for comparison)

I don´t buy the Rigidity thing, because I think the Car handles worse after the installment. (not only for the Gillet)

This Car is very challenging but fun and rewarding (throttle control etc.).

PS: I added a bit of Ballast (about 10kg to get a round weight;)) to the rear
=> for me it doesn´t produce so much understeer
=> corners better
=> faster for me in terms of Lap-Time

Try it maybe it works for you too.
 
Last edited:
I bought it fom my UCD a while ago.
I love it.
58.8xx around Rome .... quit fast :D (maybe better but clearly under 1 minute) (56.7 with my R10 TDI for comparison)

I don´t buy the Rigidity thing, because I think the Car handles worse after the installment. (not only for the Gillet)

This Car is very challenging but fun and rewarding (throttle control etc.).

PS: I added a bit of Ballast (about 10kg to get a round weight;)) to the rear
=> for me it doesn´t produce so much understeer
=> corners better
=> faster for me in terms of Lap-Time

Try it maybe it works for you too.

Shall I Buy High RPM Turbo?
 
I bought it just for the fun and the sickness (its a monster in straightline acceleration with or without Turbo).
But it´s more driveable without the Turbo.
And you won´t need the extra hp because the low weight and already high amount of hp ;)
 
I got it from the UCD after seeing it in one of the grind races at the back of the pack.It seems to work better maxed out on tuning after test sessions on the trial mountain track and had comparable times to the gt40 and lower end ferrari's.you are more than welcome to borrow it if you want,PSN ID murphco.
 
Ok, and if i do get the turbo, its better to get the High RPM as opposed to Mid RPM, right?
 
:OMG: THIS IS FAST AND UNCONTROLLABLE! Even more than GT4!
 
Ok, and if i do get the turbo, its better to get the High RPM as opposed to Mid RPM, right?

If you want a hp boost get the Mid RPM -- High won't get you that much more in speed and drivability. It does well on tight tracks but can't compete as well on high speed tracks. It handles well online because it maintains grip fairly well. Too much HP loses the grip advantage
 
I used it a few times and a bit disappointed. Not bad for middle b spec endos to save wear on my FGT and X1.
 
I love it. It's a fun race car. I beat Like the Wind with it, even though it is the first you lap, that's probably a setting on the AI.
 
Not really a fan of it, had higher expectations considering what it goes for.
 
The Vertigo is very fast and it has a nice engine sound. Unfortunately, it doesn't handle as well as the other race cars and you may need to tune it.
 
In my experience, it's nowhere near as bad as the AI make it look in LTW.
To be honest though it really comes down to how you like your cars to handle. If you like a loose back end, you'll love it. If you're looking for a car that corners like it's on rails, look elsewhere.
 
To be honest it doesn't drive well, poor handling, didn't enjoy driving it in my opinion
 
Back