Anybody Bought The Gillet Vertigo From The OCD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ferrari_1996
  • 41 comments
  • 3,431 views
I don't see what's wrong about asking this question...

I'm thinking about buying it too. I saw it has 900+ Hp but would it keep up with LMP1 or group C race cars? If not, will tuning it fix that? And since it's apparently hard to handle, will my LV27 Bob be fast at its wheel? Yesterday i won the Zonda R, have anyone tried both?

Thanks
 
I've tried both. The gillet is stupid fast in a straight line without need for another turbo etc, but its a bit loose in corners. As long as you can balance the throttle and aren't lead footed it's a decent car. Wouldn't try without tcs though!! Haven't raced it against the zonda, its definitely faster in a straight line and probably as quick though the corners, jst have to be careful and not too aggressive
 
I don't see what's wrong about asking this question...

I'm thinking about buying it too. I saw it has 900+ Hp but would it keep up with LMP1 or group C race cars? If not, will tuning it fix that? And since it's apparently hard to handle, will my LV27 Bob be fast at its wheel? Yesterday i won the Zonda R, have anyone tried both?

Thanks

It's a GT car so no, it won't even come close to prototypes when considering aerodynamic performance. :)
 
I don't see what's wrong about asking this question...

I'm thinking about buying it too. I saw it has 900+ Hp but would it keep up with LMP1 or group C race cars? If not, will tuning it fix that? And since it's apparently hard to handle, will my LV27 Bob be fast at its wheel? Yesterday i won the Zonda R, have anyone tried both?

Thanks

I've shared My Gillet so if you want to try it out you can.
 
I've had one for a while, it isn't as fast as most lm cars it still has 957 hp and weighs only 780 kg but i wouldn't buy it because it handles like crap, i would recommend buying the Suzuki escudo because it is way more fun and has actual grip
 
Yes. It's as good and as bad as I remember. Low weight + high power = mistakenly thinking it can't handle. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, but am having a harder time not wrapping the car around a pole.
 
Last edited:
Yes. It's as good and as bad as I remember. Low weight + high power = mistakenly thinking it can't handle. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, but am having a harder time not wrapping the car around a pole.

This. The Vertigo handles damn well for only having a 35/60 downforce rating. The main issue with it is throttle control and having a good setup to run it. Without either of those it's a utter nightmare.

Seriously, if it had a 50/70 rating like the CLK-LM or R390 Race Car it'd be top of it's class easily.
 
I found it hard to learn! Looks cool though and the power to weight made me buy it :D
 
i use it rape lmp cars online. its good.
 
I bought this car and loved it! Handles great, but then again I was in the Enzo for a couple of weeks tweaking settings...
 
Back