• 6 comments

Cowboy

Lariat Member
Premium
United States
North Dakota
GTP_Cowboy
RacingCowboy570
Ive had this game for the ps1 for 10 years, and I still play it often today. Anybody else?

PC one I still play on occasion. It's almost randomly screwy on modern computers, but it's so good that it's worth putting up with. Been meaning to install it on my newer laptop, but never got around to it yet.

Got the PS1 version. Haven't actually beaten the game before, but a couple of months ago I decided to give it a go. I'm working on the Class 1 Golden era cup, but the 959 I have is really dodgy to deal with. If I'm careful, I wind up falling behind another 959 in the group. If I push it, the car gets really beaten up and I still get toward back of the pack. Luckily, because I got the 550 Spyder and the special race for it pays out pretty well, I think I've rendered money a non-issue. Still, I just need to push past this rut I'm in and I'm off to the Modern era.

Never played the PC version, but I've heard it's effectively an entirely different game.

Im on Golden Era (PS1 version). Still grinding money to buy the 959. I grind too much that the value of my 917 become only 74.000 lol. I bought another 917 to sell in the modern era. I always love how some cars from the previous era have higher resale value when you move to the next era.

The PC version was very different. It lacked the evolution mode and factory driver mode. The driving physics were more realistic than the PS1 version.

Last edited:
I picked up the PS1 version a few months ago, then remembered why I wasn't fond of it at all. The factory driver challenges wouldn't be so bad if the physics weren't so GOD 🤬🤬 HORRID! It's definitely an arcade racer, as turning means the car goes from straight to full lock in an instant. There is no subtlety at all. Then as if that wasn't enough, I couldn't make it beyond the first race in evolution mode because it was so bland, the only thing that made it interesting were the horrid controls. I put High Stakes in to calm down afterwards.

Im on Golden Era (PS1 version). Still grinding money to buy the 959. I grind too much that the value of my 917 become only 74.000 lol. I bought another 917 to sell in the modern era. I always love how some cars from the previous era have higher resale value when you move to the next era.

The PC version was very different. It lacked the evolution mode and factory driver mode. The driving physics were more realistic than the PS1 version.
I had Porsche Unleashed on both PC and PS1 and I could do a video comparison if I had the right applications for my Laptop and a capture card but since I lost Porsche Unleashed probably somewhere in my old apartment there's no going back to it. And even if I found it at a game exchange store, I'd still need to deal with on getting a better computer. My HP 2000 is just a piece of dog 🤬 now. It's nearly impossible to navigate through the internet without extremely long waits when trying to browse the web.

I had NFS High Stakes on PC as well but just like Porsche Unleashed on PC, I lost it. I have both of them on PS1 but High Stakes just has some freezing problems. :(

Im on Golden Era (PS1 version). The PC version was very different. It lacked the evolution mode and factory driver mode. The driving physics were more realistic than the PS1 version.

PC version has both evolution mode and Factory driver. Also its much better. It only lacks cars like 917 and 959 (959 was DLC for free, but it is untunable and drives like a tank)
see here:

Last edited:
Back