Anyone else feels this game is just...

This is it in a nutshell. Not everyone feels this way of course and if one doesn't have a wheel you can't "feel" anything at all. PCars may be a better "game" but it never gave me the pure joy of driving nor the natural feel of AC. Once you're bitten by the AC bug it's hard to turn back, for many of us anyway. Now that I think about it, it's much the same feeling people have had about Gran Turismo for nearly 20 years. It doesn't have to be the best at everything, and GT certainly isn't, to draw you in and make you a fan, it simply has to appeal to you in a way that goes beyond logic and into your soul.:cheers:
I think i'm bitten by the AC bug, and this is only the beginning of a long journey :cool:

Same here, i was looking for PARS to be a platform they would improve and add to. Sadly that lasted only for about half a year and half of it was bug fixes.

With AC i have good hopes that updates will last until well into 2017 and maybe even '18.

Same here, i was looking for PARS to be a platform they would improve and add to. Sadly that lasted only for about half a year and half of it was bug fixes.

With AC i have good hopes that updates will last until well into 2017 and maybe even '18.
Can someone just make a game that doesn't need to patch this fix that for console users? ANY ONE?

Can someone just make a game that doesn't need to patch this fix that for console users? ANY ONE?
No i don't mean bug fixes or patches, those will last a couple of months probably. I mean new cars/ tracks and general improvements.

For me AC is all about the feeling of driving, that feeling alone makes the game worth it´s money for me (played with T300 GTE until it broke a few days ago) .
I can live with the somewhat poor graphics and unsatisfying online stuff (i´m mostly driving by my self anyway).
But it surprises me that so few is mentioning the car sounds.
Those are in some cases the biggest issue with the game for me.
Some of them are good other even wounderful, but to give a car like the amazing F40 those exhaust explosions when driving in the cockpit view for example!?! :ill:
Sounds more like they have tried to replicate the sound of making popcorn than an F40 during lift of or downshift to me, it ruins the whole feeling and i find that hard to live with.
I hope they will fix this in the future.
If they do and the Porsche pack will include a 917K and a 1974 911 RSR (without popcorn) i´m satisfied.

No popcorn. :cheers:

I agree the popping is distracting in certain cars. I haven't touched project cars since getting ac and that is purely down to the excellent force feedback on my T300. I would love some off throttle sounds in the below video.

Yeah, driving is great, but the AI are absolutely stupid. As soon as I get into the top twelve or top ten, the AI go crazy. They smash and push me off the track no matter whether I'm driving an Abarth 500 or a Lotus 720. Good game, but the AI trash it. (plus bugs) $110 EB Games preorder... Wouldn't buy it for $40!

Yeah, driving is great, but the AI are absolutely stupid. As soon as I get into the top twelve or top ten, the AI go crazy. They smash and push me off the track no matter whether I'm driving an Abarth 500 or a Lotus 720. Good game, but the AI trash it. (plus bugs) $110 EB Games preorder... Wouldn't buy it for $40!

The AI has come a long way since the version you guys are on now, a bit of patience and it will eventually get better. Not the world's most amazing AI but in it's current state it's quite enjoyable and generally better than most pub servers (not that that's saying much). And it looks like at least another improvement or two will be coming before long. But I can appreciate it's probably frustrating right now, the AI didn't really start getting good until v1.5 or v1.6 and you guys are basically on v1.4 for now.

I'm purchasing a PC in October.
Too many good games on PC that are not on Console.
Played Nascar 2003 on PC for years,great mods,cars,tracks etc.
Miss those days.
Just paid a lot of money sending my Daughter off to Western University. Hopefully in 5 years she gets me the Porche she promised.:dopey::lol:

Are you counting on her becoming a professional beer pong player? My daughter just started at Western also - I'm pinning my hopes on Ivey & her becoming a billionaire before the age of 30. 👍

The AI has come a long way since the version you guys are on now, a bit of patience and it will eventually get better. Not the world's most amazing AI but in it's current state it's quite enjoyable and generally better than most pub servers (not that that's saying much). And it looks like at least another improvement or two will be coming before long. But I can appreciate it's probably frustrating right now, the AI didn't really start getting good until v1.5 or v1.6 and you guys are basically on v1.4 for now.

I'm on PS4 not PC.

I'm on PS4 not PC.

I know, that's what I was saying. You guys are a bit behind but eventually (hopefully sooner than later) you guys will get the same AI we have and what we have on PC right now is much better than what the consoles currently have. They've made huge improvements with the AI in the last couple updates and that will trickle down to consoles at some point.

The only real issues I get consistently with the AI is them fishtailing me at the start of races. A lot of races. A lot of restarts. Happens very often. I get mostly past one and there I am driving in a nice straight line then I suddenly get taken out. It's the most frustrating thing for me at the mo, even more so than the AI difficulty being a bit a wonky and unbalanced. Once the field settles down a bit I like how they drive generally and make moves on me.

Hopefully the newer AI builds are a bit more respectful of their human masters.

The only real issues I get consistently with the AI is them fishtailing me at the start of races. A lot of races. A lot of restarts. Happens very often. I get mostly past one and there I am driving in a nice straight line then I suddenly get taken out. It's the most frustrating thing for me at the mo, even more so than the AI difficulty being a bit a wonky and unbalanced. Once the field settles down a bit I like how they drive generally and make moves on me.

Hopefully the newer AI builds are a bit more respectful of their human masters.

My biggest complaint with this game so far. Career mode makes me rage because of all the false starts. With the unbalanced AI, it forces you to be aggressive early in the race and put yourself into the all-out brawl of cars ramming into me.

Are you counting on her becoming a professional beer pong player? My daughter just started at Western also - I'm pinning my hopes on Ivey & her becoming a billionaire before the age of 30. 👍
Yeah I sure am. She told me she'll get me my Porche.

Cold tires maybe?

No, it's more a feel of the frame rate and stuff is affecting the physics. Regards the cold tyre stuff it would be nice to know tyre temps, i think tyre temps have been in racing games since PS1.
Keep playing this game though, been on a mission to get somewhere in career and I am trying to get to the GT championship races.
I do find with some cars the lack of any wheel calibration is noticeable to me at least as an unbiased impartial consumer, theres a definite moment as you turn where you can feel like a drop or notch which I can only assume isn't calibrating a wheel, surely every other dev putting in a wheel calibration can't be wrong no?

Seeing as there is a calibration tool in the PC version I don't think they're making the claim that any dev who includes a calibration tool is wrong.

Huh? That's my point though. It's not wrong to have a calibration tool!! so please explain why its not present in console version. I for one can feel where the wheel isn't working because of this with the latter feel on tight corners.

Huh? That's my point though. It's not wrong to have a calibration tool!! so please explain why its not present in console version. I for one can feel where the wheel isn't working because of this with the latter feel on tight corners.
Unless Brandon has recently joined the development team, I don't think he's going to be able to answer why it's in the PC version and not the console version.

How can I explain it? I have no idea. I'd guess it's more likely due to a technical issue than them just deciding don't need to calibrate their wheel. It's in the PC version which makes me hope it will be added to consoles at some point, but like Mr. Penso said I don't work there so I don't know. It's obvious the release of this game was rushed for whatever reason and some things didn't get included, doesn't mean they'll never be added. Doesn't mean they will be added either, we'll just have to wait and see.

How can I explain it? I have no idea. I'd guess it's more likely due to a technical issue than them just deciding don't need to calibrate their wheel. It's in the PC version which makes me hope it will be added to consoles at some point, but like Mr. Penso said I don't work there so I don't know. It's obvious the release of this game was rushed for whatever reason and some things didn't get included, doesn't mean they'll never be added. Doesn't mean they will be added either, we'll just have to wait and see.

I have Johnny on 'ignored' so don't see his stuff sorry.
My point is i can sense somewhere that calibration thing being a factor and as much as i love the general feel and the FFB i'm holding back on FFB / wheel full marks now as i can feel on cars mainly the GT3 cars an issue and i think its because it's not able to auto correct to the cars DOR.
Also I think slip effect i need to turn to 0%, Brandon does it make wheel lighter when slipping or heavier?

I have Johnny on 'ignored' so don't see his stuff sorry.
My point is i can sense somewhere that calibration thing being a factor and as much as i love the general feel and the FFB i'm holding back on FFB / wheel full marks now as i can feel on cars mainly the GT3 cars an issue and i think its because it's not able to auto correct to the cars DOR.
Also I think slip effect i need to turn to 0%, Brandon does it make wheel lighter when slipping or heavier?

I understand you're point, I can't explain why the calibration tool wasn't included. Hopefully it will be added because I'd presume it would be beneficial.
As far as I know slip effect doesn't change how the wheel feels when it turns, it just makes it vibrate when your tires start to slip.

Can't speak for other brands, but Logitech wheels calibrate themselves when they're powered on and connected. I've never noticed any difference in any game after using the in-game calibration in addition to it. I do change some of the other settings, but calibration has never been an issue for me. Is that the same with other brands, or do they really need it?

I can see it having more value if they would add automatic deadzone and linearity compensation (instead of having to do that manually with external tools/excel sheet).

Can't speak for other brands, but Logitech wheels calibrate themselves when they're powered on and connected. I've never noticed any difference in any game after using the in-game calibration in addition to it. I do change some of the other settings, but calibration has never been an issue for me. Is that the same with other brands, or do they really need it?

I can see it having more value if they would add automatic deadzone and linearity compensation (instead of having to do that manually with external tools/excel sheet).
They ALL calibrate themselves when they are switched on. Its a placebo effect, he don't see the calibration so it Must not be calibrated correct. Hes the only one with this supposed issue.

They ALL calibrate themselves when they are switched on. Its a placebo effect, he don't see the calibration so it Must not be calibrated correct. Hes the only one with this supposed issue.
Wheel and pedal calibration is needed when you use a brake mod, like the conical brake mode on the t3pa pedals of Thrustmaster.

Wheel and pedal calibration is needed when you use a brake mod, like the conical brake mode on the t3pa pedals of Thrustmaster.
The calibration for thrustmaster pedals is done the first time the brake is pushed after being switched on. It doesn't matter if your in game or not it automatically set max brake pressure at max pedal travel. If you don't push it all the way before entering a race the first stop will be off, but once you pass the point you had at first it resets itself to the new pedal position.

This game needs content. Much more content. We have dozens of road cars, sometimes almost clones of each other, a handful of GT3 cars, two or three prototypes and 2 single seaters, a big and a small one.

You can´t race online because there are only 2 active lobbies with the same combos everyday, and hotlapping gets boring real quick with such a small variety of cars.

Good driving experience can only take you so far, and I´m starting to think the deficit in content compared with PCARS is much bigger than the extra driving fidelity.

This game needs content. Much more content. We have dozens of road cars, sometimes almost clones of each other, a handful of GT3 cars, two or three prototypes and 2 single seaters, a big and a small one.

You can´t race online because there are only 2 active lobbies with the same combos everyday, and hotlapping gets boring real quick with such a small variety of cars.

Good driving experience can only take you so far, and I´m starting to think the deficit in content compared with PCARS is much bigger than the extra driving fidelity.
Which version of the game are you playing that only has a handful of GT3 cars and 2 single seaters?

Which version of the game are you playing that only has a handful of GT3 cars and 2 single seaters?

Isn´t handful a phrase for "decent amount" in English? That´s what I mean, there are loads of road cars, some GT3s so you can build a half-decent field with, and the rest of classes like prototype and single seater are crap.

As for the single seater, yes, there are two modern ones as far as I know. Am I missing something? There´s a little F4 like thing that is completely glued to the track and heavily underpowered (boring), and the Lotus Exos which is a really cool car. Then of course there are the Hystoric F1 cars, that might be causing the confusion.

Project CARS has Formula Ford, Formula Gulf, Formula C, B and A and the Formula Renault. Also enough LMP1/2 cars to have a good looking grid. And I´m missing that.

The amount of racing content is underwhelming if you ask me. Sometimes you open a brand and you have many almost identical road cars ala GT boosting the count but there are criminal gaps in the line up.

So many things still disappointing with this game.

For me at least on the PS4 there currently is only one driving view that is half way okay which is the bonnet view. The in car with the drivers hand moments way wrong - dang near impossible to use that view. Outside car views, playable but there is just something wrong with how the back ground moves with respect to the car. Graphics are kind of all over the map and in general not PS4 quality. All the menus are poor design and poor quality. Project Cars has the driving views nailed in my perspective, so many options and have not even played with moving the seat. Yes AC has good physics and sound which would be great if eveything else was not lacking in so many ways. Might have to shop for a Black Friday PS4 wheel - I am sure that will make things much better, even if only drive the porches.

Back