Anyone else happy about the 200 premium cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Strittan
  • 242 comments
  • 17,114 views

Are you happy about the 200 premium cars?

  • Yes

    Votes: 170 69.7%
  • No

    Votes: 74 30.3%

  • Total voters
    244
200 cars with cockpit view - I fail to see the issue*

*as long as one of the 190 Evos is premium (-:
 
And in the end ( November 2nd ) we all were wrong and get what we wan´t :)

You really believe Kaz (a graphic fetishist) will bring us GT4 graphics in GT5? :)

Maybe the 300 same Nissan Skylines will have the same cockpit view and not some different buttons in every different model.

We´ve got 800 cars from all GT games so far! ALL GT cars so far! I bet they all will look brillant! I think most of them will have cockpit view!

Wasn´t the most supercars we´ve seen in the videos also in GT4? And they are now premium? Or standard models?

Premium? Standard? Wasn´t this car in GT4?
photo04a.jpg

Yeah, I agree with everything you've said.
Also, we have an amazing list of features and all!
Day/Night Racing
Dynamic Weather - Fully implemented
Damage/Roll Overs
WRC/NASCAR/Super GT/Le Mans
FULL 24 Hours Endurances (Nurburgring+Le Mans) WITH dynamic changing weather effects!
Now which game, on any console, has the same features as GT5? None. Which makes GT5 more unique and more realistic, despite the fact that not all cars will apparently have interiors/cockipt.
& yeah. That car was in GT4 however they must've made it a Premium just to blend in with the other Super GT cars.
 
Last edited:
500 great looking cars with near identical features is better than 1000 cars where 80% of them don't even look as good as those in Forza 3.

you're assuming A LOT in saying that the scenario you present was the actual trade off...

You really think the 800 standard cars are the reason we don't have an extra 300 premium cars??...nah...
 
200 cars with cockpit view - I fail to see the issue*

*as long as one of the 190 Evos is premium (-:
There are several Lancer Evos in GT5P, so no worries there.
 
And in the end ( November 2nd ) we all were wrong and get what we wan´t :)

You really believe Kaz (a graphic fetishist) will bring us GT4 graphics in GT5? :)

Maybe the 300 same Nissan Skylines will have the same cockpit view and not some different buttons in every different model.

We´ve got 800 cars from all GT games so far! ALL GT cars so far! I bet they all will look brillant! I think most of them will have cockpit view!

Wasn´t the most supercars we´ve seen in the videos also in GT4? And they are now premium? Or standard models?

Premium? Standard? Wasn´t this car in GT4? (I really don´t know)
I'm sorry, but I have to say you don't know what you're talking about.
 
Happy that over 200 cars will be phenomenal to look at.

The only question that remains for me is how those will be used in career mode i.e. will they have enough of a selection to use, exclusively, with Premium cars through the whole game?
 
No!
But I can forgive them if they make GT6 launch in 2012 (or 1st quater of 2013) with ~1100-1200 (all form GT5 plus new ones) premium-like cars (well... like those in GT5P).
Now, since they already have physics and graphics engine done.. and pretty much everything else... (damage system, day/night etc.) they can focus on making new cars (oh.. and skid marks xD). They could get more people for this. I'm sure it's 100% possible if they want to.
 
This is from a member in the E3 thread

GUYS, i finally got some news from IronStar staff

They interviewed GT5 staff at E3


and YES GT5 standard cars will have COCKPIT VIEW!!!
:dopey:

No it not a joke, Those guys from IronStar are there at E3, i sent them an email


"Standard cars in GT5 have cockpit view!" and they said yes standard car will have Cockpit view

NO im not talking about that

here's my email

"Nice E3 coverage, PLEASE find GT5 staff and ask him will "Standard cars in GT5 have cockpit view!"

We are disparate to know this....


He replayed "yes they will have cockpit view"

Can you forward that to my email to me antmiller3@yahoo.com thank you


thank you very much sir 👍

 
Nice, i thought it was too late to make all 800 cars have cockpit view.
Although it does not really bother me much.
 
There are several Lancer Evos in GT5P, so no worries there.

He is not talking about a lancer, but the mercedes 190 evo II.
 
So the cockpit debate is back on eh......

I hope it's true.
 
Any body who thinks that the standard cars will have a cockpit view, should watch the standard cars trailer. They are nothing more than polished ports from GT4.
 
The only question that remains for me is how those will be used in career mode i.e. will they have enough of a selection to use, exclusively, with Premium cars through the whole game?
I'd say they will. I hope anyway. I mean, just look at the variety of cars in Prologue. I also hope there will not be near as many career mode events as there was in GT4. Now when we have an online mode I don't want to waste too much time doing offline events.
 
That's what it could have been if money was more important that quality.
It could have happened if Kazunori left Polyphony and some Sony producer took over the GT5 project.
Quality is what makes GT series so different from other racing games and videogames in general

Exactly. If GT5 were released in 2008 it would have sold 10 million units Then in 2011 they could release GT6 and so on. But thats GT. Kaz is unlike any other developper and to me thats a good thing. He doesn't care about the money and the developpement costs, he cares about driving and he cares for his fans
 
I'd say they will. I hope anyway. I mean, just look at the variety of cars in Prologue. I also hope there will not be near as many career mode events as there was in GT4. Now when we have an online mode I don't want to waste too much time doing offline events.

I hope that feature is included aswell. I personally, will buy the game for those 200 cars (after all I bought GT3, which had less cars than that and I liked it). The standard cars, considering how they look, should be left out for better quality in the game's presentation.
 
I'd say they will. I hope anyway. I mean, just look at the variety of cars in Prologue. I also hope there will not be near as many career mode events as there was in GT4. Now when we have an online mode I don't want to waste too much time doing offline events.

Soul of GT game is GTmode and offline!!!! If you want to drive car online you must buy it in GTmode!!!!:cool:
 
Because there are people like me who still want to be able to experience the older cars from GT4 but with better and improved physics than comes with GT5. And on top of that the car movement/animation will have improved considerably over GT4 and you can already see it in the recent 'standard car" video. And the "sub-standard" model is every bit as good if not better than what you'll find in other games. And none of these games can quite replicate car movement and motion as well as GT5.

4710580977_ea1d6eda2a_b.jpg


Here's SHIFT's

4713180980_2bb08772fe_b.jpg


And Forza 3's

4711310728_7f2c60ef89_b.jpg

This is why I don't care I mean SEE! It's fine and so what about the cockpit view, the premium cars will blow our socks off; and if you still don't like it don't buy it, stop complaining and love the game, it's the best racer we have ever got! :)
 
200 cars is plenty for me, but it will all depend on what the 200 cars are. If they are all the race cars in the game (I know this isn't true) then I would be fine with that. But having some production cars premium and others standard just seems a little strange to me. I mean, what will happen when your racing premium cars against stardard cars? Will you even be able to race premium cars against standard cars. I just hope they get it to work properly.
 
Are you happy about the 200 premium cars we've been given? I for one am more than happy. Face it, 200 is not such a bad number, and they are by far the most detailed cars in a game ever!

Keep in mind the good things:
  • 200 cars
  • 20 tracks
  • 16 players online
  • Day/night transition (fully realistic 24h races)
  • Damage
  • Upload online replays to YouTube

Sorry for making another thread. I know there are a lot of them started right now, but I'm just afrain all these discussions will delay the game further in case no one is hapy about what we've been given.


I do think there will be more than 20 tracks......least there better be....
 
I have to say I'm happy about 200 premium cars. The Lamborghinis, Ferraris, '10 Camaro and Corvette ZR1 are the new cars that I care about so just those being premium is enough to keep me very happy.

200 cars is plenty for me, but it will all depend on what the 200 cars are. If they are all the race cars in the game (I know this isn't true) then I would be fine with that. But having some production cars premium and others standard just seems a little strange to me. I mean, what will happen when your racing premium cars against stardard cars? Will you even be able to race premium cars against standard cars. I just hope they get it to work properly.

I don't see why it wouldn't work they're just models.
 
Last edited:
Because there are people like me who still want to be able to experience the older cars from GT4 but with better and improved physics than comes with GT5. And on top of that the car movement/animation will have improved considerably over GT4 and you can already see it in the recent 'standard car" video. And the "sub-standard" model is every bit as good if not better than what you'll find in other games. And none of these games can quite replicate car movement and motion as well as GT5.



Here's SHIFT's



And Forza 3's


i am not really a shift or forza fan. but i like graphics less detailed if they all have a cockpit view... instead of great graphics and no cockpit view.
 
so all prologue cars will be premium, since those have cockpit view?
 
ALL cars we've seen before official "standard" cars video including GTHD,Prologue,all demos and screen-shots ARE PREMIUM.
(in other words - they never show "standard" cars to us, before official "standard" cars video)
 
Last edited:
Soul of GT game is GTmode and offline!!!! If you want to drive car online you must buy it in GTmode!!!!:cool:
Yeah, but the credits can be earned online, as in Prologue. I hope anyway.
 
I loved GT3 and that had around 200 cars so I'm happy and if I'm honest when I play NFS shift there is far less than 200 cars and I never sit there thinking I what 900 more cars. My way of looking at is 200 premium plus 800 standard rather than 1000 cars minus 800 standard.
 
Yezzzz
 
I do think there will be more than 20 tracks......least there better be....

There will be more then 20 tracks, 20 locations is more correct. KAZ have already said that all tracks from gt4 will be in gt5 ;)
 
Back