Anyone else thinks that B-Spec is AWESOME?

  • Thread starter Thread starter daspianist
  • 66 comments
  • 6,393 views
Messages
208
No, I'm serious.

Sure, driver Bob can't corner for his life, and even if you give him a well tuned car with twice the horsepower of his peers, he may still lose the race. But still, think about it:

You come home from school/work/the disco club trashed or wasted, and you are simply too tired to concentrate on driving your best in Nurburgring in the rain - perhaps this doesn't apply to all of you, but it sure does to me. Instead bleeding your eyes in front of the TV driving, why not let B-spec Bob take over while you shower, relax, remote into work, or finish reading War and Peace (which by the way was great). When you are ready to call it a night, driver Bob would already have raked in thousands of credits or more, and you are ready to buy that LFA in matte black that you've always wanted. Zing!

B-Spec is like the biggest cash cow there is in a racing game - you could even play Black ops while running GT5 and getting credits.. a supreme way to spend any hardcore gaming evenings.

Lastly, you get cool prize cars from B-spec: the Pagani Zonda R, the Mazda FURRRRRRAAAIIIIIII, and a host of others.

So don't be shy, and check out B-spec today!


Sincerely,

Secret PD promotional agent
 
Last edited:
I don't mind it too much, just wish the commands you gave had more of an effect, seems like I can go afk and he'll still post the same lap times as if I was there continuing to yell pace up and overtake.
 
May I ask which race gives the Zonda?

And I don't think it's something you should leave alone and just do something else, because he will get cool and drive really slow and eventually lose...
 
It's much more boring than the rest of the game to be honest.
I picked up dirt 2 on the steam sale today and i haven't had this much fun with a racing game ever.
Atleast all the money i spent on the wheel and stand comes to some good use.

And you play more than you look at menus load.
God damn consoles 5 year old piece of trash.

Dirt 2 looks 10 times better and loads really fast with nice menus and interesting effects.

GT5 is a driving game on sleeping pills.
You fall asleep untill you get to race and then you fall asleep racing, since you race the clock and not the AI that is gone after 20 seconds of the race start.

I will give this game a few more weeks to grow on me and if it doesn't : 2nd market here it comes.
 
May I ask which race gives the Zonda?

And I don't think it's something you should leave alone and just do something else, because he will get cool and drive really slow and eventually lose...

I believe its the GT World Cup (the last championship race in the Professional Series) The Furai you could unlock at level 6.

The point is to give your driver a ridiculously well equipped car that you used in A-spec. The Veyron, Superveloce, R8 5.2 and a host of others work well ensure victory even when he gets "cool".
 
I do think its pretty cool, I am currently trying to fashion a driver I can later rely on if there are any endurance style races.
 
I do think its pretty cool, I am currently trying to fashion a driver I can later rely on if there are any endurance style races.

My goal exactly.. I could leave the PS on for a whole night and wake up with 400,000 credits... :boggled:
 
I find that my driver responds pretty well to my commands. When they were low level I would give them a fast car and repeatedly tell them to pace down as they would hit the corners to hard and throttle to much on exit causing lots of problems. Once they made it up to higher levels I have repeatedly told them to pace up and overtake and by doing so they were able to win so tough races. Races which btw they would have lost had I not given them instructions due to the car and the competition.

In a lot of races now I can just enter Bob and leave him alone and he will take the win without wrecking his car. Of course I have been giving him more car than should be needed but I like to make sure he wins the race if possible.

So far I have all the events completed in the first 3 groups, working on Expert now. My B-Spec level is up to 16 and my best driver is at 13.

I work from home so I let Bob run races during the day while I am working, I'll pop in every now and then to see how he is doing, start another race or switch drivers.

Got the Zonda R yesterday which made my life a lot easier in A-Spec mode when I got to the Like The Wind race. Thanks Bob :)
 
My goal exactly.. I could leave the PS on for a whole night and wake up with 400,000 credits... :boggled:

and thats the entire point.

Build a strong team, then you wont be forced to GRIND.
 
I work from home so I let Bob run races during the day while I am working, I'll pop in every now and then to see how he is doing, start another race or switch drivers.

Haha thats an awesome system 👍 Occasionally I have to remote into work at night, so I do pretty much the same and try to get at least 7-8 races completed while I work.
 
Awesome thing if I am doing HW as well, let him race so I can get my stupid papers written, and I still get to oogle over the sexyness of the R8 he's racing :D
 
I think B-Spec is cool 👍

I do think its pretty cool, I am currently trying to fashion a driver I can later rely on if there are any endurance style races.
Yup :)

My goal exactly.. I could leave the PS on for a whole night and wake up with 400,000 credits... :boggled:
Yup :sly:


EDIT:
But Dam it! B-Spec Bob can sometimes be so clueless LOL !! It's funny and frustrating at the same time! :lol:
 
Last edited:
I think B-Spec is cool 👍


EDIT:
But Dam it! B-Spec Bob can sometimes be so clueless LOL !! It's funny and frustrating at the same time! :lol:

There were times that I swear Bob was on drugs or depressed - he's even stopped in a race once in the dead of the road.

Anyways.. the good thing is I got my FUURRRAIII and working to get my Zonda :)
 
I love it. I find the coaching inputs certainly have an effect. They may not always be needed, but in some situations you do need to give the guy some advice. I love it mostly because I can do it during the day while me and my 2 year old daughter are up and playing. I can have my guys on track, collecting creds and cars with minimal input from me.

It does exactly what I think the devs intended, and give people an alternate way to enjoy the game. People that are busy and distracted, people that suck at driving, etc. I still only A-spec when I have time to myself, but when I don't think I can sit and give the game a good 5-10 minutes of concentration for a whole race, B-spec is the beans.
 
I've always liked the concept of B-spec drivers. To any B-spec hatahs out there, just look at it this way: racing teams often do have more than one driver. In some real-life racing, there are relief drivers. Especially in circuit races. So why not have this in the game as well? That's always been my goal: to have a driver who's nearly as good as I am, so I don't have to do endurance races by myself (which kills my wrists and fingers because I like to drive HARD).


But in GT4 I wound up frustrated with B-spec more often than pleased, and that's AFTER sometimes spending a boatload of money so Bob could drive an overkill-car. I'd drop all this money so Bob could do some race I didn't feel like doing, and he'd screw it up more than half the time. :mad: Some of my Bobs were skilled, too, had (what I thought) were a decent amount of Battle, Machine, and Track points.

It's too early for me to say for sure, but so far I'm liking B-spec in GT5. I'm mentoring my driver (Hula is his name. Hula Hoppola or something) thru the Beginner level races in underdog-cars, and he's doing okay.

Plus, like the OP, I also sometimes jsut wanna kick back and watch someone else do some racing! :dopey: It creates a whole other dimension. I especially like letting Hula drive just as I'm going to bed. I'll lie in bed and tell him what to do, tell him what works and waht doesn't...

...okay, that didn't sound right! :ouch:

I find that my driver responds pretty well to my commands. When they were low level I would give them a fast car and repeatedly tell them to pace down as they would hit the corners to hard and throttle to much on exit causing lots of problems. Once they made it up to higher levels I have repeatedly told them to pace up and overtake and by doing so they were able to win so tough races. Races which btw they would have lost had I not given them instructions due to the car and the competition.

In a lot of races now I can just enter Bob and leave him alone and he will take the win without wrecking his car. Of course I have been giving him more car than should be needed but I like to make sure he wins the race if possible.

So far I have all the events completed in the first 3 groups, working on Expert now. My B-Spec level is up to 16 and my best driver is at 13.

I work from home so I let Bob run races during the day while I am working, I'll pop in every now and then to see how he is doing, start another race or switch drivers.

Got the Zonda R yesterday which made my life a lot easier in A-Spec mode when I got to the Like The Wind race. Thanks Bob :)

Ha ha, you actually got a driver with a first name starting with "B"? I'm still looking for a true Bob. :lol:
 
I've just got my Furai (Champagne Gold-Yecccch!) after a frustrating afternoon with 'Bob' at the wheel. His driving varies from like your mum to just come from the pub. I will be having a break from B-Spec while I attempt to regain my sanity.

And why does the Furai sound nothing like the real thing?!?! On youtube it's a magnificent burbling chatter at low revs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQMeZ3Vcr44to an almost alien scream at speed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6SQqc0fSuI&feature=relatedon GT5 it's nothing special at all,deeply disappointing DP.
 
Right, I'm totally new to this Kinect style driving.
Does the credit's or anything I earn in B spec, usable in A spec.

Cheers.
 
I'm disapointed by the b-spec mode so far, and I expect an overhaul soon.

It felt like so much potential in GT4 and it's such a let down in GT5.

Just an example, there is no more color coded sector times in the list view. You can still see all the times but you have to read them all to find who's doing what, instead of getting your eyes catched by the purple color (or red or green...) Also no way to see fuel and tyres wear in the list view?

I have seen something strange, my driver went 3 lap down in some Indianapolis race, and instead of being ranked as 3 lap down at the end, he was forced to continue racing the remaining 3 laps with all the others that already finished being slow on the track, and not caring at all, which resulted in multiple collision and a very boring and stupid ending of the race.

Endurance race are clearly the the bright spot though, but the prize money of the first endurance race was underwhelming to say the least. 23k credits for a two hours plus race... I still don't hace access to more endurance races, but I hope it bas a bug and the prize money will be corrected to 230k credits or something.
 
Even though there are room to improve, what we have is a lot better than GT4's B-spec. So yeah, I'm loving it. It's great when you have other things to do around the house, just stop by and check on Bob every once in a while. I can't wait till they let you control B-spec from a website. I know what I'll be checking at work :D
 
A-Spec is my preferred mode, but yeah... with racing on television coming to a close, B-Spec helps fill the void of just sitting back and enjoy watching a race pretty well. It also gives me time to admire cars I put effort into purchasing / tuning being put through their paces in the track.

👍
 
Whats teh link to be able to do the BSpec stuff from the web?
 
Can somebody say B-Spec iPhone app? I'd buy that for a dollar!
 
Can somebody say B-Spec iPhone app? I'd buy that for a dollar!

As long as they don't use Flash, the website should function on an iPhone.
 
HN7
As long as they don't use Flash, the website should function on an iPhone.

Lol@Flash ...

But on a more serious note, I'd much appreciate a way to monitor my races while I am away from home. An even better solution is to not even needing the PS to be racing B-spec.. that'd be pretty epic.
 
No, I'm serious.

Sure, driver Bob can't corner for his life, and even if you give him a well tuned car with twice the horsepower of his peers, he may still lose the race. But still, think about it:

You come home from school/work/the disco club trashed or wasted, and you are simply too tired to concentrate on driving your best in Nurburgring in the rain - perhaps this doesn't apply to all of you, but it sure does to me. Instead bleeding your eyes in front of the TV driving, why not let B-spec Bob take over while you shower, relax, remote into work, or finish reading War and Peace (which by the way was great). When you are ready to call it a night, driver Bob would already have raked in thousands of credits or more, and you are ready to buy that LFA in matte black that you've always wanted. Zing!

B-Spec is like the biggest cash cow there is in a racing game - you could even play Black ops while running GT5 and getting credits.. a supreme way to spend any hardcore gaming evenings.

Lastly, you get cool prize cars from B-spec: the Pagani Zonda R, the Mazda FURRRRRRAAAIIIIIII, and a host of others.

So don't be shy, and check out B-spec today!


Sincerely,

Secret PD promotional agent

Bob comes in handy, for me, when I drink :sly:.
 
i do love B-Spec! been doing more of it than A-Spec.
 
Back