Anyone getting Apex?

Looks great! :P

562094.jpg

apex_screen012.jpg

apex_screen007.jpg

CLK!!!!!! :eek:
apex_screen005.jpg

I'm waiting for a review from Gamespot and IGN before I make a purchase. Too many Xbox games I've played have great graphics and horrible gameplay (or very little substance.)
I'd also like to see a little 2 player, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen...

i want 2 get this game. EU users if u havent heard of it, it will b called 'racing evolutioize' over here. Apex is the american name. Does any uk user no the release date? iv looked everwhere but cant find 1.:banghead:

I was even considering puchasing an X-Box because of the visuals of this game.
I am not so sure now though after hearing a few bad reviews concerning the gameplay.
Also, will it be online like MOTO GP?

If I am being misled by the reviews that I have read, please someone tell me different.

On gamefaqs people that have it are talking about several things. The first of which is that it tops out at 30fps, but goes below that on occasion (how they achieved the visuals I guess.)
The second is that it has a blur filter that is apparently annoying as all heck. (note that the blur filter wouldn't show up in screen shots because of how Nvidia creates it's special effects and how the Xbox takes it's screenshots directly from the frame buffer.)
I'd still like to see it in action though, perhaps Blockbuster will have it in stock one day...

Yes, Apex is 30fps but I have not seen any slow downs. Now about the blur filter, On my tv I don't see any blurs. I see lots of blurs on SegaGT2002 backgrounds but Apex is very clear. The bump-mapping grounds look really sweet.

Apex got what it takes to become Xbox great racer. Dream mode is a blast!! That's where it's at! I just race a 10 lap in race in dream mode. Wooo! Racing in the PRO races is really cool! It's fast racing! Fight for 1st! LOL! I like the full up grade on the cars, the full race looks, the tight handling and top speeds is great plus all the sweet racing tracks makes this game a dream come true. You have to get deep in the Dream mode. One of the best part in dream mode is just seeing the transformation on your garage turn into huge manufactory. Selling, designing, racing for popularity etc. Nice stuff here! :)

Originally posted by supra229
not as good as GT3:lol:

I personally think the track details are much better than gt3s.. just imagine, every race with the graphics resolution that the special stages have :eek:

i finally got racing evoluzion yesterday. it is a fantastic game, all of the cars look very nice and the tracks are beautiful, i've been distracted so many times because i was looking at hill or the detail of the track itself. this blurring thing weres that suposed to be cause i have not seen it at all. but over all i would say this is one of the best racing games i have ever played maybe even the best.:)

Originally posted by U V
best arcade racer i've played in a while 8)

My feelings exactly. I bought it, and it is fun.

No, it's no GT3 killer - but it's still a very amusing game. The Dream Mode is sweet, but it could have been elaborated more.

Fear the JBO! :D

Hey there, I have read many reviews on the topic of APEX. Including: Game Pro Magazine and other game magazines....The biggest thing with this game is that the graphics are great but its considered one of the worst racing games ever made for the XBOX due to the fact that you CANNOT customise your own car. I have confirmed this personally... In conclusion,,,i definately would NOT buy this game due to its gameplay.

Latest Posts

Back