Anyone got any guess what PD was doing for 5 years?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 54 comments
  • 3,241 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that want GT6 to be on PS3?
I mean, GT5 WON'T last until PS4 comes out, NOW WAY.
 
PD were playing the closed beta of DNF..

/Thread
 
Am I the only one that want GT6 to be on PS3?
I mean, GT5 WON'T last until PS4 comes out, NOW WAY.

There kind of has to be a GT6 on the PS3 because just how unfinished GT5 is.
 
Many other companies with less money and fewer staff have done far more in that allotted timeframe.

What they've given us shouldn't have taken more than a few years to accomplish. Certainly not 5+. And unfortunately, it looks like there's still a few years worth of work at their speed to make it the game they claimed it would be.
I have to agree with you here. Monumental job, yes, but I do think a properly managed team should have been able to accomplish these things. That said, I'm glad I wasn't the project manager...

Unfortunately, we know next to nothing about the technical hurdles that had to be overcome, and it is amazing how one sticky technical problem can affect every phase of development in a project like this.

I'm glad for the game we've got, though, and looking forward to future adjustments/refinements/content.
 
I blame all the awesome stuff in the game.
 
Isnt it true that it took them years to develop gt1? and now gt5's physics have been totally redeveloped and thats why it has taken so long. when they started making it they were unsure of ps3 capabilities and would have turn out a half assed game, then the changeover to 1080p then 3d and so on. they physically tested the premium cars, instead forza brought out naff looking cars with bad physics and had to make up for it with being able to put stickers on the car!!

Gt psp is just gt4 downscaled for the psp, its basically a ps2 anyway so that argument is nonsense

Im sure there is more to come from gt5 and the game is just the benchmark for bigger things.

There will never be a perfect game guys, not one that will suit everybody
 
They were smoking
 
Where's my hamster?
 
Answer: They were doing the best console racing game of this generation, next.
 
They were probably working on the GT5 engine, but kept scrapping things and recoding it. If you see the smoke and shadows in the older demos you'll see how different it looks
 
Cant say that til' Forza 4 comes out.

Seeing the little evolution of the Forza series and the fact that FM3 was worse than FM2 (FM2 hung for simulation much more, FM3 was pulled to the arcade), I believe the chances of GT5 keeping the post are better.
 
Seeing the little evolution of the Forza series and the fact that FM3 was worse than FM2 (FM2 hung for simulation much more, FM3 was pulled to the arcade), I believe the chances of GT5 keeping the post are better.

I think you have it backwards my friend.

Ya, Forza my not be much evolved since 2. But GT has more stagnant. Look at the AI for example.

Forza still has it beat. Especially in online and customization. It's like PD is afraid to go the distance. Ya they have newer features, but it seems like they just play it safe while other games go all out.
 
Some say it was cuz of gtpsp or having to implement 3D and 1080i.

GT5 isn't in 1080i nor 1080p.

"By and large, not a great deal has really changed from the rendering principles laid down by Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The game still renders at native 720p with 4x multi-sampling anti-aliasing (MSAA) when your XMB is set to 720p mode, while the resolution shifts to 1280x1080 with 2x quincunx (QAA) when the 1080p mode is engaged. So we're not seeing anything like native 1080p resolution here, but you are getting a 50 per cent increase in the number of pixels rendered."
 
Last edited:
Who says it's incomplete? You? Seems like a complete game to me. Features that were left out don't make a game incomplete. Don't worry so much about leveling up, and enjoy the game the way it's mean to be enjoyed. Just drive the cars...

Features that were promised but are not here make it incomplete.

Features that obviously were meant to work differently than they do make it incomplete.



I enjoy the game. But I do so without being a fanboi. I'd enjoy it quite a bit more if it had been released in a completed form.
 
Best console game this gen? Please...

It's the most incredible driving experience ever, but GT5 is not a game, it's more like going to work.

If that enough for you fan boys, have at it.
 
Best console game this gen? Please...

It's the most incredible driving experience ever, but GT5 is not a game, it's more like going to work.

If that enough for you fan boys, have at it.

For me, it's just enough.

Ow, and i did'nt said "its the best console game this gen", i said "It's the best console RACING game this gen"...
 
Last edited:
Perfection
SpecialStageRoute7_8.jpg
 
I think they might have had to rescrap plans a few times which caused the end product we have today.
 
I think they might have had to rescrap plans a few times which caused the end product we have today.

COMMON!! they've been puffing the magic dragon for the last 6 yrs. :drool:
 
It's the even numbered games that will become the classics. GT < GT2, GT3 < GT4, etc. GT6 should be much better, especially now that PD knows what it takes to screw the pooch on releases.

You can argue the technicallity of the name, but realistically wasn't GT5P the odd numbered GT5? If you look at how GT has progressed, GT5P is very much the GT3 of this generation. GT5 really fits into the "Even numbered" GT slot despite the naming... I mean the Xbox 360 isn't really the 360th xbox, it's really Xbox 2 no matter what you name it, same with the GTs.

I read somewhere that PD only has 60 people or something.

I am pretty sure the real number of direct in house staff is well over 100 and there is no real data on what and how much is outsourced if any.

Who says it's incomplete? You? Seems like a complete game to me. Features that were left out don't make a game incomplete. Don't worry so much about leveling up, and enjoy the game the way it's mean to be enjoyed. Just drive the cars...

I think that's the definition of incomplete... and that requires overlooking all the other parts of the game that were perhaps not experssly promised and then left out but clearly need polishing even on a very basic level...

BTW what I think PD has been doing is getting side tracked, growing laterally and trying to do too much while loosing focus on the GT game. Basically PD has gone from being the makers of the GT video game to the makers of the GT franchise.
 
If you go to GT-TV there is a video there dedicated to the Merc SLS.....
Just for the SLS , they've spend "6 months".....by having this in mind i am guessing that nurburgring took them 2 years.
 
There are already several threads discussing GT5's extended development time. GTOne2Three, this is not the first time I have had to close down one of your threads because you did not use the search function.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back