Anyone interested in an all kart weekly race for fun?

• Thread starter Pigpin13
  • 131 comments
United States
Missouri
Pigpin13
i am looking to start a weekly race for karts only. It would be just for fun to start with. Probably do it on Saturday mornings. The format would be 2 heat races and 1 feature and do a different track every week. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks

Shifter Kart Race
Where:
Sardegna-Road Track-C
What: 125cc Shifter Kart
When:Saturday September 14th 2019 Lobby opens at 8:00am cst. 30 to 45 mins of practice. Racing to follow.
How: Send me a friend request on PSN (Pigpen13) The lobby will be set to private. I will post the lobby number here. Also, you can search for rooms that friends are in. It's also highly encouraged to join the voice chat. Even if you don't have a mic. It makes giving out info and apologies easy.
Format: Two 5 lap heat races. One 10 lap feature. No pitting needed. No tuning allowed. Karts are to be stock.
General info:
This is my first attempt at this. So, If there are some loop holes or things I've missed let me know. The plan is for FUN racing. No rough driving allowed. With that being said, the occasional bump is to be expected. The karts can be a lot to handle. Please exercise some courtesy. If you bump into someone, give their spot back. If you are in the voice chat, please give an apology. There are no points, trophies, or prize money to be made. Please don't ruin someone's night because you had to be first.
General info2: The track is a lot of fun. The kart is very controllable here. I only put about 10 laps on it. The corners and straights are wide. You can stay in the gas for most of the track. The downside: There is a really bad dip coming out of the S's going up the hill to the last corner. Take some time to get some practice in. It really throws you around. If you hit it straight on you will be fine. But if the wheel is turned, chaos will follow. My biggest tip I can give you is, stay off the curbs and rumble strips. This thing is only about an inch off the ground. It doesn't take much to upset it.

Shifter2.jpg

First corner.
Shifter3.jpg

This is the dip I was talking about. If you run the marker cones, it's pretty easy to see and remember where its at.
Shifter1.jpg

Final corner does sneak up on you a little bit. Lots of passing is expected here.

Looking forward to running some laps with everyone
Joe

Can't you tell I've been up all night (Saturday morning half human) with my 94 year old mother, 10pm she falls over off we go to her place, 04:15am medical help arrives (would you call that an acceptable wait) 05:30 ambulance arrives to transport to the hospital.

It's now 12:30pm I'm back home Angela and daughter still at the hospital.

Saturday morning for you is late afternoon early evening for me, so I'll be a little more than half human just :grumpy:

Have fun at the Party Larry, love to the daughter on her Birthday. :cheers:

I didn’t want to start so early but with RL kart racing still going, it’s tough to find an hour or two to get a race in. Hopefully, with winter coming up, we can be a little more accommodating with the start times.

Can't you tell I've been up all night (Saturday morning half human) with my 94 year old mother, 10pm she falls over off we go to her place, 04:15am medical help arrives (would you call that an acceptable wait) 05:30 ambulance arrives to transport to the hospital.
I am sorry to read this Phillip and I hope your Mother is okay...the wait times are not acceptable IMHO. :eek:

Have fun at the Party Larry, love to the daughter on her Birthday. :cheers:
Thanks Phillip! :)

I would be interested if u can tell me how you drive them lol, I always seem to just fly off at 90 degree angles and I feel I may become somewhat of an annoyance to those more capable
You’ll fit in just fine. I like to use the gas pedal to steer. If you stay in the throttle in the corners and just barley let up at the apex. Doesn’t take much. Also, helps to turn the sensitivity down on your wheel. This first race is more for practice and to have fun. So come on out.

I would be interested if u can tell me how you drive them lol,
Here is what I do Jamie: :)

Turn the forceback torque setting to max or 10 to make it hard to turn the wheel. I play with the sensitivity setting but I can't quite remember what I liked until I test it a bit...

I use Traction control to 3 I think until I start to "feel the force" so to speak and then back it down...

I try and use very small movements / inputs...once it clicks, karts are a BLAST to drive!

:cheers:

Turn the forceback torque setting to max or 10 to make it hard to turn the wheel. I play with the sensitivity setting but I can't quite remember what I liked until I test it a bit...

I use Traction control to 3 I think until I start to "feel the force" so to speak and then back it down...

I try and use very small movements / inputs...once it clicks, karts are a BLAST to drive!

Or just pick the DS4 lol
Interested but not gonna try racing for a while because it's very frustrating at this point. I'm planning my own racing series, probably for tuesdays so it doesn't overlap with TFN or Ring Rats, and I'll be hosting so I get to race once a week. Basic idea is Gr.4 cars with BOP, 2 lap qualy and 3 ten lap races.
I'll let you guys know when I plan to start.

Appreciate that larry, got a few things to try now so hopefully something will help me stay on the grey stuff 👍

Or just pick the DS4 lol
Interested but not gonna try racing for a while because it's very frustrating at this point. I'm planning my own racing series, probably for tuesdays so it doesn't overlap with TFN or Ring Rats, and I'll be hosting so I get to race once a week. Basic idea is Gr.4 cars with BOP, 2 lap qualy and 3 ten lap races.
I'll let you guys know when I plan to start.
You can count me in javier, think gr 4 is prob my fave category, suits my reaction speeds :boggled::lol:

Thanks for organising this Joe, that was a blast and RBR in the rain was much better than I thought it would be, still bonkers though :lol:.

Hope you get more takers for the next one

Thanks for coming out. I agree Mike RBR in the rain wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been. Definitely needs a revisit with a bigger field of karts. Here are some pics of today.

5271693E-7F09-4FE3-9D77-2461B9F88158.jpeg

Love the Mario Kart theme
F9CF6B09-A93F-41CC-9CF8-3414D9C669AD.jpeg

Mike “I don’t like karts”
85275E37-1FCD-42C5-B65E-334C88425A02.jpeg

B84E5ABB-AFD6-4112-9D67-6DF150F0E8BE.jpeg

Curbs are lethal
5CFAE6CE-4E31-44FE-BA7B-C8EEBCA755FE.jpeg

Poor cone never stood a chance
EE9EE18E-D350-4B99-8B92-77D3F2E4BE41.jpeg
05FFBDDF-DF25-43C1-BECC-9681FCF97FE0.jpeg

Last edited: