Anyone planning on dropping GT5?

• Yes

Votes: 105 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 672 78.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
This is turning into another GT vs Forza thread...

But anyway, no. I love GT, and I will keep playing, specially because the game will keep on being updated and improved. Can´t wait what is to come. Also, there is something about GT that mekes me want to play over and over without getting bored. Even if its just cruising around a track.

But as soon as I get my christmas bonus, I´ll get me an Xbox and Forza 4. That game looks like fun.

After a hot summer of playing my PS3 in order to give my 360 a break, the freaking power supply bricked on me. How does 3 months of non-usage lead to something breaking?

I'm tired of Microsoft hardware. No more for me.

Haven't played it in weeks.. I'm frequenting these forums with hopes that a balance patch gets released. Tired of "losing" to the cars that can't be beaten by anything other than themselves. Cheese ruined the game for me.

I played some Forza 4 and I didnt think much of it. Some seem to treat it as if its some sort of perfect game which it isnt even close to, I was surprised it was rougher than GT in more ways.

While I dont want to write a long post i can point out afew things. Alot of flaws in GT5 are also flaws in Forza and worse in many cases.

Forza's car list and photo mode are the least of their concerns. The game is where most of the issues are. The copy cat features from GT in some cases are not too bad but they dont match the standard of GT as everyone knows. They have big issues with graphical inconsistency when it comes to ingame racing graphics. GT5 is almost like a pc game in comparison when it comes to premiums and tracks. Some cars and especially tracks(Nurburgring as an example) seem rushed in. Some tracks use large 2d backdrops in Forza. Overall track list is weak. Lack of variety and modes are also a big disadvantage.

The so called streamlined menus and options arent very good in GT terms. Its basically more like Prologue or Shift. Wouldnt work well in GT5 and some of the streamlining was essentially too dumbed down. You have to go back and forth alot. No central area like GT Life. You cant upgrade/tune in pre-race. Load times to a race are vastly longer than GT5 Spec 2. Menus are fast at least. Presentation lends as much from NFS as does from GT.

Physics and car feedback are much like what everyone says. Nowhere near GT in this respect. Feedback was questionable in places and there is very little feeling when it comes to the cars suspension or weight.

Driving aids are wonky. Its either far too easy, easier and just hard. Too many options to make easy yet nothing in between.

If anything it felt closer to Shift than GT overall. I also felt i would tire of the content sooner compared to GT due to lack of variety.

Last edited:
I've dropped GT5 for about a month now. I got Black Ops real cheap-excellent game.

Gran Turismo 5 still is awesome, I just had a bad couple days online with it and got annoyed.

I was thinking of getting an Xbox with Forza 4 but after I had a quick shot of it at my friends house it just felt horrible. :ill: I hated the physics for some reason I can't explain.

I can't see any driving game replacing GT5 in the near future for me, although I don't think it will get much use (aside from logging in each day to retain my 200% login bonus) when Skyrim is released this Friday. SKYRIM!

No !!!! GT is something you might leave for a while but then you return to over and over. Although I do find myself mixing it up with a bit of F1 2011 lately. The offline racing is superior.

Back