Anyone planning on dropping GT5?

• Yes

Votes: 105 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 672 78.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Your view should almost never shake. Save for smashing into a wall or similar, your head absorbes and accounts for vehicle movement. PD apparently thinks that the drivers eyes and head are bolted to the headrest. The camera shaking is completely wrong in gt5 which is a big issue I have with the game.

👍 maybe I should do a poll to educate Tenacious D. Seeing as it's clearly only me who dislikes the camera shake.

I must agree with the shaking.. It's way too much and you notice it most in a NASCAR at daytona oval.

Thank you....any high speed corner really, high speed ring is bad. So is Curve Grande at Monza.

Anyone who thinks that shake is normal has NEVER cornered fast. I've done 140 mph on a motorbike and it wasn't like that.

It would be better to have the cockpit shake and horizon still, like real life.
Spot on....GTR2 does this AND has a slider option for how much the car shakes. The fools here are guaging it from in car footage via cameras. Any one whos cornered fast knows that in reality the road doesn't seem to shake much at all.

OMG.......F O R Z A.....sheesh. That "really crap inferior in every way to GT" game

No it doesn't. Those guys wouldn't know an avant garde rendering technique if a Pixar employee hit them over the head with it. :P

A simple screenshot would suffice, of course. I've never seen one demonstrating inter-car reflections, hence recursive rendering of some kind.

EDIT: I do agree about the shaking, though.

My god you are a grade A Prat........

....bloody hell you must be blind as well as a cretin.
Borderline age insult there, keep it up and I'll report you.
Hypocrite much? Should I report you? ;)

And Hotspitta, sorry, but all of my points are well known and discussed quite a bit in the Forza boards where I used to hang out. Now don't cry or anything, since Forza 4 has a good chance to set all things aright in your BELOVETH series.

Personally I don't see anything wrong if somebody discuss Forza's flaws to make a better game just like how people is discussing flaws with GT5 to make it better.

But I don't understand about somebody is being criticized just because he's discussing flaws with Forza. But it seems like it's ok to discuss GT's flaws but not with Forza :(

No it doesn't. Those guys wouldn't know an avant garde rendering technique if a Pixar employee hit them over the head with it. :P

A simple screenshot would suffice, of course. I've never seen one demonstrating inter-car reflections, hence recursive rendering of some kind.

Yes it does, I have Forza 3 and it reflects the other cars. I've looked online and be buggered if I can find a sodding picture. I don't have Live so I can't uploada picture (something that I HATE about Forza 3).

I never said Forza reflections were perfect, going under the tunnels of the one tracks (forget it name) and the tunnel is not refelcted in the car. But the reflections are massively superior to GTs which is why I cracked up when Tenacious D pulled it up as a negative!!

Hypocrite much? Should I report you? ;)

And Hotspitta, sorry, but all of my points are well known and discussed quite a bit in the Forza boards where I used to hang out. Now don't cry or anything, since Forza 4 has a good chance to set all things aright in your BELOVETH series.

I treat people the way they treat me, be nice to me and I'm nice back. Be an arse (like you) and I'm an arse right back.

your not arguing the car shake anymore.....pray tell why?

i'd say , everyone who like's forza more than GT , go to a FORZA forum then...
( or quit ur bitchin )

<facepalm>

I'd say, everyone who likes GT5 so much stop bitching and whining about complaints in a thread like this.

In cockpit and bonnet cams you can clearly see other cars reflected in front of you and it's a real time reflection too. You can them spin out, smoke and damage in these reflections.
Oh, and it's 60fps too.

Strange that the mirrors in FM4 are 30fps but they have excellent detail in them so it's a trade off.

Anyways back to the main issue at hand.

gt5time4darkxuoi.gif

gt5-toscana02v752.gif

What's there to drop?

I treat people the way they treat me, be nice to me and I'm nice back. Be an arse (like you) and I'm an arse right back.

your not arguing the car shake anymore.....pray tell why?
That's hardly an excuse. Being a brat is being a brat, and so are report worthy posts. And I'm not arguing the point because like everything with these two games, it's all based on personal opinion, like you insisting that the brain "filters out" car shake in real life. Yes, because the brain gets used to it. I never filter it out, I always see it, I just ignore it. Oh, and the world shakes too, I have to tell you. I'm also not seeing the hundreds, or even dozens, of posts about the subject because evidently it doesn't bother most players. I also don't have eternity to live on these boards, when I'd much rather be racing. I just pop in now and then and spend an hour or so.

Now maybe there should be an adjustment to the shake to suit everyone, I'm fine with that. Happy, now that I'll agree with you?

Oh, and on Forza 4's reflections, they're dandy, but they should be after hiring a Hollywood production studio to help T10 with their lighting code, and spending so much money they won't admit to how much. Those reflections sure improve the feel of the car, don't they? ;) Now if you mean Forza 3's lighting engine, you go ahead and like it all you want, but it's not as good.

As much as I prefer the Rally physics from GT4, vandalizer's post above really makes me want to Rally right now, but I can't seem to tear myself away from the Spec II thread! :lol:

I just find it hilariously ironic how robbo dismissed everything ten d said about forza by saying none of those faults effects the racing but goes on about the cam shake in cockpit view in gt5 ..
LOL I barely notice it personally , only really notice it on indy ( because its a very bump track and its know just forr that ) but its not as major as your trying to make it seem.
If it bother you that much just use a different cam I guess./argument

That's hardly an excuse. Being a brat is being a brat, and so are report worthy posts. And I'm not arguing the point because like everything with these two games, it's all based on personal opinion, like you insisting that the brain "filters out" car shake in real life. Yes, because the brain gets used to it. I never filter it out, I always see it, I just ignore it. Oh, and the world shakes too, I have to tell you. I'm also not seeing the hundreds, or even dozens, of posts about the subject because evidently it doesn't bother most players. I also don't have eternity to live on these boards, when I'd much rather be racing. I just pop in now and then and spend an hour or so.

Now maybe there should be an adjustment to the shake to suit everyone, I'm fine with that. Happy, now that I'll agree with you?

Oh, and on Forza 4's reflections, they're dandy, but they should be after hiring a Hollywood production studio to help T10 with their lighting code, and spending so much money they won't admit to how much. Those reflections sure improve the feel of the car, don't they? ;) Now if you mean Forza 3's lighting engine, you go ahead and like it all you want, but it's not as good.

I didn't say it's an excuse, it's a reason. It's not hypocrisy tho. Fine report my post, let the mods see the whole thing. If I've stepped out of line I'll take the punishment. Will you?

It's not the brain filtering it out, it's the whole damping affect of the neck and eyes. You are looking at videos of a fixed camera internal view and see everything shaking and assume that it's real. It's NOT. I'm not saying there's no movement at all, that would be equaly unrealistic, but GT5s is very much OTT.....somewhat arcadey like, dare I say it. I think it's aimed to appease the NFS, Burnout and Blur people.

So it's not a valid complaint if it only affects a few people eh? Even if it makes them ill,....gosh I'm voting for you as Mr Empathy 2010...NOT. But at least you accept that it should be adjustable how magnanimous of you.

You don't live on these boards...you joined a few months after me and shall we compare our post counts??? Who lives here more you or me?

Back onto the reflections issue, I never mentioned F4 I'm on about F3. But I realise your comment was only about F1 and 2. Seeing as F1 was on an Xbox that may explain crappy reflections and I never has F2 so couldn't comment on how bad the reflections were. But either way it doesn't detract from the fact that GT5's reflections are considerably worse than Forza 3s.

Try to understand that I was a HUGE GT fan. I have bought GT1, GT2, GT3, GT3 concept, GT4 prologue, GT4, GT5...and TT. That's EIGHT PD titles...I have bought F1 and F3....TWO that's IT. I complain about GT5 so much because I feel in too many important areas it went backwards. And if PD sorted out the issues I have with the game it would be a LOT BETTER. Why is that such a bad thing in your eyes?

:lol: You misunderstood. Delete the entire thread, not only your post.

Your reply was ambiguous though.

Last edited by a moderator:
To say GT5 has no reflections. I mean they look like reflections but they aren't. Same goes to mirror "reflections". That's old trick - PD used them since GT3.

👍

People say GT5's TRACKS looks dull. :dopey:

I say, "I like them natural."

That's two of GT5s best tracks. When GT is good it's DAMN good. the game is just too inconsistant though. Trial Mountain and Deep Forest are just scaled up ports of the GT4 versions...that is just poor.

That's two of GT5s best tracks. When GT is good it's DAMN good. the game is just too inconsistant though. Trial Mountain and Deep Forest are just scaled up ports of the GT4 versions...that is just poor.

Yeah. I've played FM4 and that's a feeling of sure. You sure that overall graphics quality will not change. But in GT5 there is a sort of "fearing" - one thing looks extremely good, then comes bad part. And so on... However - now I don't mind - GT5 is GT5 - nothing more, nothing less.

I just find it hilariously ironic how robbo dismissed everything ten d said about forza by saying none of those faults effects the racing but goes on about the cam shake in cockpit view in gt5 ..
LOL I barely notice it personally , only really notice it on indy ( because its a very bump track and its know just forr that ) but its not as major as your trying to make it seem.
If it bother you that much just use a different cam I guess./argument

Explain how the VIEW out of the car does not affect the racing...go on. seriously ......I'm utterly utterly aghast.

I can't stand the other views, I do not drive an invisible car nor do I drive a car sat on it's roof. I love the immersion of the cockpit view. I'm primarily a PC sim racer but always enjoyed the GT take. But as they've progressed that GTs are getting further and further away from what REALLY makes a sim.

Yeah. I've played FM4 and that's a feeling of sure. You sure that overall graphics quality will not change. But in GT5 there is a sort of "fearing" - one thing looks extremely good, then comes bad part. And so on... However - now I don't mind - GT5 is GT5 - nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly, IF EVERY car in GT5 was premium or EVERY track looked like Tsukuba or Monza....I'd be way more able to forgive some of the other flaws, because it would look SO INCREDIBLE (to go with the physics).....but then I drive a standard car on trial mountain and it's just.....why? the drop is TOO far.....It's frustrating that GT5 should have been so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Explain how the VIEW out of the car does not affect the racing...go on. seriously ......I'm utterly utterly aghast.

I can't stand the other views, I do not drive an invisible car nor do I drive a car sat on it's roof. I love the immersion of the cockpit view. I'm primarily a PC sim racer but always enjoyed the GT take. But as they've progressed that GTs are getting further and further away from what REALLY makes a sim.

I hate to say it, but you wont get anywhere with some people on this forum.

I agree with all your points personally. Cockpit view is the only way to go, but you cant go that route in GT5. The fact that some people claim best driving on a console is in GT5, then use a bumper-cam, and can hit a wall at 200mph without destroying a car, makes me scratch my head.

Even if you are an old fan of the series like yourself, it seems pointing out a flaw is cause for mass hysteria. Being a GT5 fanatic means you think its perfect and there is no other racing game in the world.

I guess what I am saying is, there are lots of people who agree with you, but the faithfuls will arugue every flaw even if its true.

I agree with all your points personally. Cockpit view is the only way to go, but you cant go that route in GT5. The fact that some people claim best driving on a console is in GT5, then use a bumper-cam, and can hit a wall at 200mph without destroying a car, makes me scratch my head.

Even if you are an old fan of the series like yourself, it seems pointing out a flaw is cause for mass hysteria. Being a GT5 fanatic means you think its perfect and there is no other racing game in the world.

I guess what I am saying is, there are lots of people who agree with you, but the faithfuls will arugue every flaw even if its true.

I know...silly thing is I don't post here all that often. Yet if someone is wrong I'll let them know about it. At least I should be happy that it seems Tenacious D has seen some logic in my cam shake issue. I will never criticise GT5s premium cars or the better tracks, or (most of) the physics. But where it let's itself down I'll complain. In real life I'm a perfectionist....Kaz is supposed to be a perfectionist....but there is NO way he can be if he was happy with GT5.

Exactly, everything in anything needs improvement.

Broken record man.

Bolded sentences are things that are said too often. Underlined sentences are stereotypes that are used too often.

Also, the overused statement about crashing into a wall going 200 mph and surviving without a scratch. Like I mean, no one can survive that.

That one is just old and pointless to say.

Exactly, everything in anything needs improvement.

Broken record man.

Bolded sentences are things that are said too often. Underlined sentences are stereotypes that are used too often.

Also, the overused statement about crashing into a wall going 200 mph and surviving without a scratch. Like I mean, no one can survive that.

That one is just old and pointless to say.

Ok let me re-phrase, going 50 MPH into a wall, and having your car bounce off and keep going is pretty inaccurate. Downshifting from 6th to 1st going 120mph and it NOT damaging your gearbox is inaccurate.

Is that better?

My point, is every game has flaws. Pointing them out *even accurate ones* causes people to freak out and start slinging crap, just because someone is trying to discuss it.

Tired statements, and ones said "too much" dont make them less true.

Back