Anyone planning on dropping GT5?

• Yes

Votes: 105 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 672 78.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
NO! Jesus what the hell why should i drop this for some strange game that isn't even as good? Oh i have a idea lets sell Midnight Club LA because Fifa 12 is coming out! Yay!

Mods please close this

I'm not going to drop GT5 as i'm involved in GTP championships and other occasional championships with friends.....

But honestly , I don't play as much as I used to . I've got 981 cars in my garage , just a few premiums left to pick up too.

A nice big update will bring me back more often , but I doubt it's actually coming.

I don't have an xbox to jump to :( yet. But even if I did, I wouldn't abandon gt5, I'd still play it, much in the same way I play more than one racing game on my ps3.

NO! Jesus what the hell why should i drop this for some strange game that isn't even as good? Oh i have a idea lets sell Midnight Club LA because Fifa 12 is coming out! Yay!

Yeah, not a good analogy - Forza and GT are both very similar in gameplay: both are racing games, both have amazing graphics and both don't have Porsches. What's your reasoning for finding the game 'strange'?

Mods please close this

I won't drop it either, but I thought we all learned our lesson about pre-judging a game before release day waaaaay back in november 2010. I guess not.

Don't like the strange feel Forza has. It feels too arcadey for me.

i admit it's a good game, and there's lots of things it does that i'd like to see in GT but it just doesn't feel quite right.

Plus I cba to pay for xbox live for one game (my 360 gathers dust these days).

Notice how 'No' has completely swamped out everything else in the poll already.

Anyway, I don't have a 360.

This thread is pointless, seeing how almost all of the votes are "NO" and people are either saying play both or I'm not going to drop Gran Turismo. There isn't even a real interesting debate.

I agree with one of the posts, this thread only causes fanboy-ism and flame wars. Mods please close down this thread. 👎

Notice how 'No' has completely swamped out everything else in the poll already.

Anyway, I don't have a 360.

Pretty much what I would have expected. I also expect this thread to go nuclear at any time has a total fanboy apocolypse unleashes itself in a massive flame of nuclear energy. :lol:
I don't think most fans of the genre actually "drop" one game for another. They just drift from one to the other depending on what they feel like doing at any given moment.

Dont have a 360 and dont plan to buy one either so no.

GT5 all the way! (even more so as I have a T500 RS lined up shortly!) XD

Nope, still playing it, despite the massive flaws. Few people appear to realise that it is entirely possible to play (and enjoy) more than one game.

I dont care about xbox or forza , i'm really happy with ps3 and gran turismo but i dont think that forza will be as good as gt5 maybe some features are better than gt5 but the whole game is NOT good as gt5

for examble i just noticed that in some other threads , while playing forza with kinect there is something wierd there, how can it be a simulator if the player ( you ) drive while standing up and the player hands holding in the air i mean it dont react like g27 resist and what ever other things g27 offer , well , you know what i mean , and the last thing here i heard/read about a feature or an option you can make the car automatically brakes when you enter a corner .

i dont know about you guys but if forza is not a simulator how can we compare it with simulator game .

if any thing wrong with my comment/opnion/facts please correct me .

I dont care about xbox or forza , i'm really happy with ps3 and gran turismo but i dont think that forza will be as good as gt5 maybe some features are better than gt5 but the whole game is NOT good as gt5

for examble i just noticed that in some other threads , while playing forza with kinect there is something wierd there, how can it be a simulator if the player ( you ) drive while standing up and the player hands holding in the air i mean it dont react like g27 resist and what ever other things g27 offer , well , you know what i mean , and the last thing here i heard/read about a feature or an option you can make the car automatically brakes when you enter a corner .

i dont know about you guys but if forza is not a simulator how can we compare it with simulator game .

if any thing wrong with my comment/opnion/facts please correct me .

I'm not sure about how a few aids/gimmicks (nobody has to use) can be used to say one game isn't comperable with another on it's base merits, or that these items suddenly launch a title out of one genre, and into another, but it's your opinion. I for one will rent it before I label it one way or another.

I play it very rarely these days.
If I read about a certain car or see the car on Top Gear, I might have a look to drive it in GT5, but the lack of new tracks or an editor to create my own races with varying AI skill levels means I still use GTR Evo and will wait for Rfactor2.

I'm still hoping for a big surprise from PD regarding DLC, Tracks etc, but I think I'm clutching at straws.
I don't even want to think about GT6 as I think I got an ulcer from waiting all that time for GT5. I'm not blessed with a lot of patience. :-)

Might have a look at Forza 4 but I think PC sims are better for me even though GT5 has a lot of potential.
I think my dissapointment with GT5 is because I like to play offline more than online.

No way, I rarely play it these days, but it's always nice to have a game I can try my best to better my timing , test drive cars I don't have and try to GOLD that vettel challenge.

even driving f1 10 in that game is fun

Back