Anyone still play GT5

Australia
Melbourne
Senator2655
Senator265
ive re downloaded updates and all dlc for gran turismo 5. Does anyone still play this game ? I also have gt6 drive club project cars the crew f1 2015 as well

Yes I still play it. But once I complete the big endurance races & get gold on the races I don't have currently then I will be having my GT focus 100% on 6. Until GTS drops the bass. I also play pCarz & Assetto Corsa.

...it feels like the tyres are a bit more realistic in 5 - my times in 6 tend to be a few seconds faster than they are in 5.

That's because the Comfort Medium in GT6 has the same amount of grip as Comfort Soft in GT5. All the tyres in GT6 have 1 more level of grip compared to GT5, so if you want to get similar times between the games you have to make sure to go down 1 trye compound in GT6.

Back on topic; I don't play GT5 anymore.

I recently played 1.0 GT5, no update, applied my replica setup on several cars ( 370Z and R34 GTR ), and drive them at Tsukuba and both GT5 and GT6 car has similar lap time ( within 2-4 tenths ) on same tire, same weight, same suspension and LSD setup ( as close as possible to GT6 car ) Drove them at the same pace as well, and watch the replay on both GT5 and GT6. The physics is the most striking difference, but GT5 cars still gives very close lap time, although a bit harder to achieve higher limit for the R34 GTR replica ( understeer and oversteer is more acute in GT5 ) and suspension movement are less visible than GT6. Camber on both also yield similar cornering grip/speed at Tsukuba, and we all know how GT6 camber is "broken" :lol:

GT5 1.0 is still enjoyable to drive, spent 6 hours climbing up A spec level to purchase the cars I wanted, will get back again soon, and maybe update to 2.x to get back my hybrid garage ( lots of replicas )

I tried the MX5 Roadster 2007 at Tsukba in GT5 & in GT6 when GT6 it first came out, & the only way I could get the same lap times was by going down 1 grade of tyre from Comfort Soft to Comfort medium in GT6. I also tried with the Ferrari F430 Scuderia at Monza, & likewise the only way I could get the same lap time was by changing from Sports Hard to Comfort Soft. Both cars were stock, so no tuning whatsoever.

Maybe there are differences between the updates, all I can say for sure is that when I tested this, these were the results I got.

Which version is the GT5 ? I used 1.0 - no update, and the only difference with my GT6 replica setup is weight distribution in GT5 cannot be altered ( weight reduction is permanent and no ballast feature ) I tested both 370Z and R34 GTR Nur on CS tire on GT5 stock weight, but same power, gear ratio, lsd, suspension to GT6 replicas I have. The R34 GTR in GT5 is a bit slower than GT6, mainly due to the way the weight vs body behavior on cornering, GT5 is twitchy on the limit of trail braking, under and over can happen in a sudden moment late in corner entry, overall more tendency to understeer and slower chassis reaction to steering, while lift off oversteer can be more pronounced when dong late braking. This is on 1.0 :D.

On higher speed track, GT6 cars might have advantage due to the lack of drag ( aero drag is much lesser than GT5 ) This is why I used Tsukuba. Easily noticeable with the R34 and 370Z top speed at La Sarthe 2009 no chicane. GT5 top speed is about 10 kmh less than GT6 ( for the R34 GTR ) and took much longer to get there once above 180kmh.

I still play it. In fact I'm in the FGT series on B-Spec as we speak. Since its been offline there's no way to get the FGT until you finish Endurance Series and get the Level 24 ticket (then save in a USB in case you get one of the worthless [such a shame] Ferrari F1 cars). What a pain (still) going from Level 35 to 40, weeks of non-stop B-Spec grinding the Ring 4 hour race. Anyway, I'm retired and have time to spare, it's fun to go back and just start from square 1 on the GT series.

Even with all its faults, it's still pretty fascinating as a challenge, including the physics and graphics involved. I've played and replayed GT 3-6 several times. Never played any of them, always 2 or 3 things that prevent that. It's not always super exciting, but I enjoy getting lost in it sometimes. Working your way up and keeping things that make it too easy to a minimum, you still get a sense of accomplishment.

Welcome to the world of Gran Turismo...

I'm playing it right now and I've reached 94% in career modus. But I have a serious question. Can I still buy the Gran Formula in GT5? I know I can only get it on the UCL. But I played now for 5 days without any chances. Even the Chapparal C2 was in the garage three times but never the Gran Formula. Can anyone approve that I can still get it or is it offline now? I would like to reach 100% and this is the only/last car I need. Would be nice if you could answer me. Thank you.

I'm playing it right now and I've reached 94% in career mode. But I have a serious question. Can I still buy the Formula Gran Turismo in GT5? I know I can only get it on the UCL. But I played now for 5 days without any chances. Even the Chapparal 2J was in the garage three times but never the Formula Gran Turismo. Can anyone approve that I can still get it or is it offline now? I would like to reach 100% and this is the only/last car I need. Would be nice if you could answer me. Thank you.
FTFY.

No, the GT5 servers aren't online anymore.

I just bought GT 5 a few weeks ago so yes I'm still playing it this the only racing game I have. Sadly I don't have internet so I'm having to wait forever for something good to come in used cars section lol.

FTFY.

No, the GT5 servers aren't online anymore.

i have seen the formula gt available in the used cars for just under 5 mil, when i wasn't online and didn't have any updates. it is rare, but i saw it several times before i got to the level i could buy it, and then i had to save up the money, but it can be done. it was rarer than 5 days between tho. i played it for 3 or 4 months and saw it probably half a dozen times or less. it's there. i noticed several other cars like this too, rare but there, whereas others are so common there are two or three identical ones there at the same time. the updates you can get make a difference in that the game is so much nicer, but i haven't played it that much since i updated it. so i don't know if they tinkered with the used cars since the original release. that would suck if they took it out tho. i'd say give it a couple of weeks and check the used cars every time you finish any single event or race. that's how i did it.

I just bought GT 5 a few weeks ago so yes I'm still playing it this the only racing game I have. Sadly I don't have internet so I'm having to wait forever for something good to come in used cars section lol.
if you aren't almost done, save your money. the formula gt is 5 mil, and the red bull is 20 mil. if you know someone with internet it would be worth it to take your console over and download the updates, but it'll take most of a day (like 8 hours). i just posted about the formula car, which i only saw when i was offline in the used cars a few times for just under 5, but idk if the updates changed that. i played most of the game without the updates and since getting them i kinda wish i hadn't. it's so much better and easier to use. they actually fixed half of what i hated about it.

just started posting gt5 vidz on my youtube, same name, from the straight-off-the-disc version, and i haven't learned to edit the vidz yet, but i love my new game capture toy. and maybe i'm a crude and rough kid on the course, but i have lots of fun. come check it out. i ain't no pootiepoo and i don't talk over everything, just straight gameplay. i'll get slicker as i go, i promise. but i'm not in it for the $. i just Feed The Need...

Last edited by a moderator:
I still play it. In fact I'm in the FGT series on B-Spec as we speak. Since its been offline there's no way to get the FGT until you finish Endurance Series and get the Level 24 ticket (then save in a USB in case you get one of the worthless [such a shame] Ferrari F1 cars).

I have been refreshing the UCD multiple times every day for close to a week and have still been unable to find the FGT. Knowing that I will get a Lvl 24 ticket after beating the Endurance series is a relief and thanks for the USB trick.

Back