Anyone thinks GTS has the best feeling from all the racing games out for PS4?

• Thread starter Petroperu
  • 61 comments
Nah, I've downloaded the game probably 10 different times. I think as a game it's really good. The track list last amazing. The racing can be really good with an excellent features for setting up the races. But I find the FFB the feel of the driving with my T300 to be close to terrible. It feels more like I'm controlling something floaty rather than a car connected to the road. And don't get me started on rubble strips pulling you off the road. I'll admit it has moments where it clicks a little bit for me. But those are short lived.
Do you recall what settings you were running, as a lot of what you have mentioned can be caused by (and resolved) by that?

These are the ones I use (T300 as well), which may be handy if you felt like giving it ago again.

On a controller, nothing beats GTS. Codies games are easy on a pad but don't feel nearly as nice. Any SIM more serious gets into need-a-wheel territory to really get the max enjoyment.

I'm wary of ACC on PS4 because it's a port and there are plenty of horror stories from the first one. Those in the know seem to think the PS4 simply isn't capable of the level of physics simulation AC has.

I think this points to a truth - GTS is bespoke designed for the PlayStation, made to get the best out of the system whilst running stable on the console.

People speak highly of Project Cars 2 so I do imagine it's good, but it has a billion menus and seems like everything can be fine tuned in that game, which strikes me as a different solution to the "best feel" problem by leaving it in the hands of the user to an extent. I've never been particularly confident moving a bunch of sliders around and I'd rather jump in a game that feels good with minimal adjustment. The only adjustments I use for GTS are steering sensitivity up to 7, CSA and ASM off.

In terms of a racing game you can boot up straight away with no peripheral investment (wheel etc) and minimal settings tinkering, GTS is as good as it gets on PS4 IMO.

There's also wreckfest, which doesn't need the most convincing physics/handling model, because the point of the game is "holy crap that guy just DIED".

Do you recall what settings you were running, as a lot of what you have mentioned can be caused by (and resolved) by that?

These are the ones I use (T300 as well), which may be handy if you felt like giving it ago again.

I have a T300RS and I've always been a little lost when it comes to the FFB settings in PC2. I'll give these a go next time I play PC2. Cheers, mate.

I have tried Dirt Rally, Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and Driveclub.
Out of those, I'd say Driveclub feels the best but none of them compare to GTS in terms of feeling.
Even with the numb G29, that road feeling is particularly good.
For example, I took the 2015 Mustang GT to Brands Hatch GP in a quick race in both Assetto and GTS.
I played it with no assists in GTS save weak ABS and factory settings in AC.
I had so much trouble getting the sense of speed in AC and even felt the steering way too heavy.
Maybe I already got used to it but I think that feeling in GTS is unparalled.

It's is simply unmatched when you hit everything perfectly. Of course it gets the primary physics correct or that feeling wouldn't be there.

Is it perfect? No, but the balance between full on hardcore simulation and being able to drive it like and feel the racing is achieved to almost perfection.

For me personally, GTS has the worst feeling out of all the sims I've played on PS4. This is mainly due to the awfull FFB understeer vibration effect/bug, & also becuase of the genarally dull, lifeless FFB. I've not played the game with my wheel in I can't remember how long. With all other prevoious GT games I played going back to GT3 on PS2, I couldn't wait to set up my wheel & jump on. With GTS I really don't wanna set up my wheel at all...

:(

Last edited:
To all the GTS FFB "haters":
There is a big difference whether you set sensitivity to the correct value. Which is 10.
With 1 it is just super dull.

There is a big difference whether you set sensitivity to the correct value. Which is 10.
Which still doesn't correct the missing elements of the FFB, such as the incorrect manner in which it acts over crests (see my Brands Hatch example above), under braking, etc.

Not to mention that no FFB setting on any title is a one size fits all, what works for a G29 will not be the same for a T150 or for a T300 or a Fanatec, etc.

BTW - Pointing out either a preference or an objective issue with GTS' FFB doesn't make anyone a 'hater', and the inflammatory language in what is otherwise a perfectly civil discussion isn't needed at all.

Actually i couldn't really tell on my wheel if 1 or 10 was the most sensitive, on account of how little detail is available.

And it's not just me, I've seen it several times on this forum that some have said that 1 gives the most sensitivity. The fact that there is even a question in the first place as to whether 1 or 10 gives more detail says more than enough. It should be absolutely blindingly obvious.

I ran 3-10 in gts on t300 or 4-10. On csl I ran the 5-1 quite a while and it’s good but using ten is a bit better in feeling the edges of grip. It’s not that much different but if you’re in racecars it gives more info at ten, but it’s subtle.
Re feel, AC in the e30 quick race at Mugello is pretty fantastic to me...DR2 is great. PC2 I liked the Porsche gt3 at Sonoma, but ffb feel lacked a bit. I’m going to maybe try it again if I tire of dr2 ever. AC is nice simply in ffb, but imo dr2 has a better look. AC my immersion gets destroyed every time I look at other cars lol. If you switch from that to GTS no hud GTS blows you away...
All these games have pieces...FFB AC seems best but NOT on all the cars definitely.
For me rn dr2 feels the best overall, immersion wise graphics plus sound plus perspective in car...

Thanks I'll check them out sometime. I have a newborn at home so it may be awhile. I switched to the settings Super GT posted on YouTube a long time ago and those definitely improved and helped the feel for me.

Edit: Baby was asleep so I jumped on for 30 minutes. Your settings definitely improved the feel of the driving for me. Thanks for posting that.

Last edited:
Have GTS and PC2 since launch.

GTS is prettier and easier to throw a car around with little consequence. Also, most of the cars feel and sound the same, TO ME. A keener ear may notice a difference that I don’t.

I’m not a sim expert as I’ve been playing racing games for less than 3 years but in PC2 every car feels different to me. Paying attention to time of day, temperature, and ALL things TIRES, makes all the difference in the world.

it’s much more difficult for me to play PC2 and I love that fact. About a year and a half ago I ran my own little experiment. I took a super car (no, I don’t remember which but I want to say it was a McLaren) with extremely high HP and ran the same car on both games. In GTS, I controlled it with no problem. In PC2 I could not get through a lap without NUMEROUS problems.

PC2 forced me to slow down and pay closer attention to braking, down shifting, throttle control, not mashing the accelerator all the way down too soon, etc. I came away from that experience with so much more respect for professional drivers. It caused me to do a ton of research on what real drivers say about their craft. Hundreds of videos and thousands of articles/quotes/interviews later, I came to the conclusion that PC2 was the best approximation of motor sports I could find on console (PS4 Pro)

@Sick Cylinder runs online leagues and I was blessed to hook up with that group. The differences in driver skill is vast and I absolutely LOVE it. Like he mentioned, there is NO TUNING of the vehicles in his races. So, every driver has the same machinery to work with and only the most skilled, smoothest drivers stand out as elite. I was usually in the bottom 3 but didn’t care because the racing was so clean and so much fun. I bring this up to highlight the point that it should be really hard to be great in motorsports

I’ll take this opportunity to also mention a game that none have mentioned. NASCAR Heat 4. I bought it out of sheer boredom and it took me by surprise, how good the racing was. It falls short of the depth that PC2 has and its singly focused, but its fun to race in.

GTS would be number 3 on my list of which console racing game gets my time

... issue with GTS' FFB doesn't make anyone a 'hater', and the inflammatory language in what is otherwise a perfectly civil discussion isn't needed at all.
Why is "everybody" (oops, did it again!) so overly sensitive in these discussions?
Double quotes obviously indicated that "haters" is to be taken with a grain of salt.

There is a Logitech G29 thread here that explains very well that a maximum FFB setting doesn't mean better feedback.
Basically, setting at 10, you are missing far more track detail than you'd think.
The issue of GTS lack of feedback is software based, not wheel based.
And you immediately notice this when you jump from GTS to PC2 to Assetto Corsa.

When you get into the "racing groove" and everything clicks, I don't think there's any better game out there on a controller than GT Sport. I own a Logitech G25 that I can use on my PC for Assetto Corsa when I have space and my PC isn't broken (which it currently is), but for the PS4 I don't have a compatible wheel or the space for one. Of course, this means that I have to play every PS4 racing game I own on a controller. Assetto Corsa on a controller is awful, every car I drive understeers, Project CARS 2 on a controller is awful, I die instantly and ruin my race over any kerb I hit. GT Sport is the only racing game where I can pick up a controller, not have to practice too much and bang out lap after lap in complete control and comfort.

Car of the Week is my preferred place for online racing, and I took a long hiatus (3 months or so) to play AC exclusively on the PC. When I made the transition back to GT Sport, it took me barely any time to readjust and I was competitive again in just one session. Everything just felt right, even though the car we were driving that week was a pig (Gr.X Audi VGT).

Of course, none of this is to say it's realistic, just to say that it's incredibly accessible and just feels right.

@MisterWaffles I agree that playing GTS with a controller is the best of them. There are some who have found good set ups for controller on PC2 but I still don’t know if it’s as easy as it is with GTS

Why is "everybody" (oops, did it again!) so overly sensitive in these discussions?
Double quotes obviously indicated that "haters" is to be taken with a grain of salt.
Read the AUP you agreed to when you joined, it’s rather clear in this regard.

What is more interesting is that you utterly ignored the rest of my post!

I've been using FFB wheels in GT games since GT3, & am quite discerning when it comes to this issue. My settings are 4 for Torgue &10 for Sensitivity. I figured out the best settings so as to avoid clipping & get the best detail very early on. However, the FFB is nowhere near as detailed & crisp as it was in GT6, which IMO, had the best FFB the series has seen to date. Add in the awful vibration effect/bug (that mostly affects road cars) & GTS has the worst FFB out of the lot. I had more fun with GT3's FFB.

I have to agree with the ones who said PC2 has a better feeling than GTS. I often see people give PC2 a lot of 🤬 but after I tried it a while ago, imo on a wheel PC2 feels amazing compared to GTS, you can really feel what the car is doing and the weight transfer feel is much more evident.

Having said that, Gran Turismo has that unique combination of sim-like and arcade elements which I think is great. You can jump in and get that almost sim-like experience without too much work, it has a learning curve for sure but not as much as PC2. PC2 is hard work.

Also, I grew up with Gran Turismo, played them all since the first one ever, and the thing with GT is that it offers always the best overall experience for the era is in. The menus, the music, the content and the graphics, they all add up to give you that amazing feeling throughout, it's not just the driving imo.

PC2 is really hit and miss with the cars. Some cars feel great, others feel really bad and you have to spend a lot of time tuning them.

I think AC feels better overall. But I barely play it. What I love is that I can turn on GTS, play it with my wheel or my controller and I have a good time both ways. I think it's fantastic that they made the experience very enjoyable with the to inputs, which is very cool for when I'm lazy and just want to be on the couch playing with the controller on the (lacking) offline modes. And then I can jump on the rig and play online with the wheel and the game feels great there too. I turned the sensitivity down a bit, and I feel the game does a great job telling me when I'm losing the car and when I'm losing grip due to old tires.

I love GTS but I would not put it anywhere near the top when it comes to feel. There are numerous other games that do it better that have already been mentioned in this thread.

So, been locked down and needing a change. Dr2 is excellent!!!
But, seemed a shame to have PC2 and never play it...Today I went at it again, older, wiser. I have to give it credit. After about four hours of experimentation I began to get things looking right and ffb providing car control. It’s a good game.
The 488 Ferarri is a good gt3 as is the Porsche. The old m3 is a great match for Long Beach street circuit and the old Penske z28 is awesome at Willow Springs at night. Once you get the camera settings and cockpit view setup so it looks good the driving gets far better than you might think at first try.
Once you get used to the ffb it drives well. I used raw 100 60 50 50 50 on my csl with FEI 40 dri -1 all else 100.
Overall ‘feel’ it’s exciting and immersive. Feel like admitting that right now. It was hard to put down today. On my setup it looks way way better than AC. The ffb is better than I thought before when I tried it.
Anymore I think I’m turning to different titles for different combos...They all have some cool aspects...

ACC has best feeling by miles according to real gt3 drivers (many people wrote pc2 here but it's quite broken game)

snc
many people wrote pc2 here but it's quite broken game

I'm not saying it's your case but I see around a lot of people giving PC2 some 🤬 and last time they played it was years ago.
In which way is broken exactly?

ACC is good but also not perfect. Plus this post is about PS4 and we yet have to see ACC on PS4.

As someone already said, they all have some cool aspects, I don't think there is the one perfect game.

I have to say that of all the racing sims iv played gran turismo has always just felt the most "right" to me and gt sport is the best of the lot(never played gt6)

I never played a gt game for about 3 years between 5 and sport and between those times I played a multitude of other racing sims, project car 1 and 2, forza 6 and 7, f1 games, iracing etc and none of them clicked with me in terms of driving although I did like the f1 games up till the hybrid era.

I had and xbox and PC compatible wheel which is why I never bought GT sport but just couldn't find that feel in any other racing game.

So i bought a G29 and gt sport, set everything up and straight away i felt at home. Everything just felt right, i knew what the car was doing, the wheel was communicating the oversteer, understeer, the slides, the trail braking etc and I just felt fully in control especially in the braking which I think gt does better than any other game iv played.....an opinion I'm sure not many people will agree with though.

Much like everything else though I do think FFB, handling and feel are all subjective and naturally opinions and preferences will vary from person to person

One thing iv not mentioned is Asseto corsa as iv not played any of those games but I will say this. When i do get round to playing AAC it better blow my doors off given the way folk go on about its handling lol

I'm not saying it's your case but I see around a lot of people giving PC2 some 🤬 and last time they played it was years ago.
In which way is broken exactly?

ACC is good but also not perfect. Plus this post is about PS4 and we yet have to see ACC on PS4.

As someone already said, they all have some cool aspects, I don't think there is the one perfect game.
It common opinion of simracing youbutbers I watch like kie25, super gt, jimmy broadbent and real gt3 driver David Perel. I played it this year maybe not so much but still found out bizzare behaviour that very small setup adjustment can change undrivable car to very easy in handling, something is broken in their physics engine.

snc
It common opinion of simracing youbutbers I watch like kie25, super gt, jimmy broadbent and real gt3 driver David Perel. I played it this year maybe not so much but still found out bizzare behaviour that very small setup adjustment can change undrivable car to very easy in handling, something is broken in their physics engine.

AMS2 uses the same Engine and it feels awesome though.

I love GTS but I would not put it anywhere near the top when it comes to feel. There are numerous other games that do it better that have already been mentioned in this thread.
A lot of other games over exaggerate the FFB in their setting. As in AC, when you launch your car in real life, your wheels doesn't shake violently as it does in the game. Real life steering feel is actually dull and what ever you are sensing is from the vibrations in the cars. GTS recreates steering feel accurately.

On AC I like it best with all the canned effects in ffb off.
Pc2 I’m finding best to adjust gain per car or kart. 100 is way too much for certain vehicles.

Back