Anyone using a Fanatec CSL DD on Xbox for Project Cars 2?

• Thread starter Jezza819
  • 15 comments
United States
Alabamistan
I was hoping Project Cars 2 would work with the CSL DD but the game won't recognize the wheel. I think the only two choices are a Thrustmaster and something else but not a Fanatec.

Have you tried switching to compatibility mode? Comp mode makes the CSL DD appear as a Clubsport v2.5 to the device it is plugged into.

Have you tried switching to compatibility mode? Comp mode makes the CSL DD appear as a Clubsport v2.5 to the device it is plugged into.
No I haven't tried that yet. I know there has been a couple of times at start up when the wheel wouldn't stay in Xbox mode it would say "error cannot go into xbox mode" and then revert to compatibility mode. When it was in compatibility mode nothing on the wheel worked.

I had to power it off then on again to finally get it to stay in Xbox mode. So if I go into compatibility mode to try to get the game to recognize the wheel, I don't know if any controls would work.

No I haven't tried that yet. I know there has been a couple of times at start up when the wheel wouldn't stay in Xbox mode it would say "error cannot go into xbox mode" and then revert to compatibility mode. When it was in compatibility mode nothing on the wheel worked.

I had to power it off then on again to finally get it to stay in Xbox mode. So if I go into compatibility mode to try to get the game to recognize the wheel, I don't know if any controls would work.
I am PS4, not xbox user, but on PS4 I need to switch to compatbility mode, insted of PS4 mode, because PC2 is old game.

I was hoping Project Cars 2 would work with the CSL DD but the game won't recognize the wheel. I think the only two choices are a Thrustmaster and something else but not a Fanatec.
I received my CSL DD on Monday, installed driver 429 and I have no problem playing PCars 2 on the series s.
Runs smooth with no issues.

Last edited:
I received my CSL DD on Monday, installed driver 429 and I have no problem playing PCars 2 on the series s.
Runs smooth with no issues.
In which mode, Xbox or Compatibility? Does your wheel show up in the PC2 settings menu? What wheel do you have?

I’m on Xbox mode, Compat-mode doesn’t work, it disconnects.
The CSL DD doesn’t show up in the PCars 2 settings, it still shows my CSW
but I have the Mclaren V1 connected.

Yeah in compatibility mode nothing works for me either. That could be why yours is working and mine isn't in Xbox mode. Yours is at least showing a CSW where mine is just showing a Thrustmaster Xbox wheel. But I was trying to use the Universal Hub I have connected to the GT2 rim since it was what I used for PC2 when I had my CSW V2.5. I have a Clubsport V2 that I use for F1 2021 and ACC. I might try to connect it and see if PC2 will at least recognize it as a CSW.

Did you use your McLaren V1 for PC2 before you got the CSL DD?

Yeah, the Mclaren is my main wheel.
I also have the universal hub V1, but
it doesn’t work with the CSL DD.
(Warning) After installing driver 429 I can no longer adjust my FF settings on the fly.

Yeah, the Mclaren is my main wheel.
I also have the universal hub V1, but
it doesn’t work with the CSL DD.
(Warning) After installing driver 429 I can no longer adjust my FF settings on the fly.
Ok that must mean it's a universal hub thing where it just won't be recognized. I'll try it next with the Formula V2. But I'm guessing since the game only recognizes a CSW you only have the settings that a CSW would? Which really shouldn't be a problem just as long as it worked.

Well I tried again with my Formula V2 connected and that didn't work either. I haven't actually tried playing the game in this configuration as I have no idea what settings would need to be used.

Project CARS 2 (10).png

Strange? I haven’t played PC2 in a few days, did a couple of laps and noticed my wheel didn’t feel the same. Check the settings, and I’m seeing the same, doesn’t show CSW at all, seems to be locked in, can’t change it.
On the good side it still plays fairly well with descent FFB,
calibrating the wheel at 90 degree is way off.

Attachments

• B166FE40-0227-46D9-899C-65630783FF97.jpeg
    B166FE40-0227-46D9-899C-65630783FF97.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 22
Strange? I haven’t played PC2 in a few days, did a couple of laps and noticed my wheel didn’t feel the same. Check the settings, and I’m seeing the same, doesn’t show CSW at all, seems to be locked in, can’t change it.
On the good side it still plays fairly well with descent FFB,
calibrating the wheel at 90 degree is way off.
I guess I could try just plugging in the settings in the game as if it were a CSL DD and see what that does. I hate to totally lose PC2 as I was still playing it occasionally when I had my CSW.

I decided to try it just plugging in the settings from Fanatec for the CSL DD even though the game says "Thrustmaster" and it does work even though it's not quite as good back when it recognized the CSW V2.5. But at least the game is still playable.

I decided to try it just plugging in the settings from Fanatec for the CSL DD even though the game says "Thrustmaster" and it does work even though it's not quite as good back when it recognized the CSW V2.5. But at least the game is still playable.
That's what I do. It works well enough.

Back