Apex Endurance League: NOV 16 / FINALE - WEC P1/GTE / 22:00 GMT

• Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 351 comments

Should RACE START be moved to 22:00 UK time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will be running a slightly modified livery for the remainder of the GT3 season. Only noticeable change is the red outlines are now a desert yellow.
image0[1].jpg

Just a reminder to everyone: The race is held by Lap Count.

This is due to the nature of Timed Races currently waving chequered flags at racers that have yet to be lapped once racing has reached the allotted time limit.

The Lap Count will be held at 75 Laps, which puts us on course to finish at the 1hr 55 min mark basex on projected pace.

Now as a shake-up to the ruling, I shall be having the race go by the Rolling Start procedure of Brands Hatch, since we're no longer setting the race to a Timed 2hrs and using a formation lap to bring us to racing at 1hr 55 mins.

Please make sure you have familiarised yourselves with the regs for the race, once again the main rule being the tyre stipulations as I will be harsh on those that ignore or violate them.

With a predicted end time 40 minutes later then planned, I had no other option then to retire the car.

Please excuse me, but it was pointless to continue racing, as I would not have hold on that late into the night.

Pity, as the cars, drivers and track made for a good combo.

With a predicted end time 40 minutes later then planned, I had no other option then to retire the car.

Please excuse me, but it was pointless to continue racing, as I would not have hold on that late into the night.

Pity, as the cars, drivers and track made for a good combo.
Sad to hear that bud but I look forward to seeing you on track for the next event!

Is there likely to be a delay in any of the other races, for waiting on people? Or people not having bop or a tune set? I'm with Bo on this, 40 mins after it was due to start was a bit much.

Is there likely to be a delay in any of the other races, for waiting on people? Or people not having bop or a tune set? I'm with Bo on this, 40 mins after it was due to start was a bit much.
It wasn’t even supposed to be delayed. It only was because VRR had to restart twice due to Noir DCing right at the start, and there were multiple safety cars.

Right.

Anyone that has a problem with the waiting, I can sympathise, and while waiting a couple mins is ok, but I have to agree that I made a bad choice waiting for 40 mins to start. That said, I did put the idea to those in the party chat with me and they accepted the idea to wait.

Next week will start on time. If you're not there in time for race start or you turn up and aren't prepared, you are not racing. If you turn up on time and have to ask me what the BoP is or tell me that you have to BRB to put your livery on, you'll be asked to not race, and I won't be swayed by any of you.

I know there are prior commitments and that other members are running in other races elsewhere. However, I will need to make the ones who can be here on time my priority; for my own integrity as a new organiser.

Last edited:
Right.

Anyone that has a problem with the waiting, I can sympathise, and while waiting a couple mins is ok, but I have to agree that I made a bad choice waiting for 40 mins to start. That said, I did put the idea to those in the party chat with me and they accepted the idea to wait.

Next week will start on time. If you're not there in time for race start or you turn up and aren't prepared, you are not racing. If you turn up on time and have to ask me what the BoP is or tell me that you have to BRB to put your livery on, you'll be asked to not race, and I won't be swayed by any of you.

I know there are prior commitments and that other members are running in other races elsewhere. However, I will need to make the ones who can be here on time my priority; for my own integrity as a new organiser.
Oh daddy.

ROUND 3 PRE-RACE POST

Track: Suzuka Circuit
Track Time: 6:30 (Qualifying) 7:45 (Race)
Race Length: 57 Laps (Approx. 115 minutes)

Date: May 25, 2019
Lobby Opening: 21:00 UTC
Qualifying Start: 21:30 UTC
Race Start: 22:00 UTC

Our first back-to-back racing weekend. With the standings shaken up after the hectic race at Dragon Trail - Gardens, we now move on to one of the premier racing circuits in Asia, if not the world, Suzuka. As usual, friendly reminders for everyone:
  • Everyone has free choice on starting the race on either Racing: Hard or Racing: Medium tyres.
  • When a car suffers Engine Damage, regardless of collision with another car or from a single car accident, drivers are required to indicate "D" in the in-game chat.
  • No more than two tyres are allowed beyond kerbs all over the circuit, most importantly out of Degner 2, Spoon curve and the entry to Casio Triangle.
  • With Formation Laps rendered unnecessary in the foreseeable future, the race will start as soon as the Rolling Start countdown reaches zero.
Everyone is advised to re-read Race Neutralization procedures before the race so that everyone would be familiar should the need for it arise.

Driver Attendance Confirmation
Please reply in the thread to confirm the status of your attendance for the race. Deadline for confirmation is May 24, 12:00PM UTC.
  1. AKZL298 (@Akzl298)
  2. ajh_1990 (@andrew1990)
  3. BigNFL (@Mr.Skyline09)
  4. BlueXephos22 (@DaGiBUS)
  5. CFM_TetsuKobura (@TetsuKobura)
  6. Cobani (@Cobani)
  7. CrazyJohn_25 (@CrazyJohn)
  8. CWM_NoirAntares (@Antares26)
  9. CWM_StormPacer (@Storm_SP17)
  10. DRR_Affliction (@Theaffliction)
  11. DRR_Sinyster (@Sinyster)
  12. kikilouise (@Kiki12)
  13. LordJB13 (@JB13)
  14. TNR_FILO (@TNR_KING_FILO)
  15. weescotman (@weescotman)
Also, if anyone is intending to run a special livery for the race, please indicate in the thread so that the appropriate checks can be made, as well as for the special livery to be reflected in this round's spotter's guide.

Last edited:
Ah damn, didnt realize that this next race was so soon. My Saturday is booked so I will unfortunately miss thia event. Sorry lads.

Back