Apex Endurance League: NOV 16 / FINALE - WEC P1/GTE / 22:00 GMT

• Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 351 comments

Should RACE START be moved to 22:00 UK time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be running a special helmet design for this weekends race in memory of Niki Lauda
6989586706103010820_0.jpg

I've re-reviewed the change to the BMW and have concluded that the change affected the Balance of Performance at Suzuka in a damaging way.

This follows after a test at Bathurst yielded an uncannily similar deficit in pace between the BMW and the Mercedes in a post-race shakedown earlier today.

The car will revert back to its original BoP of 84% / 102%.

I take full responsibility for this, as it was a knee-jerk reaction to some comments with no proper fully-fleshed out comparison made to other cars.

Hi all!

Updates to the OP will come shortly for results, just needed to spend a bit of time away from GT Sport.

Next race is Bathurst, I will be looking into what track times to have the Qualifying and Race.... although be prepared to drive the track in the darkness for either one.

ROUND 4 PRE-RACE POST

Track: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Track Time: 18:15 (Qualifying) 5:30 (Race)
Race Length: 55 Laps (Approx. 115 minutes)

Date: June 22, 2019
Lobby Opening: 21:00 UTC
Qualifying Start: 21:30 UTC
Race Start: 22:00 UTC

We're back racing next weekend folks. After the tight racing in Suzuka all the way to the finish, we're going to one of the most challenging circuits in the world, Bathurst, for 115 minutes of racing, where we're in for quite a tough race. Here are the usual points to remember:
  • Everyone has free choice on starting the race on either Racing: Hard or Racing: Medium tyres.
  • When a car suffers Engine Damage, regardless of collision with another car or from a single car accident, drivers are required to indicate "D" in the in-game chat.
  • With Formation Laps rendered unnecessary due to the fixed lap count settings, the race will start as soon as the Rolling Start countdown reaches zero.
Everyone is advised to re-read Race Neutralization procedures before the race so that everyone would be familiar should the need for it arise. Given the nature of this track, this is highly encouraged.

Driver Attendance Confirmation
Please reply in the thread to confirm the status of your attendance for the race. Deadline for confirmation is June 21, 12:00PM UTC.
  1. AKZL298 (@Akzl298)
  2. ajh_1990 (@andrew1990)
  3. BigNFL (@Mr.Skyline09)
  4. BlueXephos22 (@DaGiBUS)
  5. CFM_TetsuKobura (@TetsuKobura)
  6. Cobani (@Cobani)
  7. CWM_NoirAntares (@Antares26)
  8. CWM_StormPacer (@Storm_SP17)
  9. DRR_Affliction (@Theaffliction)
  10. DRR_Sinyster (@Sinyster)
  11. kikilouise (@Kiki12)
  12. LordJB13 (@JB13)
  13. RacingHeartGT (@YayoiGT2)
  14. Street-King-07 (@AudiMan2011)
  15. TNR_FILO (@TNR_KING_FILO)
  16. weescotman (@weescotman)
For the newest team entry to the series, Racing Roleplayers (@AudiMan2011 and @YayoiGT2), please send the links to your liveries to me on GTP so your cars can be included in this race's Spotter's Guide.

Also, be aware that the BoP for the GT3 class has been updated in response to the recent physics changes. Please refer to the table below as to your car's specifications so that we won't have any issues with incorrect BoP settings come raceday.

upload_2019-6-15_19-50-13.png

Last edited:
Quick note, Racing Roleplayers will be switching to the BMW M6 from the R8 for the GT3 season after consultation amongst the team.

Quick note, Racing Roleplayers will be switching to the BMW M6 from the R8 for the GT3 season after consultation amongst the team.
Very kneejerk reaction there, but as stated before... not possible due to all slots being taken.

Will you stick or fold?

Something I forgot to mention in the pre-race post.

Given @Akzl298 and @JB13's lack of response with regards to confirming attendance in the previous two races, not confirming their attendance/absence in this weekend's race will result in their GT3 entries being revoked as per the new rule stated below.
  • Drivers who fail to confirm their attendance/non-attendance on three different occasions will have their entries revoked.
This will be a rule we're introducing moving forward, as we would like to be able to accommodate all interested parties. Full-time spots getting locked by drivers who eventually ghost the series is something we're looking to cut down on.

Last edited:
Back