Apex Endurance League: NOV 16 / FINALE - WEC P1/GTE / 22:00 GMT

• Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 351 comments

Should RACE START be moved to 22:00 UK time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great track to race on. Really wanted to take the fight to Tetsu among others, but the later time slot is breaking me up during the second part of the races.

Next week I cannot attend.

Any change to have the awesome Nurb race to start earlier? (If that isn’t already the case)

Okay

So for the Nurb Quali I do have an idea on how to streamline it so that its quicker finishing and can get underway to the race earlier, if the case may be.

- Practice will not be a thing; so get setup sorted before joining.

- Drivers use the usual Practice portion of the event to head to Dottinger and hold at 1st gantry.

- When GREEN is called, you have the opportunity to warm the tyres down to the start/finish for a ONE SHOT QUALIFYING.

Feel free to express your thoughts guys, we've plenty of time before the 2.4 event to discuss this.

- Practice will not be a thing; so get setup sorted before joining.

- Drivers use the usual Practice portion of the event to head to Dottinger and hold at 1st gantry.

- When GREEN is called, you have the opportunity to warm the tyres down to the start/finish for a ONE SHOT QUALIFYING.
I race in another league that used this format for Nurb 24. It definitely works well, you just have to give a 20-25 second gap per car so that there's no overlap during anyone's qualifying attempt.

ROUND 5 PRE-RACE POST

Track: Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya
Track Time: 19:30 (Qualifying), 20:00 (Race)
Race Length: 50 Laps (Approx. 90 minutes)

Date: June 29, 2019
Lobby Opening: 21:00 UTC
Qualifying Start: 21:30 UTC
Race Start: 22:00 UTC

We're here for yet another back to back racing weekends. Catalunya's way wider than Bathurst, so there's plenty of room for everyone on track. I honestly don't think we'll be needing an FCY this round, but it never hurts to be on the safe side. For the 5th time this series, here are the usual points to remember:
  • Everyone has free choice on starting the race on either Racing: Hard or Racing: Medium tyres.
  • When a car suffers Engine Damage, regardless of collision with another car or from a single car accident, drivers are required to indicate "D" in the in-game chat.
  • With Formation Laps rendered unnecessary due to the fixed lap count settings, the race will start as soon as the Rolling Start countdown reaches zero.
Everyone is advised to re-read Race Neutralization procedures before the race so that everyone would be familiar should the need for it arise. Just for safety, really, you can never tell what would happen.

Driver Attendance Confirmation
Please reply in the thread to confirm the status of your attendance for the race.
  1. ajh_1990 (@andrew1990)
  2. BigNFL (@Mr.Skyline09)
  3. BlueXephos22 (@DaGiBUS)
  4. CFM_TetsuKobura (@TetsuKobura)
  5. Cobani (@Cobani)
  6. CWM_NoirAntares (@Antares26)
  7. CWM_StormPacer (@Storm_SP17)
  8. DRR_Affliction (@Theaffliction)
  9. DRR_Sinyster (@Sinyster)
  10. kikilouise (@Kiki12)
  11. RacingHeartGT (@YayoiGT2) GTP_RACECAR (@RACECAR)
  12. Street-King-07 (@AudiMan2011)
  13. TNR_FILO (@TNR_KING_FILO)
  14. weescotman (@weescotman)

Last edited:
ROUND 5 PRE-RACE POST

Track: Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya
Track Time: TBD
Race Length: 50 Laps (Approx. 90 minutes)

Date: June 29, 2019

We're here for yet another back to back racing weekends. Catalunya's way wider than Bathurst, so there's plenty of room for everyone on track. I honestly don't think we'll be needing an FCY this round, but it never hurts to be on the safe side. For the 5th time this series, here are the usual points to remember:
  • Everyone has free choice on starting the race on either Racing: Hard or Racing: Medium tyres.
  • When a car suffers Engine Damage, regardless of collision with another car or from a single car accident, drivers are required to indicate "D" in the in-game chat.
  • With Formation Laps rendered unnecessary due to the fixed lap count settings, the race will start as soon as the Rolling Start countdown reaches zero.
Everyone is advised to re-read Race Neutralization procedures before the race so that everyone would be familiar should the need for it arise. Just for safety, really, you can never tell what would happen.

Please reply in the thread to confirm the status of your attendance for the race. Deadline for confirmation is June 28, 12:00PM UTC.
  5. Cobani (@Cobani)
  10. kikilouise (@Kiki12)
  11. RacingHeartGT (@YayoiGT2)
Should be

The incident of avoidable contact involving #26 and #85 has been deemed punishable in the region of +10 seconds to total time... however, due to the margin between the two cars at the end yielding no change to the results, a warning will be issued to BMW #26 (@Antares26) ...

Until the end of the GT3 season, should the #26 be responsible for a similar offence, the deemed punishment PLUS the 10 seconds not applied this race will be applied; regardless of overall outcome.

Edit - I want to clarify that this is still up for appeal. Should the appeal be invoked, I shall forward my view of events to a trusted third party for review. The warning will still remains on the #26, due to things I have discussed in private about my view of the incident.

Last edited:
Regarding Incident between BMW #26 and Mercedes #85:

An appeal was made and had been raised to a third party for review.

The outcome of the verdict was that the overtake was perfectly fine, although a combination of netcode and a twitch of oversteer before entry to T2 resulted in a racing incident.

The original warning for the #26 remains, however the suggested 10 second penalty has been lifted and will not apply to future incidents should avoidable contact be caused by the #26.

Last edited:
ROUND 6 PRE-RACE POST

Track: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa
Track Time: 10:00 (Qualifying); 11:30 (Race)
Race Length: 56 Laps (Approx. 90 minutes)

Date: July 13, 2019

We're now at the penultimate round and the last 90 minute race of the GT3 calendar. Going from the highly technical Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya to the high speed Yamagiwa circuit is sure to bring some close racing between all cars, and with the title fight now back in full force with the championship leading #65 missing the last round, it's sure to be an intense race. Here are the usual reminders:
Just for safety, everyone is advised to re-read Race Neutralization procedures before the race so that everyone would be familiar with what to do should we need to have it.

Please reply in the thread to confirm the status of your attendance for the race.
  5. Cobani (@Cobani)
  10. kikilouise (@Kiki12)
  11. RacingHeartGT (@YayoiGT2)GTP_RACECAR (@RACECAR)

Last edited:
Back