Apricot hill???

  • Thread starter Thread starter AJ1990
  • 13 comments
  • 553 views
Messages
36
I'm using the chepest Miata with super slicks but can't get 5th place:banghead: :banghead: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:
 
Well.. how many laps have you run? Because the pit stratagy should win it for you.
 
Dont run with super slicks run mediums i think and pit every 7.. or 12 im not sure
 
Super slicks are best. I did it with super slicks and only had to pit maybe once. I'm not sure.
 
I'm using the Miata mx-5 j
just trying to remember the name
 
Any of them should win it just try learn the tracka bit, go run some qualifiying laps.
 
Unfortunately, the 4 MX-5's names change region-to-region, and I'm not exactly sure which is which.

One of the two 1998 shapes (non-poppy-up headlights) has 168hp after you oil it. In PAL this is the 1.8RS. This is the car you want to use.

Slap on T3 front tyres and T4 rear tyres. You'll need to pit roughly every 10 laps (3 stops) and you should be finished in about 1 hour, 8 minutes. The lead car is ALWAYS on T7s and pits every 3 laps, so don't worry about him - he'll finish last.
 
I used the 1.8i, (PAL) and think it's the best one.

/D
 
This is a comparison between your Miata, which I assume is the 93 (J) since you said cheapest, and the Miata LS, one of the cars you're up against.
Miata MX-5 (1993) vs. Miata MX-5 LS
Although you're lighter and so a little more maneuverable, the LS has about 30 HP on you, maybe more if the CPU cars were broken in. So unless you draft the lead car for 40 laps, which I would imagine is very difficult considering the course, you don't have a shot in winning here.
kideng
 
Yes, I used the one with 160 bhp, slapped on super slicks, and won easily...:D
 
Back