April DLC Thread - Out Now

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 628 comments
Johniwanna also said in the clue thread that there's something for everyone in this pack, and that's quite the claim to make! Fingers crossed for a good pack, but expectations low.

He's right you know we all have different tastes...there'll be an SUV for everyone! :lol:

In all seriousness I feel the packs so far have been quite balanced with the exception of December's edition. Remains to be seen how the car packs change once the car pass ends.

Next pack better have the 720s, huracan perfomente, or superfast. Or i will be pissed.
Stop with suvs and trucks. They have almost 2 each month but almost no supercars.

GT Sport isnt giving us free anything. We paid $60 for the stuff they are give us late.
Then what do you call Forza motorsport 5 charged you for adding cars in dlc and that did not feel like a full game either. Gt sport is the first game for ps4 so its built from the ground up. Fia took Much of the time. But the quality of the cars is far better in gts than fm7. And don't forget that gran turismo 6 had free dlc all the way. Turn 10 are just more greedy its that simple. Gt cares more about its fanbase. Just look at the car packs gt sport has Much more different cars in there

Then what do you call Forza motorsport 5 charged you for adding cars in dlc and that did not feel like a full game either. Gt sport is the first game for ps4 so its built from the ground up. Fia took Much of the time. But the quality of the cars is far better in gts than fm7. And don't forget that gran turismo 6 had free dlc all the way. Turn 10 are just more greedy its that simple. Gt cares more about its fanbase. Just look at the car packs gt sport has Much more different cars in there
Forza 5 was a launch title. And Poly is doing just the right thing considering the poor track/car list for a game in 2018 (to my eyes, it's more about damage control...).

For me I would like a little more balance. Some of the Car Divisions, have too many cars, or not enough. For instance, Sport Coupe, and Forza Touring respectively.
Yeah I know what you mean. Vintage sport GT is another. Only four cars in that division but to round that division out they could bring back the de tomaso Pantera and add the Jensen interceptor. Another class is Forza group rally...only having the Subaru WRX, bettle and focus, all they need to give us is that Honda grc and maybe a VW Polo grc. But there's other classes that could use more as well..... Rise of the supercars could also badly use the Vector W8 which is rumored to be in the next dlc, I hope so.

Last edited:
I would like to propose a compromise:
pBV8DY7.jpg

Just a thought, What if the delay was because T10 Needed some extra time to sort out releasing the first Expansion alongside or shortly after this months update?
At this point in FM6's lifespan we had just gotten the first Expansion, So it is time to finally get some new regarding potential FM7 expansions.

Honestly I just think it's because T10 is really running behind with this game. We've never had such a sporadic DLC schedule, and we don't even have word of any expansions.

This game is getting dry for me, it really needs some kind of expansion (anything really) to keep me interested until FM8.

Honestly I just think it's because T10 is really running behind with this game. We've never had such a sporadic DLC schedule, and we don't even have word of any expansions.

My guess is that the One X was the issue. Microsoft relies a lot on Turn 10 as one of its headline first-parties (and, increasingly, Playground), and the new system seemed to be a priority from the moment the game was announced.

I also think that, as handy as it is, the Forza Tech engine needs updating. Rainy weather looks fantastic, but the day lighting can look pretty flat. I'm not sure if truly dynamic weather is possible with this engine.

This game is getting dry for me, it really needs some kind of expansion (anything really) to keep me interested until FM8.

Sometimes I find myself in the same boat. I played FM6 almost daily for nearly two years (yep, even after FH3 came out), but haven't put half as much time into FM7 so far, even considering its only six months old. It's weird; I want this style of game (a big car encyclopedia sandbox), but probably because I played the last game, it's hard to stay motivated. Leagues help — just as Sport Mode does in GT — but the meta of quitting after a race to reset your start position is a drawback.

I do like the variety with Ghost and Sim leagues; I think for racing games to truly succeed on the world stage of esports, they need to appeal to those that aren't only concerned with the bleeding edge of realism.

My guess is that the One X was the issue. Microsoft relies a lot on Turn 10 as one of its headline first-parties (and, increasingly, Playground), and the new system seemed to be a priority from the moment the game was announced.

I also think that, as handy as it is, the Forza Tech engine needs updating. Rainy weather looks fantastic, but the day lighting can look pretty flat. I'm not sure if truly dynamic weather is possible with this engine.

Sometimes I find myself in the same boat. I played FM6 almost daily for nearly two years (yep, even after FH3 came out), but haven't put half as much time into FM7 so far, even considering its only six months old. It's weird; I want this style of game (a big car encyclopedia sandbox), but probably because I played the last game, it's hard to stay motivated. Leagues help — just as Sport Mode does in GT — but the meta of quitting after a race to reset your start position is a drawback.

I do like the variety with Ghost and Sim leagues; I think for racing games to truly succeed on the world stage of esports, they need to appeal to those that aren't only concerned with the bleeding edge of realism.
Don't think the engine is the problem. I think the Xbox One is, they can't use a complete different lighting on X and pc because it will look to different. I mean look at FH3 the lighting there is 2 levels above FM7 and its dynamic. Thats because its running 30fps on base Xbox so they can use more of the engine.
40660278641_c2637bac80_o.png

25789421207_8e9a84e2f3_o.png

And that happens to be exactly the right number for me.

There was a time when racing games were all about the latest and greatest supercars. Then Gran Turismo came and brought some much needed variety, but I'm finding it funny how divided people are over supercars in racing games nowadays. I agree it's for the most part more interesting when cars we didn't expect to see are being added, but it would also be odd to leave the DLC without one or two supercars not yet in the game.

You don't consider the Bugatti Chiron a modern supercar?

FM7 assigned it to the hypercar division and I agree. It's hardly comparable to cars like the Ferrari 488, which fits the average supercar definition.

Last edited:
There was a time when racing games were all about the latest and greatest supercars. Then Gran Turismo came and brought some much needed variety, but I'm finding it funny how divided people are over supercars in racing games nowadays. I agree it's for the most part more interesting when cars we didn't expect to see are being added, but it would also be odd to leave the DLC without one or two supercars not yet in the game.

Because more often then not, those that are the loudest about supercars being wanted, especially in Forza's case, are young and dumb kids who think that it's not unlike a mobile racing game where the developers can create a model in like two weeks and be on the bleeding edge of car culture by having the hottest vehicles.

FM7 assigned it to the hypercard division and I agree. It's hardly comparable to cars like the Ferrari 488, which fits the average supercar definition.
I doubt the people constantly clamoring for them are going to be thinking of the two being that different. They're both expensive go fast cars, to the majority of the world.

Because more often then not, those that are the loudest about supercars being wanted, especially in Forza's case, are young and dumb kids who think that it's not unlike a mobile racing game where the developers can create a model in like two weeks and be on the bleeding edge of car culture by having the hottest vehicles.

So? That has nothing to do with the validity of the cars.

I doubt the people constantly clamoring for them are going to be thinking of the two being that different. They're both expensive go fast cars, to the majority of the world.

Even if you count the Chiron as a supercar, it's still funny to see someone saying that "we don't need supercars in ever single car pack" in response to someone asking for modern supercars when there are other car categories crowding the latest cars packs to a much higher extent.

So? That has nothing to do with the validity of the cars.

Even if you count the Chiron as a supercar, it's still funny to see someone saying that "we don't need supercars in ever single car pack" in response to someone asking for modern supercars when there are other car categories crowding the latest cars packs to a much higher extent.
Definitely. Although, it probably had a bit to do with the fact that they seemed to be the most requested, no matter what happens.

I suspect we'll see the supercar-du-jours in May (if there's a pack then), as the Season Pass will be done.

You know, I rag on the supercar kiddie contingent as much as the next guy, but I guess what it stems from is the fact these cars feel like forgone conclusions. Of course the New Hotness will (eventually) make it to a racing game or eight. What's impressive (to me) is when a company makes an inspired, diverse selection. Call it the GT effect; just as PD arguably started the approach, Turn 10 — barring a bit too much of a focus on off-roaders — has arguably perfected it.

Back