Arcade Love ~*~ The Hit List & Game Changer.

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 377 comments
To my surprise, there is much better racing hidden in arcade mode than in GT mode.
haha nice 👍

To my surprise, people thought Arcade mode had literally Arcade-style gameplay. Only a small number of people thought that from what I remember.

I use Arcade mode to take visual damage off, to keep the days in the UCD from passing, and to use the other options it has that GT Life doesn't. I don't use lounge regularly, because replays can only be saved if you complete the "race" you're doing. Sometimes something amazing happens, and there isn't any possible way to Save the replay.

Arcade mode is fun most of the time I finish 6th 5th the competition is good.

Arcade mode suffers the same problem seasonals do, artificial difficulty by starting the cars miles apart on a rolling start. So you're 10+ seconds behind the leader at the start and even further behind as you weave through the slower cars to catch the rabbit streaking off into the distance.

That isn't real racing and doesn't really do it for me.

I do that plenty of times.

Same here. I don't like tuning most cars due to the great difference between the sound of a stock and tuned car. I'd like to run laps around Fiat's or Beetle's in a fast car too, since I do solo runs more than I use Seasonal Events. I'm never grinding.

Why do you always quote people like that, bolding and underlining parts? You know you can break one large quote up in to smaller parts and quote each part you know?

SimonK
That isn't real racing and doesn't really do it for me.

Yes, I too hate it when I have to overtake cars in a race. Right.

Qualifying on the pole and watching the race from the rear view mirror is so much more fun.

Stressful day? Check.
Boring, long and tedious work? Check.

Got home. Fired up some seasonal events. Same old.

Favourited some LMPs. Not same old. :)

First I ran 25 laps of Indy in the Pug 905 against the rest of the LMPs and the Escudo turned up just to get embarrassed. It was wheel to wheel all the way to the end.

The first few laps were tough and I took a slight clip on the left but only really sustaining minor damage which didn't show until the end of the race on worn tyres. It's hard to tell who won, apart from the obvious car that crossed the line first, because it was being tossed up the whole journey. It was fun dodging cars coming out of the pit after getting a tap and needing a quick fix. On lap 23 I took a hard shunt (my fault) and span out making the rest of the race a struggle though I still managed to bring it in 4th after a last minute lap-a-thon.

I then set up 8 laps of Le Mans using the same cars. This wasn't a test of winning by speed, but avoiding damage to the car. Well, first corner incident put my steering slightly out of touch but it was only noticeable during heavy braking. I pulled a lead early in the race but only maintained a 3-5 second lead until lap 6 when I hit the pit for fresh tyres. Coming out I had a few positions to make up but won it in the end with 5 seconds back to number 2. The mistake I made was racing at intermediate level thinking advanced would be too tough. I was wrong.

Still, I'm smiling now. An hour of pure stress relief. Shem's seal of approval. ;)

Qualifying on the pole and watching the race from the rear view mirror is so much more fun.

:lol:

Stressful day? Check.
Boring, long and tedious work? Check.

Got home. Fired up some seasonal events. Same old.

Favourited some LMPs. Not same old. :)

First I ran 25 laps of Indy in the Pug 905 against the rest of the LMPs and the Escudo turned up just to get embarrassed. It was wheel to wheel all the way to the end.

The first few laps were tough and I took a slight clip on the left but only really sustaining minor damage which didn't show until the end of the race on worn tyres. It's hard to tell who won, apart from the obvious car that crossed the line first, because it was being tossed up the whole journey. It was fun dodging cars coming out of the pit after getting a tap and needing a quick fix. On lap 23 I took a hard shunt (my fault) and span out making the rest of the race a struggle though I still managed to bring it in 4th after a last minute lap-a-thon.

I then set up 8 laps of Le Mans using the same cars. This wasn't a test of winning by speed, but avoiding damage to the car. Well, first corner incident put my steering slightly out of touch but it was only noticeable during heavy braking. I pulled a lead early in the race but only maintained a 3-5 second lead until lap 6 when I hit the pit for fresh tyres. Coming out I had a few positions to make up but won it in the end with 5 seconds back to number 2. The mistake I made was racing at intermediate level thinking advanced would be too tough. I was wrong.

Still, I'm smiling now. An hour of pure stress relief. Shem's seal of approval. ;)

This is what I am talking about 👍 GT5 arcade mode is good 16 cars, weather effects, day to night transitions damage etc. To make arcade mode even better PD should let us pick the opponents if this ever happens game over GT5 will be on another level.

That isn't what i said was it? How many real races have you seen that start like GT5 races do? It isn't about starting on pole and racing away, it's about starting on an even grid or rolling start and having a race in the pack rather than starting a long way behind and passing cars easily to catch the only true competitor.

Are you trying to say that you enjoy effortlessly blowing past the field of muddlers, only to chase the leader who is miles away from everyone else? This is, in effect, a time-trial.

I understand that in RL, races sometimes pan out like this (1st place tearing away from the pack). But in Gran Turismo, somebody has been programming this to happen in almost every race for the better part of 15 years, and Kaz inexplicably approves. That fact is a bit depressing.

I'm with Simon on this one. We want to compete. We want to work on our car-handling skills with other precious metal in close proximity. And MAN it wouldn't hurt to be accomplishing this while earning XP, credits, UCD refreshes, and maybe even a stage II turbo or a rare paint chip every now and then..

:)

Are you trying to say that you enjoy effortlessly blowing past the field of muddlers, only to chase the leader who is miles away from everyone else? This is, in effect, a time-trial.

I understand that in RL, races sometimes pan out like this (1st place tearing away from the pack). But in Gran Turismo, somebody has been programming this to happen in almost every race for the better part of 15 years, and Kaz inexplicably approves. That fact is a bit depressing.

I'm with Simon on this one. We want to compete. We want to work on our car-handling skills with other precious metal in close proximity. And MAN it wouldn't hurt to be accomplishing this while earning XP, credits, UCD refreshes, and maybe even a stage II turbo or a rare paint chip every now and then..

Sounds like you need to get some friends and race online. I love the way you make it seem like you just blow pass the AI if this truly the case maybe you need to handicap your tires or power. I am a fast driver and with arcade mode set to 10 and professional mode the AI is super tough.

When are they super toughest- when they're braking 50 meters too early or when they're letting off the throttle and sometimes actually BRAKING during turn-exit? How about when you get beside one and all of the sudden he's a spec in your rearview? Go watch the replay, select that goofball's car and watch his throttle during the incident. It won't be pretty.

And if you've read even my posts in this thread you will see that handicapping my car is something I've discussed at length. It is a must. I, along with most everyone else, wish it wasn't.

When are they super toughest- when they're braking 50 meters too early or when they're letting off the throttle and sometimes actually BRAKING during turn-exit?

Please. And if you've read even my posts in this thread you will see that handicapping my car is something I've discussed at length. It is a must. I, along with most everyone else, wish it wasn't.

Dude what you seem to be talking bout is GT life mode. In arcade mode the AI is a lot faster and there are option we can run such as real damage real grip conditions. I always drive with CS no assist including no abs and the competition is good 100 times better than GT life AI which is what you described. I always have a good time with arcade mode my problem is I wish we could pick the cars we could compete against because once you start upgrading your car your opponents can be funky. What level of difficulty are you playing on by the way?

OP has nailed it. I only picked up a copy of GT5 because of the ability to race what I want when I want.
On Line can be good if I find like minded people that want to race similar to me i.e full damage no aids and longer races where passing doesn't have to be achieved before T1.

A Spec is good but in same make races the AI are too slow.

I often use Arcade mode for longer races around 1 hour long.
However I do wish I could specify which opposition I race against and have the ability to choose stating fuel loads and tyres for all cars.
It's decent but I wish for the customisability of a PC sim.
This is what i'm talking about

Arcade, Class A (professional), A.I. Difficulty 10, Tire/Fuel wear on, real grip, heavy damage, No aids, ABS set to 1 on cars that have it in RL, ABS off for cars that don't. Choosing grippy tires (SS or RH) in order to set the field of opponents making them extra beastly, and then dropping my tires to SH, CS, or CM once in the pre-race screen. I am no alien, by any means. These A.I. are still parking. GT life is much worse, like you said.

ps. when you tell someone that you don't know to 'get some friends', you have got to realize that despite your good intentions- that comes off as unimaginably rude. Cmon. You be nice.

researchALLwars

Arcade mode is far from perfect for the obvious reason. However, have you ever tried the following (AI set to 10):
Chose 1 to 2 grades softer tyre compound you plan on using in the race yourself, load a race, 30 laps on Le Sarthe, damage to high, fuel/wear on, time transition on, chose desired tyre compound from the pre race screen (AI will use softer compound originally on your car), and off we go.

That's some of the best white knuckle racing there is to be had in GT.

Now it's a complete pain in the behind to go through these steps, it really should not be necessary at all and we should have more control over the opponents.

But several of my golden racing moments have come from these Arcade mode races.

So rather than being this negative all the time, and rather to miss out on these great races, I make the best of it by using these work arounds.

Arcade, Class A (professional), A.I. Difficulty 10. Choosing grippy tires (SS or RH) in order to set the field of opponents making them extra beastly, and then dropping my tires to SH, CS, or CM once in the pre-race screen. I am no alien, by any means. These A.I. are still parking. GT life is much worse, like you said.

ps. when you tell someone that you don't know to 'get some friends', you have got to realize that despite your good intentions- that comes off as unimaginably rude. Cmon. You be nice.

I wasn't under impression the AI tires change depending on yours I though what ever the car came with those where the tires I will check in 20 min. Dude you are to sensitive, I see you only have 189 post so you my not know this but on GTP when people start complaining or having a bad time with GT5 offline mode they are told to get some friends that play to their style so they can start having good competition online If you want to take it like that go ahead, but it is nothing new you will see on GTP.

Arcade mode is far from perfect for the obvious reason. However, have you ever tried the following (AI set to 10):
Chose 1 to 2 grades softer tyre compound you plan on using in the race yourself, load a race, 30 laps on Le Sarthe, damage to high, fuel/wear on, time transition on, chose desired tyre compound from the pre race screen (AI will use softer compound originally on your car), and off we go.

That's some of the best white knuckle racing there is to be had in GT.

Now it's a complete pain in the behind to go through these steps, it really should not be necessary at all and we should have more control over the opponents.

But several of my golden racing moments have come from these Arcade mode races.

So rather than being this negative all the time, and rather to miss out on these great races, I make the best of it by using these work arounds.
There you go 👍

👎

I just wish they gave you the option to choose your oponents.

I'm askin this since Day 1. I hope this thread will help people realizing the real fun, while racing offline is in Arcade mode. Crazy decision by devs but that's how it is.

We could open a thread sharing tunes that lead to great battles vs. AI. Could be an idea.

I'm askin this since Day 1. I hope this thread will help people realizing the real fun, while racing offline is in Arcade mode. Crazy decision by devs but that's how it is.

We could open a thread sharing tunes that lead to great battles vs. AI. Could be an idea.

Dude I want this so bad especially If we can pick our cars from our garage!

Dude I want this so bad especially If we can pick our cars from our garage!
Yeah that sound like an easy thing to implement right? :)
KY is a sadistic ******. You won't get it.

But at least we can try to find the best combinations User car / AI cars. So we can at least make good use of our PS3's for racing.

Yeah that sound like an easy thing to implement right? :)
KY is a sadistic ******. You won't get it.

But at least we can try to find the best combinations User car / AI cars. So we can at least make good use of our PS3's for racing.

I hear what your saying but GT5 has a pretty good offine arcade mode, I have FM4 and if you don't have online you are screwed. The offline arcade mode is terrible, however the online custom race is pretty damn good. You will not see my say what is easy to implement because I am no programmer but I truly want to see this feature in the future. 👍

JDMKING13
I hear what your saying but GT5 has a pretty good offine arcade mode, I have FM4 and if you don't have online you are screwed. The offline arcade mode is terrible,

Arcade is pants on Forza. Fortunately their take on Aspec is pretty good.

I agree that offline in GT that arcade is the way to go.

Arcade is pants on Forza. Fortunately their take on Aspec is pretty good.

I agree that offline in GT that arcade is the way to go.

Dude I'm having a blast with FM4 event list did some mountain chases the other night Miata vs... damn I forget :lol: but It was a blast. I love some of the game modes in FM4 and I'm not going to front I would like to see some of those ideas put in GT5 especially arcade mode.

JDMKING13
Dude I'm having a blast with FM4 event list did some mountain chases the other night Miata vs... damn I forget :lol: but It was a blast. I love some of the game modes in FM4 and I'm not going to front I would like to see some of those ideas put in GT5 especially arcade mode.

I'm pretty certain the headtracking works in arcade too. Odd.

I miss the S, A, B, and C classes from past Gran Turismos. Also, I wish we could drive any car we wanted, not just a few from favorites.

I don't know if many GTers out there use the Arcade Mode feature very much. Some find it a bit boring or limited for choice. I say "not so".

Super GT cars at Tokyo
Tuner cars at High Speed Ring
NASCAR at Deep Forest
Super cars at Monaco
Classics at Nordschleife
Muscle at Route 5
Lemons at Cape Ring

The beauty, I find, of these kinds of races is that whether you have 5 minutes or 2 hours there is always something to do and enjoy.

If you have any combinations of your own which have proved to yield great racing then please do post them for me and others to try.

Have I been missing something?
If I choose a Classic car in arcade, GT5 usually mixes some modern cars in with it.

Is there a way to just have historic cars at Nordschleife?

I've always thought that GT5 should have (and probably has) a code to unlock all content in Arcade Mode, including cars, tracks, etc. Guess which game has almost everything unlocked out of the box.

Also GT6 could use a Tournament Mode, mainly for live competitions, shows and events. The GT series is featured in lots of them worldwide, probably more than its rivals even without PD's assist.
It should have everything unlocked but with lots of options aimed for competing, for example not being able to tune the car (including tires), preselected track, disabling assists (SRF and ABS come to mind), use a specific stock or tuned car, and other settings (force wheel and clutch usage).

I know both options have the potential of making people not to play A-spec and get addicted by buying cars in the UCD (or rather wasting days of their lives in menus), so those could be accessed the old way: cheat codes.

I love using Arcade Mode. Though I still can't get over this scenario:
Me: "Alright, time to cruise in my Sauber! Yeah!"
Goes to Route X.
"Okay...prepping race..."
*Sees opponents being the GT Citroen Concepts*
Me: Are you serious?

Latest Posts

Back