Arcade Love ~*~ The Hit List & Game Changer.

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 377 comments
Stock 787B, 15 laps la sarthe, 16 cars, jesus it gets tense :nervous: Every car, for me, was actual competition , no doubles either (ex: 2 audi R8's) cant get better than 5th place ..:banghead:

Last edited:
After looking through this thread I realize I haven't given arcade mode a real chance. Since I'm a log in or 2 from the 200% bonus I think I'll give it a try. I really need practice at Spa, I can barely get silver time on it( latest TT). I had no problem golding the 'Ring! So it looks like arcade mode is the way to go for practice/fun.
Question: Are the physics more like A-spec or online?

One thing I like about Arcade Mode are the races you can do on SSRX on it. Had a pretty enjoyable race in an XKR today on it, hit 235 in that thing before hitting the limiter!! :eek: Have had many good races prior to that, I just love the general speed of such races. :D Every other race though tends to be good, especially if you make it a long one with a GT300-ish level racer.

Super GT at La Sarthe with day/night cycle and weather is pretty fun.

After looking through this thread I realize I haven't given arcade mode a real chance.

Question: Are the physics more like A-spec or online?

Physics are identical to A-spec, with better/adjustable A.I. With some effort, you can have some awesome races.

The competitor vehicles that show up sometimes though.... yyyyyeeeeesh! :crazy:

I had a great grid of cars turn out last night except for some reason they threw in a muscle car which decided it would be more fun to drift Suzuka than to race! :lol:

We should have a 2-player thread. Me and my brother both have a wheel, and we've been playing 2-player lately and its fun.

Love the Arcade racing system because the AI cars are really random and matches perfectly any tuned or not tuned car you use.

Good setups for fast fun (AI always on professional off course, and for more fun no assistance on, except ABS if you really don't know the threshold of braking yet):

Monza (with chicanes), 12 laps - Ferrari 430 or Lamborghini Gallardo (both stock, sport hard tires)

Nürburgring, 4 laps - McLaren MP4-12C or McLaren F1 (both stock, sport hard tires)

Suzuka, 6 laps - Acura NSX '91 or the new (stock, sport hard tires, no assistances)

I think the Professional mode should have this 'quick race' option like there is the 'pratice' option... it's kinda anoying have to favorite the cars you want to use, then go out of professional mode to arcade mode, etc...

I think the Professional mode should have this 'quick race' option like there is the 'pratice' option... it's kinda anoying have to favorite the cars you want to use, then go out of professional mode to arcade mode, etc...

I do agree. I wish there was a system in place like in GT4 where all of the cars from ones garage were available for Arcade mode.

I try to select a handful of cars I wish to try at the beginning of the week and then that saves me having to go back and forth marking them as favourites.

I will try your Monza set up when I get back from lunch as that sounds like a really go formula!

Just did the Mclaren MP4-12C at the Nurburgring. It was hard and fun! Had a great battle with another Mclaren. I was catching 3rd, then I stupidly ran into that wall in the bus stop chicane. Overall, great fun. 👍 I am trying the others now.

Just did the Mclaren MP4-12C at the Nurburgring. It was hard and fun! Had a great battle with another Mclaren. I was catching 3rd, then I stupidly ran into that wall in the bus stop chicane. Overall, great fun. 👍 I am trying the others now.

The MP4-12C is a hard car to drive, and the uneven road on Nurb make it a real challenge to drive that car there as it literally fly on some parts of the circuit.

But the McLaren F1, that's the real challenge hehe. One of a kind car...

The MP4-12C is a hard car to drive, and the uneven road on Nurb make it a real challenge to drive that car there as it literally fly on some parts of the circuit.

But the McLaren F1, that's the real challenge hehe. One of a kind car...

Yup the McLaren F1 is the beast! After a Lap on the Ring your deltoids and chest will be on fire! :lol: I saw your comment about the threshold braking and I wanted to know If you can drive with ABS off. I don't use ABS on any of my cars 90% of the time, but I tweak the brake balance to mimic ABS. When playing like this Arcade mode turns to another level.

I did the GP/F lol. Anyways...I have a challenge!

5 laps at Tsukuba Circuit using the Premium BMW M3 2007 Stock from Arcade mode on Sport Hard tires. It's hard. I ended up 5th.

I had a great grid of cars turn out last night except for some reason they threw in a muscle car which decided it would be more fun to drift Suzuka than to race! :lol:

See, it even replicates online for you! There's always one guy that doesn't follow the rules. :P

Yup the McLaren F1 is the beast! After a Lap on the Ring your deltoids and chest will be on fire! :lol: I saw your comment about the threshold braking and I wanted to know If you can drive with ABS off. I don't use ABS on any of my cars 90% of the time, but I tweak the brake balance to mimic ABS. When playing like this Arcade mode turns to another level.
I always play with assistances off and wet-track/off-track traction set to real.

The only things i tweak some times is the Tire wearing off and fuel, and the mechanic damage (mechanic damage in Arcade or any other racing against AI is just stupid as they tend to ram in you when you're braking, even if you do a forced late braking).

I can't always play with a wheel so, let's say 80% of the time i play with a Dualshock 3, the L2/R2 as analog Acc and Brakes, the left stick as steering and the X and square as shift up/down.

Even with the DS3, all assistances off. I got used to the L2/R2 analogs resistance and i kinda 'feel' when i'm applying too much brake or accelerating too much.
What i do to make braking a little easier is to set the brake balance to 6/4 (front/rear), but not every car and race mode benefits of it, like drifting for example.

The forcefeedback is really precise to a joystick.

Last edited:
I always play with assistances off and wet-track/off-track traction set to real.

The only things i tweak some times is the Tire wearing off and fuel, and the mechanic damage (mechanic damage in Arcade or any other racing against AI is just stupid as they tend to ram in you when you're braking, even if you do a forced late braking).

I can't always play with a wheel so, let's say 80% of the time i play with a Dualshock 3, the L2/R2 as analog Acc and Brakes, the left stick as steering and the X and square as shift up/down.

Even with the DS3, all assistances off. I got used to the L2/R2 analogs resistance and i kinda 'feel' when i'm applying too much brake or accelerating too much.
What i do to make braking a little easier is to set the brake balance to 6/4 (front/rear), but not every car and race mode benefits of it, like drifting for example.

The forcefeedback is really precise to a joystick.

Dude I love it! I love when other members play similar to my gaming style. 👍 I would like to race with you online one day. 👍

I do agree. I wish there was a system in place like in GT4 where all of the cars from ones garage were available for Arcade mode.

A 'Quick Race' option - like the Quick Race option in S2 would be ideal. Until then - Arcade mode is all we have; this is a good way of getting the best out of it, Shem. 👍

5 laps at Tsukuba Circuit using the Premium BMW M3 2007 Stock from Arcade mode on Sport Hard tires. It's hard. I ended up 5th.

That sounds like one I want to try. I might go for 30 laps as Tsukuba is so tiny and I enjoy a race that uses up to or over a full set of tyres. :)

I tried my hand at 20 laps of Monza using super cars on SH and as much as the racing was awesome Monza just isn't a track I enjoy much. I don't know it very well so I was learning new braking points and ditched it in the gravel a few time giving me a far from fast 14th place finish.

Another one for the Hit List:

Track and car
16 laps of Trial Mountain in the Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car

Competition
Touring/ race cars, some lower spec LM racers and a few rally cars...

Additional notes
The race was very split into several packs but due to TM's short length it wasn't a big deal. An S2000 LM car did make a bit of a rabbit but I managed to spend the last 4 laps on his rear and only got passed a few corners before the flag to take 1st on the podium. :D

W3HS
That sounds like one I want to try. I might go for 30 laps as Tsukuba is so tiny and I enjoy a race that uses up to or over a full set of tyres. :)

Yes. You should put all of the suggestions in the OP.

Back