Arcade Love ~*~ The Hit List & Game Changer.

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 377 comments
I'm talking about the LMP's and stuff. I know it has some Supercars, Nascars, and WRC cars.

If you favourite the Audi R8, then use it on the Le Mans track (not sure about other tracks) you should get a grid of LMPs with a few GT cars. Do this at night with rain and it's even more fun.

Seems the Arcade Mode fan club is growing. :)

I had a few more races last night but will have to wait until I get home to watch the replay as I can't remember the settings.

I've tried a mini Le Mans 4 times now in arcade mode.
90 mins of racing with day/night set to 16 to give 24 hour cycle and variable weather and each time it's crashed my PS3.
Last night I was 2 laps from the finish when it crashed :grumpy:

I first found the joys of Arcade Mode because GT Life was crashing my PS3 too much. I've never had a problem using AM.

Do you have a USB fan base for your PS3, Trux? Perhaps it is over heating?

I don't always freeze

But when I do I freeze on track loading.

I guess everyone has a different story, In AM tends to freeze while track loading, happened about 5 times in the last 50 days. Instead, almost never freezed in GT mode or while racing since day one.

I get a GT Life freeze ever other day or so. I've had one sort of crash when a grid took a few minutes to load which is unusual on my system.

I get a GT Life freeze ever other day or so. I've had one sort of crash when a grid took a few minutes to load which is unusual on my system.
Go figure. We can't have customization and unique cars, but we can have unique bugs. :sly:

Car and track
Ford Focus (premium model) doing 24 laps of Tokyo. CS -- Ballast 65kg.

Competition
S2000, Clio V6, other family cars and sports cars

Additional notes
This race was a challenge. I ran mid-pack for ten laps until I locked up and met the wall pretty hard on the first turn. I had to pit for repairs which left me on my own to come in 15th. :(
Providing that no incidents happen this makes for a really good combo.

Christmas came early for me today. :D

Car and track
Aston Martin DB9 in a 100mile sprint of Le Sarthe (12 laps). SH -- 65kg ballast, stage 3 weight reduction, aero pack.

Competition

Lotus, TVR, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Astons.....lots of fat cats. ;)

Addition notes

Rain showers, Sun rise, Sun set, fireworks, paint swapping, over taking en mass, repair stops. A real battle on an amazing circuit, weather, time, damage and the AI being completely competent, I lost track of tyre wear, fuel, time, laps and position. They almost put me to shame. I was lucky to make a 4th place finish just missing out on a podium.

If you don't try any other Arcade Mode race, just give yourself an hour to test this out and see how it goes. ;)

Used the Evo TC from the dlc on eiger last night. 99 laps no aids at all. had a mix of the slower turners, rally cars and a couple of randoms. very tight track so lots of challenges. managed 6th after a 80 lap fight with a RS200 rally car. was a challenge deciding when to pit as you lose a lap doing so. was great fun.

Christmas came early for me today. :D

Car and track
Aston Martin DB9 in a 100mile sprint of Le Sarthe (12 laps). SH -- 65kg ballast, stage 3 weight reduction, aero pack.

Competition

Lotus, TVR, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Astons.....lots of fat cats. ;)

Addition notes

Rain showers, Sun rise, Sun set, fireworks, paint swapping, over taking en mass, repair stops. A real battle on an amazing circuit, weather, time, damage and the AI being completely competent, I lost track of tyre wear, fuel, time, laps and position. They almost put me to shame. I was lucky to make a 4th place finish just missing out on a podium.

If you don't try any other Arcade Mode race, just give yourself an hour to test this out and see how it goes. ;)

Just did this and it was an hour well spent. 👍 Went with 12 laps and time set to 24 to give full 24hr cycle. Didn't bother with the ballast but only went with stage 2 weight reduction (same difference :)).

Finished 3rd behind 2 M5's 1 of which I had an epic battle with that lasted well into the night before I fell behind him after I missed my brake marker at Mulsanne corner.
After that I could see his brake lights on the straights but could never close the gap as my tyres were starting to drop off.
Great race, thanks.
:)

ok ok, I got a good one.

Red Bull X2010 (this will be a one-make race)

Daytona Oval Course, 10 laps (or more, if you like)

Class A, A.I. Difficulty 10, Set the race on Racing Hard Tires then switch to Sports Mediums (or whatever you like), 200kg ballast, detune power to 92%.

These settings make it difficult to win, but not impossible. What really counts here is the fact that the A.I. cannot maintain control when they get in a tight spot with other drivers- there will be SEVERAL HUGE CRASHES every time you try this race. If you wouldn't enjoy zooming underneath a couple flying x2010's at 370kmh, then this isn't the race for you.

Red Bulls. Give's the A.I. wings. :sly:

It's a similar deal with the NASCAR on the oval. Give them enough laps and just keeping your car in one piece is enough to challenge for the win. Plenty of pitting action. Avoiding them running into you is another matter all together.

I ran a race last night using the formula from the 650pp seasonal at Suzuka. 20 laps, RH, McLaren F1 stealth. ;)

Car and Track
Corvette Z06 RM (Racing Modifications)
Powert Limited to 502 BHP and Weight at 1260 KG. Was actually doing this race so as to practice for the CALM PURE championship, so I did 35 laps for 3 hours at Le Mans 2009 (with time set at 8 so as to gee the whole shebang).

Competition
Jaguar XJ race car, Nissan Safety car, Ford GT40 (old Le Mans one), Mercedes CLK GTR and other fast cars.

Additional Notes
Didn't do the whole race (only 10 laps) but I still had a blast. The Corvette is quite fun to drive at these specs and I had a race long battle with the Jaguar and the Nissan for 6th,7th and 8th. Can't remember where I finished but I didn't make any pitstops.

Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious but Nascar cars in Arcade Mode are fun. The cool thing is the game gives you all Nascar AI field, even if you use your purchased Nascar cars. This mean lot of choice with liveries. :)

The NASCAR races can be good fun if all the right elements are there. It's once race where you're guaranteed to see AI pitting for repairs.

Yesterday I purchased that wierd Ferrari SP1, changed the oil and took it directly to the 24h nurburgring track set to 4 laps. Maximum difficulty, time/weather change.

I have to say I had the most incredible race ever. It took me almost the entire race to beat the first six cars. And it was not a "chase the rabbit" type of race, no, I was stuck less than a second behind and in front of the A.I throughout the whole race. No sand bagging at all. It was probably the best I've seen from the A.I so far.

This proves that Arcade is what keeps the game alive. It's too bad that only like 1 out of 10 races end up like this... We really need the event generator or a way to choose our rivals, their PP (or hp) and tires.

The NASCAR races can be good fun if all the right elements are there. It's once race where you're guaranteed to see AI pitting for repairs.
Well sometimes when I come back from work and I'm tired I don't run 20 laps races. I use quick 5 laps just to battle with AI.
At Fuji is fun because at the end of the straight with no ABS, no gear indicator and draft finding the right braking point is not obvious. Break too early and you get passed, too late and you go on the run off area. Nice.

I've noticed one recurring theme I've had in Arcade Mode races: the AI is very competitive on Eiger Nordwand Short Track.

I had a race a while back in a Prius TC. Was planning on it being pretty long and didn't finish it but was only able to get to 5th in about 15 laps. Yesterday did a 5 lapper in a C8 Laviolette and without bad control I wouldn't have done better than 6th I reckon. To be fair I think there was at least one car in each of the races that ran away from the field but still...Eiger looks like a good track for these races.

I don't know about you guys, but I found out something interesting when driving the Arcade Mode cars.

1. The opponents are all Premium (Except for the GT-R having a Caterham every race).

2. The opponents are always the same save for different colours, different driver names and starting positions.

3. However, there will always be a certain car in the first spot (eg Audi R8 when using the F40, Viper when using the Cobra).

4. One race could have as many as three duplicates of the same car.

5. It's a lot of fun.

Hmm, didn't know that. I assume if you choose your car from favorites, Standard cars will show up. Such as racing LMPs.

I
1. The opponents are all Premium (Except for the GT-R having a Caterham every race).

Incorrect. I took 20 laps of Le Mans last night in LMP cars and came up against a whole range of standard cars, more than premiums, actually. And it's not just Le Mans cars that bring up standards. Take any RM car or mid-level race car like a Weds Sport car to a race and you'll face a grid made of mostly standards.

To my knowledge the only races where a full premium grid can happen often is using NASCAR or GT500 race cars.

Incorrect. I took 20 laps of Le Mans last night in LMP cars and came up against a whole range of standard cars, more than premiums, actually. And it's not just Le Mans cars that bring up standards. Take any RM car or mid-level race car like a Weds Sport car to a race and you'll face a grid made of mostly standards.

To my knowledge the only races where a full premium grid can happen often is using NASCAR or GT500 race cars.

True, but I think he means if you choose a car from the Arcade car list, not from your favorites.

gorsad's right. That's exactly what I was referring to.

Also, PD should really get to adding grid starts or rolling starts as optional choices. I don't know how many sour faces I made when my SuperGT line-up stay on the grid on any Eifel tracks.

I'd really love to see optional starts (rolling/ grid) as that would add so much to the changeability of the game.

Slightly off topic, and a little bit of a rant - lights. Myself, I love a race with time change but there are just so many cars without decent lights to be able to make use of it. I've raced Le Mans to run it inside out, blindfolded but still find it a trouble getting the Peogeot LMP (Premium) around with very tiny bulbs in the front. It's a premium car with standard car lights! WTF!

With regard to only premiums showing up using Arcade Mode cars, then yes, it seems you are right and I misunderstood what you were saying.

Car and track
Nissan mm-R cup car, 22 laps of Nurburg GP/D (F1 course). 65kg ballast -- SH.

Competition
Strange grid, lots of old rally cars and some newer cup cars.

Additional notes
Win this and you deserve a medal! I made up a few places on the first few laps but got dropped slowly down to 9th throughout the race. The car goes well through corners but doesn't have the grunt on the straights. Awesome track. Doing another race there now.

Car and track
Calsonic GT-R (GT500 premium) 36 laps of GP/D. 65kg ballast -- RH.

Competition
Super GTs

Additional notes
A bit of a lonely race for me. Made 5th in a few laps, made first in 10. Lead by 3 seconds until the pit on lap 25. Cam back in 4th and took 1st place for the win after the other pitted.

This race got me thinking that because the GT500 A-spec races are pant I'm going to hold my own championship in Arcade Mode on my yen favourite tracks, each race of about an hour, adding ballast a I rack up the wins like they do in real racing.

Last edited:
FIX FOR STRANGE GRID:

Enter race with lesser tires no higher than SH, try different combos ex:
Countach 88 CS gave a field of big V12s and some Jag V8s and a few classic Lambos, perfect match.
CM gave me 300-400HP JDM, bad matchup.

Tires tires tires, you can switch them before race start, 90% of the time even when u start with CHCMCS they still have SH on, but car lineups change.

..... And it was not a "chase the rabbit" type of race, no, I was stuck less than a second behind and in front of the A.I throughout the whole race. No sand bagging at all. It was probably the best I've seen from the A.I so far.

.... It's too bad that only like 1 out of 10 races end up like this... We really need the event generator or a way to choose our rivals, their PP (or hp) and tires.

Get em, HuskyGT!! :)

(althought I must point out that using the terms Event Creator or Editor is a better plan than saying "generator". A "generator" would likely give us, the user, a very limited set of options and have PD then choose our field of opponents just like the old Event Synthesizer from gt2. This is basically what we have in arcade mode right now, and it is way too laborious to get a good race like this.)

-Also I have noticed that when you take a regular sports or supercar into an arcade race, the field will usually be made up of premiums only- thus limiting our available competition in these categories to an extreme degree.

C'mon PD. I know you can do us better than that. :ill:

Back