Arcade Love ~*~ The Hit List & Game Changer.

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 377 comments
The only tip is bombard Kaz twitter page asking them to fix these silly AI grids. Super GT and cars from the 60's is really 🤬.
Best option will be if they allow us to select AI cars.

I'm not sure a 60's Le Mans grid is possible. The cars will show up but the grid won't be exclusively them.

Using a LMP on race tyres will set a LMP grid perfectly.

I love arcade mode. Ive gotten bored with the a spec races. My girl makes tracks and I race on them. This is post has some food guides to get great completions. I hate when I use the Ferrari 430 and get a field of all Citroen in white lol

I hate when I use the Ferrari 430 and get a field of all Citroen in white lol

The happens with the Caterham, too. It must be the only way the game balances the AI with power/weight ratio.

I love arcade mode. Ive gotten bored with the a spec races. My girl makes tracks and I race on them. This is post has some food guides to get great completions. I hate when I use the Ferrari 430 and get a field of all Citroen in white lol

Enter untuned with CS tires, should give you a nice field with some 430s.

But if you MAXTUNE with aero too and use RS tires youll always get odd fields, for Arcade its best to go stock, if you want more HP use a faster car, because it causes havoc with lineups.

XEPEGTP
Enter untuned with CS tires, should give you a nice field with some 430s.

But if you MAXTUNE with aero too and use RS tires youll always get odd fields, for Arcade its best to go stock, if you want more HP use a faster car, because it causes havoc with lineups.

You for the tip! I'm having a great race now.

I think what pulls me most towards arcade is the damage settings and tire wear.

Formula GT at max aggression AI is not able to avoid collisions, expecially coming from a long straight. Did you change aggression setting just for FGT?

if you want more HP use a faster car
Or you can tune the car while you are in race menu. Look at 1st post.

When I use the Minolta with Racing Softs on, the only cars I get are Escudos and Toyota 7s, with the occasional Sauber Mercedes mixed in. On occasion, I get a nice mixed grid of LMPs, but that's not common.

Using the RX8 LM car gives great races. Did 2 hours at De la sarthe. came 6th after a close race with a nomad diablo. so out paced down the straights but managed to catch back up on the corners. Used the car as it comes as it created closer racing with the lower top speed.

LaSarthe w/weather change. Started at midnight finished at dawn w/ slight precipitation. Ran a stock Jaguar XJ220 LM on RH's. Trans was adjusted up. Set up the race on those tires with the AI 10, professional mode etc...

Field was predominately LM cars with some oddballs thrown in. Ford GT'S, Zonda LM and the like. The draft made for lots of tight racing. A McClaren GTR got real aggressive after a couple laps. My car couldn't hang with it, it had started way back but won by 20+ seconds. A couple cars I passed then they returned to get after me again after another lap. Pack racing was the norm. Some cars were more aggressive than others which was pretty neat.

I only ran 5 lappers just to test out the field. Had to keep in the draft or get left behind. Running a slower car made it challenging but it was fast enough to stay competitive.

General question to all: What cars bring up a one-make grid?

I know of the Spoon CR-Z and obviously the X1. Are there others that anyone has found?

About one-makes grids you can also try Citroen GT.
When I use the Minolta with Racing Softs on, the only cars I get are Escudos and Toyota 7s, with the occasional Sauber Mercedes mixed in. On occasion, I get a nice mixed grid of LMPs, but that's not common.
That's your problem.

Found a nice combination

Car - Peugeot 908 FAP
Track - Madrid City Course
Laps - 25

Power at 660 and weight at 1000kg with Racing Hards only. Love'd it, felt a lot like the Long Beach ALMS race to me at least.

The 908 is a great car, only shame is that the interior view at night coupled with it's lights make for difficult viewing! I've had lots of great races with that car.

What I do is I have 2P battles with my friend on courses we don't know.

We start with 3 laps each in an S800 RSC Race Car

Then we do 5 laps in Caterhams (Fully tuned)

5 laps again with JGTC NSXs

Finally 10 Laps with LMPs

So far we have done

Circuit de Madrid
Nurburgring GP/F
Cote d' Azur

Awesome race today from the AI who were really not giving me any allowance!

Perscarlo Judd Hybrid LMP > GVS 24 laps > RH & +60kg

They really weren't being nice today. I had the pace to win. The car was fast and I know that track very well. Two pits for tyres/ repairs. On lap 17 I made 1st but a back marker put me into the wall, well it was my fault for not giving him the room. On lap 22 down in 6th (after another pit) I was forced to retire when my tyres let lose and threw me into a wall rather fast. Great race.

Did a 20 Lap GT500 race on Motegi yesterday.
Set the AI at 9 in the settings.

Had a blast
đź‘Ť

Who says there is no real racing to be found in GT5?? :sly:

For a race that really hits the spot try this:

Track & car
6 laps, Nurburgring (weather + time) in the GT Academy Silvia. SH + 65kg ballast.

Competition
Evos, RX7s, Imprezzas, NSXs, Lotus and other sports cars.

Information
EPIC! Started at 5:30am and held the pack for the first lap. Made my way to the front on the next few laps. Fought an NSX for 1st, held for 1 lap before he got away. Jostled the next few laps with an RX and NSX for position. Finally finished in 4th after losing ground.

Another thing I noticed is that the damage works in several ways. This race I didn't have any big collisions that required mending in the pit but lots of little 'racing' bumps which seemed to cause very slight effects to the power. Strange, I know, but the steering was unaffected, it was just the engine that seemed to drop a bit and it's got fresh oil and isn't fully broken in yet!

If only arcade mode had the suspend race feature from a spec endurances. Had an awesome 50 lap fight on Laguna Seca with a GTR 07 last night. The AI are much more fun than the real endurances, but I can only race for about an hour at a time.

I tend to only do about and hour - hour and a half at any one time. Any longer and my PS3 overheats so I'll have to wait until winter to do longer races.

I've had some fun races with low hp race cars. Setting up with 400-450 pp on Race Hards so you get a race car field. Switching to Sports tires. Using Toscano Touge style tracks night/day settings. Hud off and cockpit view. You lose track of where you are in the field or your lap. Just driving in the moment.

Thanks again for starting this thread, I had never set up a decent Arcade race before seeing this. It really shows how GT5 is a game that needs a self starter attitude to get the most out of. If more folks would race in Arcade, they could get out of the chase the rabbit Aspec rut. Be great if this could be a sticky with a list of race possibilities and ways to set up a competitive field.

Last edited:
I tend to only do about and hour - hour and a half at any one time. Any longer and my PS3 overheats so I'll have to wait until winter to do longer races.

Protip: Get a small desk fan and place it beside your PS3. :)

I'm getting more and more in love with arcade mode. 10 laps deep forrest reverse. In the V12 vantage straight from the showroom.

Got passed on both sides at once on the straight. Didn't know the ai could do that. :D

Protip: Get a small desk fan and place it beside your PS3. :)

Also, if you have room, stand your PS3 on its end and aim the fan at the bottom of the PS3. You don't want the fan blowing directly on the back of the unit as it will blow dust and debris inside of it via the vents.

I've had some fun races with low hp race cars. Setting up with 400-450 pp on Race Hards so you get a race car field. Switching to Sports tires. Using Toscano Touge style tracks night/day settings. Hud off and cockpit view. You lose track of where you are in the field or your lap. Just driving in the moment.

That, sir, sounds incredible. Excellent job working the system into giving you a surreal experience. A good force-feedback wheel and an immersive race in GT5 is a beautiful thing.

Thanks again for starting this thread, I had never set up a decent Arcade race before seeing this. It really shows how GT5 is a game that needs a self starter attitude to get the most out of. If more folks would race in Arcade, they could get out of the chase the rabbit Aspec rut. Be great if this could be a sticky with a list of race possibilities and ways to set up a competitive field.

:cheers:

I remember having a great Arcade race with the Audi R8 LMS at Le Mans.
Of course, the two Gran Turismo Ford GT's pulled away by miles, and the Lister Storm was far off the pace, but toher than that, it was an intense battle.
I remember being in the top 5 (I had had a close call the lap before at Indianapolis where I ended up damaging the rear axle of the XJ220), but in the end, one of the Oreca Vipers pushed me off the road at the Porsche Curves and made me crash into the tire barries at the emergency road. I ended up missing pit in and had to make another lap before I pitted (hitting the back-marking Lister, which even the XJ220 was ahead of depite pitting).
I was using RH, ABS 1, and only a gearbox tune for top speed to be able to keep up with most of the cars on the Mullsanne and Hundaries Straights.
It was a fun race though.

Back